Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Now they think we stole the rainbow from them.

Started by DawnOday, December 24, 2016, 12:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Just to prove my point that the prophecy is being fufilled, check out this passage, everything that it's saying is happening and I see it and if you don't there is an issue.

keep working hard and you can get anything you want.    -Aaliyah
  •  

Dayta

Matthew 24:35-6 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. NO ONE knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Erin

•  

Deborah

This panic about the imminent end of the world has been rampant for 2000 years.  The world is still here.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

AnneK

QuoteWhat's written in the bible should be believed because alot alot of things that were prophicided in the bible is starting to come to past and alot alot of people are noticing that and not just Christians and people are scared, all it takes is to read it and you will see matter fact I could post a picture on here of a bible scripture talking about the end of the world and how the people will act and its scary because its happening.

Well, the scariest thing at the moment is the Trump administration.  However, I don't think it's the end of the world (yet).  The mid terms are a time when things can start to turn around.

BTW, ever hear of a guy named "Harlold Camping"?  He was one of those end of the world types and told people to get ready for it.  Well, he apparently missed all the fun, because he kicked the bucket a couple of years back.  History has been filled with these prophecies and time after time, they have always proved to be nonsense.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Deborah

Google the Millerites.  This is nothing new.

And there was the panic at the end of the first millennium.  http://bit.ly/2qvhmGn

And there was Hal Lindsey when I was in high school.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

HappyMoni

You guys should just agree to disagree and part friends.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

AnneK

Quotetalking about the end of the world

Here's a "prophecy" you can bet on.  In a few billion years, the sun will run out of fuel and turn into a red giant.  At that time, the earth will be incinerated and we'll have our end of the world.  Get your popcorn ready.

Please note, this is based on hard scientific fact, not belief.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

•  

Deborah

There's nothing worse than a reformed fundamentalist and until fairly recently I was to the right of the right wingers.  Then I had an epiphany that cured me of a massive case of cognitive dissonance.

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Janes Groove

Quote from: Brandon on May 27, 2017, 12:47:18 PM
Just to prove my point that the prophecy is being fufilled, check out this passage, everything that it's saying is happening and I see it and if you don't there is an issue.

Yup. You're right.  That is happening now.  But that passage is just a description of human nature and human society as it has existed as far back into the the mists of prehistory as you could care to go.  That's why that passage resonated so strongly with Bronze Age people. It was happening to them too back when it was written.  It was a description of what they saw around them in their own society.   In fact it was much more true of the brutal society they lived and wrote in.  Human nature is not all roses, and warm hugs, and soft, warm fuzzies from some dreamt of Arcadian, golden age fantasy.  And most likely it will describe human nature far into the future.  It has always been happening and will always be happening.  All you have proven is that those Bronze Age writers had a marvelous grasp of the obvious.

•  

Brandon

Quote from: Deborah on May 27, 2017, 01:58:31 PM
This panic about the imminent end of the world has been rampant for 2000 years.  The world is still here.

Read what the lady up top said, no one knows the day hour and I am not panicking lol but we are in the last days and the bible scripture I posted proves that.
  •  

SophieD

Getting back to the original issue -wasn't it the Care Bears that stole the rainbow?
  •  

RobynD

The silliness of people. There are those in Christianity that claim that the bible encompasses the entire history, present and future of the entire universe, so in a sense anything would be borrowed from "them".

I prefer to think of the scripture as an awesome source of ancient knowledge that described man's relationship to God. There are many other things that do that too. I'm a believer but not a fundamentalist but i know many of them, and some of them are always "itching for a fight"

I love the rainbow as used by the LGTB+, it portrays diversity quite nicely.

•  

AnneK

QuoteRead what the lady up top said, no one knows the day hour and I am not panicking lol but we are in the last days and the bible scripture I posted proves that.

Care to prove that???  Using the bible to prove itself is called circular logic and if you have to resort to that, all you're proving is you have no proof.

As has been pointed out before, there have been many claims of of impending end of the world.  Yet, time after time, we're still here regardless.  On the other hand, since you claim no one knows when, why are you so sure it's now???  A bit of contradiction perhaps???

•  

Brandon

Quote from: AnneK on May 28, 2017, 04:36:41 PM
Care to prove that???  Using the bible to prove itself is called circular logic and if you have to resort to that, all you're proving is you have no proof.

As has been pointed out before, there have been many claims of of impending end of the world.  Yet, time after time, we're still here regardless.  On the other hand, since you claim no one knows when, why are you so sure it's now???  A bit of contradiction perhaps???

Lol the bible literally says no one knows the day nor hour and I said that we are in the last days not that the world will end now, so I am confused on how you think I contradicted myself and I am sure of that because there is proof all around you all you have to do is open your eyes but you are not willing to do that so what's the point, there are more scriptures than that, that prove we are in the last days and it's funny because the that scripture says signs we are in the last days yet you still choose to dismiss it. So what's the use.
  •  

staciM

Quote from: Brandon on May 27, 2017, 03:57:55 AM
Let me clarify something, the lgbt community twisted the whole meaning, that was my point and this is why alot of Christians have an issue with you guys, I don't recall Christianity ever stealing something and changing meaning.

Suuuuurrrre, the rainbow is the reason why a lot of christian's have an issue with "us guys".....that MUST be the reason....we will go with that.  LOL
- Staci -
  •  

Deborah

So I guess then that if we abandon the rainbow the Evangelicals will flock to our defense in supporting full non discrimination laws.

Do you truly believe that?

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

bubbles21

Christianity & Catholocism have certainly been used to justify the theft of land all over the world. I urge you to read the doctrine of discovery if this sort of thing interests you. Just commenting before Cindy swoops in and locks the thread hahahahaha ;D
Blossoming with my Happy Pills :)
  •  

Brandon

Quote from: staciM on May 30, 2017, 11:35:38 PM

Suuuuurrrre, the rainbow is the reason why a lot of christian's have an issue with "us guys".....that MUST be the reason....we will go with that.  LOL

In no way am I trying to be rude but the bible does speak against homosexuality, so that's the other issue, now I don't care who any one dates personally. I am gonna speak my mind considering I am Christian and this is what my bible teaches. Now I also don't agree with those Christians that pick and choose because I'm reality we all sin, just differently.
  •  

Brandon

Quote from: Deborah on May 31, 2017, 05:59:22 AM
So I guess then that if we abandon the rainbow the Evangelicals will flock to our defense in supporting full non discrimination laws.

Do you truly believe that?

Most Christians don't agree with the discrimination but that doesn't mean they will agree with you and how you live your life either especially when following the word.
  •  

LizK

The Thread is no Unlocked but please

I would like to take this opportunity to remind members of TOS 7

7. Leave moderating to the moderators! Susan and her staff are the only people who are authorized to deny anyone access to this website, including telling someone to leave, or to stop discussing a topic.  If someone wishes to discuss a subject that you are not interested in,  suggest a new subject; go to another of the many areas on this site; or ignore that person, topic, or discussion.
Members should immediately report any messages both public and private that they feel may possibly be abusive, inappropriate, unwelcome, or unsolicited contact attempts, to staff using the Report links in posts and personal messages.

And 15

TOS 15 Stay On topic
15. Items under discussion shall be confined to the subject matter at hand. Members shall avoid taking the other users posts personally, and/or posting anything that can reasonably be construed as a personal attack.

Attack the argument and not the poster. Let us try and keep the topic on track

Regards
ElizabethK
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •