Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How will you celebrate Christmas?

Started by 2cherry, December 11, 2016, 09:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2cherry

How will you celebrate Christmas?

I am all alone with Christmas, so I could use some company. For the first time in years, I will be going to a local church.  :) looking forward to it actually, especially in these bleak and dark days. They will be telling stories at candle light, and sing a little bit.

In this beautiful little church:

They actually have the church for sale... which truly breaks my heart. If I had the money (1 million), I would buy it. It is sad to see these little churches disappear. Many of these churches are destroyed, or tuned into "health centers". It's terrible and disrespectful in my opinion. So heartless and cold... but I guess that's our society these days.

1977: Born.
2009: HRT
2012: RLE
2014: SRS
2016: FFS
2017: rejoicing

focus on the positive, focus on solutions.
  •  

Thessa

I will celebrate Christmas with my daughter.
I'm grateful that I have her and I hope that we can make a small and cosy event out of it!

On the other hand, for years we invited our parents and siblings to celebrate Christmas together with us.
Then the first family members died and last year we had been only six persons left due to death and illness.

So this makes me more grateful, for not having to celebrate without my child!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
  •  

Michelle_P

I'm hoping for a gathering of some of our family around Christmas that I can attend.  Perhaps with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and son, like our day after Thanksgiving dinner.  Perhaps even with my younger daughter, whom I speak with regularly but has been reluctant to see me so far.

If that doesn't happen, the local Unitarian Universalist church is doing some informal but very seasonal-feeling services around Christmas and the Winter Solstice that I'll likely attend.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

2cherry

Nice. Yes, family definitely comes first with Christmas. It's all about love. Unconditional love.

•  

Raell

Being with family can be nice.

I'll probably drive my motorbike to the nearby beach for a swim, have some cold coconut milk on the beach, watch a few Netflix movies with my "homie," Aguilah, the Asian Fairy-bluebird.

My daughter, who lives in KY, will be flying to Dallas, TX, to spend Christmas with my sister and her kids, her cousins. I was invited, but that trip is TOO LONG for me...two days each way.

I've been living alone in Thailand since 2010 and my daughter flew out to see me this spring for two months, so I'm thrilled.
  •  

Artesia

I will hopefully be with family(work issues) but so far is looking good.

As to that church....it is beautiful.  I have only seen very dark churches.  The artistry, from what I can see, is lovely, and it looks like the organ is an old pipe organ in a Choir loft area on the right side of the picture.  The stained glass is to far, and to much light through it to do it justice, I'm betting.  So sad that the artistry is making way for future functionality in newer churches.

Where is this church?
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Dee Marshall

The same thing we do every year! (Try to take over the world? No!) We'll go out for Chinese food for dinner on the 24th, then see one or more movies on the 25th. Randi's Jewish and I no longer belong to a religion. The only time we do anything different is when we can get away to see my sister for the holiday.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

2cherry

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle. Love and light is blessed twice... I wish everyone a merry Christmas... and lot's of love...

•