Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Returning to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu!

Started by Daisy Jane, September 17, 2016, 07:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daisy Jane

I used to train BJJ a long time ago, I never got very good, but I enjoyed itand I got pretty fit.  I recently spoke to a guy I used to train with and he now runs the class. I told him I was interested in coming back, but I was afraid because I'm transitioning. He told me not to worry. Apparently there's already another trans girl in his class and everybody is pretty cool about it.  I was thrilled to hear this! I think I'm going to start on the 1st.
  •  

AoifeJ

Did you start? How has it been going? I've never really gotten into Martial Arts but I've always wanted to, if I could find an accepting, welcoming environment where I can feel free and really train I feel like it would do wonders for me physically and mentally. Love to hear about your experiences!  :)
  •  

Daisy Jane

I developed a wicked cold at the beginning of the month so I decided to wait. I had my first class last night and it felt great to get back out on the mat. There were only five of us training so it was pretty quiet tonight. I didn't mention the transition and no one commented on my cornflower blue nails. Everyone was super nice.
  •  

AoifeJ

That's awesome, good for you!  :D

I hope it continues to be so nice.
  •