Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Smoking

Started by gothique11, November 03, 2007, 03:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noir

I smoke about 2 packs every three days. And I don't want to quit. Perhaps this not the best place to post this, I think it is, seeing how they are the two-sides of the same coin. My parents are fairly old, both have medical problems, and If I quit now, when they go, I'll start right back up again. I hate to think like that, but it's something I consider.

All the people I know smoke or have no problem with it. I don't smoke a pack a day either, so, I'm really not seeing much reason to quit. I'll die sooner or later, so that's no problem for me.
  •  

placeholdername

The only time I've thought about smoking was to use as a fake excuse for why my voice would be lower as a girl, but that was before I learned people could really REALLY change their voices.  So yeah, not happening.
  •  

Dennis

In two days, I'll have been off smokes for three months :)

Did it with Champix, which I took for about 8 or 10 weeks. Wasn't too hard to do this time, and hasn't been bad staying off them. I guess the time was right for me.

Dennis
  •  

lizbeth

•  

LivingInGrey

I would have to say I 'quit' smoking cigarettes sometime around April...
I quit chewing tobacco two months ago...
Now I just need to quit this damn gum =/
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

Stella Blue

I haven't been smoking much lately, trying to get myself healthier and I know it isn't a good idea to smoke on hormones probably... but its so hard to kick the urge. If I dont have ciggs I am fine, but the second someone has one or offers me one I cave.

As far as pot goes, I like it too much lol. Would that have any negative effects on hormones at all? And what if it was vaporized only rather than smoked?

-Heather

•