Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Halloween night was totally dead in Utopia

Started by tinkerbell, November 01, 2007, 07:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkerbell

I don't know if this is indeed beneficial for the city of San Francisco, but Halloween night was nothing compared to other years.  There was an excessive number of police officers walking The Castro; the restaurants were closed and so were the bars.  Sheesh!  The Castro was literally dead.

Even the Walgreens store on 18th and Castro was open which is weird because they usually close on Halloween night to prevent shoplifting.  Chris and I went to the Castro around 11:00 P.M. thinking that we were going to see all these glorious customs from previous years or at least to eat something in the many restaurants there, but all the establishments were closed...what a disappointment!   >:( >:(

Here are two articles I found today:

I don't think that "quiet" is the word, it was more like DEAD!

http://www.cbs8.com/stories/story.107666.html

http://www.fresnobee.com/384/story/179880.html

tink :icon_chick:

•  

Christo

Quote from: Tink on November 01, 2007, 07:13:30 PM
I don't know if this is indeed beneficial for the city of San Francisco, but Halloween night was nothing compared to other years.  There was an excessive number of police officers walking The Castro; the restaurants were closed and so were the bars.  Sheesh!  The Castro was literally dead.

Even the Walgreens store on 18th and Castro was open which is weird because they usually close on Halloween night to prevent shoplifting.  Chris and I went to the Castro around 11:00 P.M. thinking that we were going to see all these glorious customs from previous years or at least to eat something in the many restaurants there, but all the establishments were closed...what a disappointment!   >:( >:(

lmao :laugh: yep it was hella bad.  it sucked :laugh:.  that was messed up what they did.  damn we had to go to a mcdonalds to eat.  no ppl.  no place to eat.  no nothin.
princes this is my wish on the games board.  dont mess it up :laugh:

Quote from: Chris on November 02, 2007, 12:00:52 AM

I wish halloween in frisco was hella nice every year. damn! it sucked yesterday :(
  •  

buttercup

I am sorry about that Tink and Chris, who would of thought that it would be dead.  We don't celebrate it here but I thought every pocket in the U.S would celebrate it in a big way.
  •  

Pica Pica

I want to use, "Halloween night was totally dead in Utopia" as a first line in a story or something, it's got such a ring.
  •  

shanetastic

I guess it's back to dress up parties at friends house's for Halloween huh :D 
trying to live life one day at a time
  •  

Keira

Ha, Tink, Chris, Shoulda taken the tram back towards soma then walked to north beach. Its never dead there. In fact, I don't get the attraction of Castro. I read that's kind of losing its cachet. At least in 2000-2003 when I was in SFO, I didn't find anything really great there.
  •  

Lori

Quote from: Tink on November 01, 2007, 07:13:30 PM

Well if those 8 stupid people would not have allowed themselves to get shot, things wouldnt have been ruined for everybody :P
"In my world, everybody is a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"

If the shoe fits, buy it in every color.
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Lori on November 02, 2007, 04:36:24 PM

Well if those 8 stupid people would not have allowed themselves to get shot, things wouldnt have been ruined for everybody :P

LOL  ;D  I also heard that some people were stabbed last year during the Halloween party.  I think that they should prohibit alcoholic beverages, for people tend to behave inappropriately when they are intoxicated.

Quote from: Keira on November 02, 2007, 04:18:43 PM

Ha, Tink, Chris, Shoulda taken the tram back towards soma then walked to north beach. Its never dead there. In fact, I don't get the attraction of Castro. I read that's kind of losing its cachet. At least in 2000-2003 when I was in SFO, I didn't find anything really great there.

Hmmm...I don't know Keira; I have never been fond of the SOMA; there are way too many things going on down there ;)

Quote from: Chris on November 02, 2007, 12:48:49 AM

damn we had to go to a mcdonalds to eat.

Oh come on Peter Pan, I saw you enjoying your quarter pounder with cheese!  :P ;D

•  

katia

ha ha ha ha ha why do you care about silly halloween parties?  is there anything more fun you can do to compensate for the lost time? >:D ha ha ha!
  •  

Christo

Quote from: Katia on November 03, 2007, 01:19:54 AM
ha ha ha ha ha why do you care about silly halloween parties?  is there anything more fun you can do to compensate for the lost time? >:D ha ha ha!

>:D >:D >:D lmao :laugh:  ahem. yep  there is :laugh: ;)
  •