Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Another newbie

Started by 0searching0, September 01, 2016, 11:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0searching0

Hello everyone!

I used this site once before as a teenager and am back again lol
I am almost 24 and began transitioning to my true male self when I was 19. I live stealth and have no intent on changing that. I have been sober for 8 months now after attending an in-patient treatment program for men. This is the longest I've been sober since the age of 13. Even though this year of rebuilding my life and navigating the world sober has been filled with struggle, this is the happiest I think I've ever been in my entire life! If anyone wants to chat or needs an empathetic ear, I'm here :)

Also, I highly recommend reading the book "No Mud, No Lotus" by Thich Nhat Hanh. After getting sober, that book changed my life in a big way.

Talk to you soon
0searching0
  •  

CerealStone29

Welcome, glad to hear you are sober. I too recently became sober after 10 years of abuse. It hasn't been easy but it has been worth it. I'm glad that you're bettering yourself and wish you well on your journey.
  •  

0searching0

Quote from: CerealStone29 on September 01, 2016, 01:05:38 PM
Welcome, glad to hear you are sober. I too recently became sober after 10 years of abuse. It hasn't been easy but it has been worth it. I'm glad that you're bettering yourself and wish you well on your journey.

Hi CerealStone29,
I whole heartedly agree. Most difficult life decision one can commit to, but so incredibly worth it. I hope all is well and continues to improve with you. Thanks for responding.

0searching0
  •  

V M

Hi Searching  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

0searching0

Quote from: V M on September 02, 2016, 03:30:07 AM
Hi Searching  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M

Hi V M!!

Thanks for the welcome! Hope to talk to you more soon.

0searching0
  •