Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A Trump presidency

Started by Amy1988, November 08, 2016, 11:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy1988

Thank god I pass because it's going to be scary times for transgender people.  California may be the only safe haven.

Donald Trump is next President of the United States in shock defeat for Clinton

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/11/09/donald-trump-is-next-president-of-the-united-states-in-shock-defeat-for-clinton/

Pink News/By Nick Duffy  11/9/2016

"The US Presidential election has been called for Donald Trump, who has won a shock victory over rival Hillary Clinton.

Secretary Clinton is believed to have held a narrow lead in the popular vote across the US, but Mr Trump built up a lead in the electoral college system by taking swing states of Florida and North Carolina. "
  •  

Laura_Squirrel

•  

RoryM

Looking at the stats and calculating on my own, I think Trump might win. If he gets Pennesylvania or Michigan, he is going to win.
  •  

Michelle_P

I figure I've got just over two months to get the gender marker corrected on my passport.  I'm not even going to worry about the name, not enough time left.

Time get a doc to write the letter.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

GalaxyDust

Quote from: Amy1988 on November 08, 2016, 11:27:32 PM
Thank god I pass because it's going to be scary times for transgender people.  California may be the only safe haven.

I'm outta here! time to save for the UK
  •  

cheryl reeves

Been celebrating since they called Pennsylvania, I pray he lives up to what he said...Goodbye Obamacare and all the executive orders done without approval of congress and goodbye unfair trade. Time to heal this country.
  •  

Lisa55

I just hope his flip flopping indicates we don't really know what Trump stands for and that his early campaigning before he cosied up to the extremes is more indicative of his presidency than the latter hate campaign.  That with the republicans having no one to shout down and react against the far right will be pushed out into the long grass and the republicans become a more centred party and hopefully his acceptance speech will be more the outcome than the GOP we have seen of late. 

It has to happen that way otherwise we really are looking at a dark time in this world, trans or not.
  •  

Chloe

I woke up in great fear this morning TV News pundants prattled on for almost 15 minutes before announcing definitely who indeed had won the most historic election in US history!! I do NOT want my children, grandchildren serving in WORLDWAR III !!! Hillary had promised IRAQ, of all people, she would invade IRAN and Russia if needs be!!! I found her talk of being '4 seconds ready' on the 'nuclear button' to be quite disturbing!!

It is now CHINA who is in for a GREAT SHOCK!! As a unwilling member of a faltering US trucking industry excessive trade with a highly polluted country that deliberately manipulates it's currency value must come to an end!!

The SOUTH really pulled this one out!! While 'evangelical christens' are not my fav people to hang out with almost 90% went unanimously  for TRUMP!! As a tandem driver running around Atlanta all week long huge crowds with banners were present at just about every polling spot I came across!

Huge Sigh Of Relief!!! DEMs (and their buddy Rino-Republicans) left alot of economy work to do!!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

AngieT

The LGBT community as a whole is in for some real challenges the next several years. 

Trump, a GOP Congress, GOP Senate, GOP control over most state legislatures and most governorships,  and a new conservative Supreme Court justice is going to make things difficult for us all, and possibly even roll back many of the rights and protections it took years to earn. Let's face it... as of last night, the conservatives gained control over almost every elected office, and the war against us is going to get nasty.

"Trans friendly" school policies. Bathroom bills. Religious freedom legislation.  All will soon be decided by those that despise us.

If you haven't done so already, start all your transition legal changes NOW, and make sure they're done before mid January.

•  

EmilyMK03

Quote from: AngieT on November 09, 2016, 04:52:01 AM
If you haven't done so already, start all your transition legal changes NOW, and make sure they're done before mid January.

Absolutely.
  •  

Mariah

I'm so glad I have done everything including the final an ultimate act SRS. Hugs
Mariah
The LGBT community as a whole is in for some real challenges the next several years. 

Trump, a GOP Congress, GOP Senate, GOP control over most state legislatures and most governorships,  and a new conservative Supreme Court justice is going to make things difficult for us all, and possibly even roll back many of the rights and protections it took years to earn. Let's face it... as of last night, the conservatives gained control over almost every elected office, and the war against us is going to get nasty.

"Trans friendly" school policies. Bathroom bills. Religious freedom legislation.  All will soon be decided by those that despise us.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Eevee

Since I'm poor and I haven't done anything more than HRT yet, this pretty much ruined all hope I had of getting any further with transitioning. Mike Pence will make sure of that.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

Jessika

I'm waiting for a Judge to mail me my Court Date for my name change. It's been 3 weeks since my Background/Fingerprints have passed and my Case Worker told me the magistrate will send me a letter.

My Fantasy is having Two Men at once...

One Cooking, One Cleaning.  ;D 

•  

EmilyMK03

"so this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause"
http://www.starwars.com/video/so-this-is-how-liberty-dies

Feels like real life now, doesn't it?

•  

TX16

I am absolutely terrified and sick to my stomach. I haven't even started HRT yet. Now I feel like there is no hope for me to do anything.

AngieT

Quote from: Jessika on November 09, 2016, 07:23:18 AM
I'm waiting for a Judge to mail me my Court Date for my name change. It's been 3 weeks since my Background/Fingerprints have passed and my Case Worker told me the magistrate will send me a letter.

Congratulations in advance!  Planning and prep are the keys to getting it all done. 

•  

Petti

Im sorry, I haven't post much lately, but I am here because I am very afraid and I usually get help here when I am.

I beg that if someone here who really knows politics, not armchair stuff, passion, opinions, and things like that, but who REALLY understands could be kind enough to let me know if I should be afraid of these republican victories. I am on medicaid and the state welfare insurance (Kaiser) is covering me to where I just got an recommendation from my primary care provider to an endo. I have all my paperwork from my therapist who is ready to recommend I go on hormones. I am poor and into my 30s never managed to hold a job more than a few months due to this trans stuff. I apologize for being like this. But still can someone let me know what I should do.
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: GalaxyDust on November 09, 2016, 02:08:39 AM

I'm outta here! time to save for the UK

It really isn't a whole lot better here. We had our own breeze of insanity blow through people's heads a little while ago. If it were me, I'd plump for Antarctica. It's the only safe bet. Well, take a boat and some paddles just in case.

I stayed up to watch some of the coverage last night, and being half asleep it felt like some weird, Twin Peaks dream. Like "is this actually happening or have I eaten way too much cheese?" I still can't quite believe it.

I hope for the best, for all of you. Heck, for all of us. And that it doesn't end up being as terrible as many fear. I saw Mr Trump speak a few times and he sounded like that bloke down the pub who's had a few too many beers and lets all the deeply held resentment leak out to anyone who will listen. Much like the people who were trying to get the UK to vote to leave the EU. And we all know what happened there.

Makes you lose your faith in humanity sometimes.

Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

AngieT

Quote from: Petti on November 09, 2016, 08:41:12 AM
Im sorry, I haven't post much lately, but I am here because I am very afraid and I usually get help here when I am.

I beg that if someone here who really knows politics, not armchair stuff, passion, opinions, and things like that, but who REALLY understands could be kind enough to let me know if I should be afraid of these republican victories. I am on medicaid and the state welfare insurance (Kaiser) is covering me to where I just got an recommendation from my primary care provider to an endo. I have all my paperwork from my therapist who is ready to recommend I go on hormones. I am poor and into my 30s never managed to hold a job more than a few months due to this trans stuff. I apologize for being like this. But still can someone let me know what I should do.

"What should I do" is an extremely complicated question that will vary based on what state you live in, where you were born, your progress in transition, therapy recommendations, etc.  If you're in a more progressive state like CA or WA things may not be too bad, but if you're in, or were born in, more conservative states, there could eventually be issues with maintaining medicaid eligibility, coverage exclusions, public restroom access, inability to amend your ID and other documents, stricter requirements for legal recognition, sanctioned work and housing discrimination, etc.

•  

Petti

Quote from: AngieT on November 09, 2016, 09:35:23 AM
"What should I do" is an extremely complicated question that will vary based on what state you live in, where you were born, your progress in transition, therapy recommendations, etc.  If you're in a more progressive state like CA or WA things may not be too bad, but if you're in, or were born in, more conservative states, there could eventually be issues with maintaining medicaid eligibility, coverage exclusions, public restroom access, inability to amend your ID and other documents, stricter requirements for legal recognition, sanctioned work and housing discrimination, etc.

Thank you so much for the input. Luckily I have therapy today and will talk to her about some things. Just really nervous right now. Even beyond trans stuff, it bothers me that someone who talks so disparagingly of certain groups was able to win the election. It kinda shows me where the heart of most Americans are.
  •