Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Update on Phallo with Dr. Rachel Bluebond-Langner at NYU Medical

Started by CMD042414, January 10, 2017, 11:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMD042414

Yes that is true. For pretty much all surgeons. Ting has a GYN on staff. Dr. B-L does not ao she will require that it be done somewhere else.
Started T: April 2014
Top Surgery: June 2014
Hysterectomy: August 2015
Phalloplasty: Stage 1-August 2018
  •  

Tae_C

I'm probably gonna go with Dr.ting for regular rff .. Even though I would like 6 inches from alt , there's more downsides for me with going with Dr.bluebond and I want this process to not be harder than it should
  •  

KarlMars

What did they tell you about how you would have feeling in it afterwards?

transnomad

So many questions...& a lot of false info/speculation already being posted on here. I met with both surgeons numerous times & ended up using Dr Ting. I'm 55 days post surgery. Listen, this type of phalloplasty procedure is so new (I think I was his 11th patient utilizing this labia technique). 95% is finished in 1 stage.... yes, 1 stage. He placed my urethra hole temporarily on the side of my penis so that I would be less likely to have bacterial infections. So my 2nd surgery in a few months will be to move the hole to the standard top central location. Plus, to have any small elements improved.

Listen guys, the reason why many of your questions can't be answered 100% is A) it's such a new technique B) it's quite complicated considering it's using your labia skin. It's definitely NOT because he's a questionable surgeon... he's incredible & very meticulous, in my opinion.
And yes, if you very little labia skin... this surgery probably won't be possible. But again, you won't know until you book a consultation!

First recommendation, contact the Mt Sinai Center for Transgender Medicine & Surgery & you'll need to first meet with Zil Goldstein, Program Director. She will take you through the entire process... your options, the requirements, etc. During a check up last week, I heard Dr Ting is now booked solid for 2-3 years (re:surgeries)! So you've gotta get aggressive & motivated when making appointments! Use this forum for help/brainstorming but ultimately... it's vital that you understand all the steps & requirements. Later they'll have you meet with Ida Hammer & numerous social workers. There's a long list of requirements.

Now I can't recall who posted a negative comment about the recovery center? Again, you'll stay at the hospital 6-7 days, then transferred to a recovery center for 2-3 weeks, then once you are released to go home... they offer (at home)!nurse & physical therapy visits - all covered by Medicaid. I was told that all of Dr Tings patients get private rooms. All I can say... be thankful guys! In most cases this isn't even an option. I was so thankful & appreciative!

I couldn't walk for 3 weeks as I was in so much pain... having constant nurse care &  daily physical therapist visits 2x a day was so needed. How could anyone complain about that!?

Phalloplasty is such a highly painful & difficult procedure. Be thankful, not negative.

I'm also shocked with the focus on penis size. Yes of course, it's your choice... whatever dream size you have in your mind. But personally I just wanted a smooth surgery - with as few complications as possible!  I have a good size penis... I'm very happy. It's not a gigantic,  girthy one but I'm not into that appearance.

I have already posted this but I've already had numerous mini erections! My penis does get hard (from the base up maybe 3/4) & it is noticeable. I'm still unable to have sex yet but Dr Tings method is already working for me. It's really cool & will get better with time. Same with sensitivity...every day that gets better! My girlfriend massages down there & gets the blood flowing! Of course it's not a perfect erection but I'm so happy with everything so far!!!

Final comment: if you choose phalloplasty, whatever surgeon or technique... it takes an enormous amount of patience! It's a very painful rollercoaster. It's something I needed to feel complete! But honestly you'll learn to love what you have regardless if it's not exactly what you envisioned.

Patience & self love! And at least 1 year of healing will be needed regardless of the surgeon.

•  

SaerJoe

Quote from: transnomad on March 25, 2018, 07:20:35 PM
So many questions...& a lot of false info/speculation already being posted on here. I met with both surgeons numerous times & ended up using Dr Ting. I'm 55 days post surgery. Listen, this type of phalloplasty procedure is so new (I think I was his 11th patient utilizing this labia technique). 95% is finished in 1 stage.... yes, 1 stage. He placed my urethra hole temporarily on the side of my penis so that I would be less likely to have bacterial infections. So my 2nd surgery in a few months will be to move the hole to the standard top central location. Plus, to have any small elements improved.

Listen guys, the reason why many of your questions can't be answered 100% is A) it's such a new technique B) it's quite complicated considering it's using your labia skin. It's definitely NOT because he's a questionable surgeon... he's incredible & very meticulous, in my opinion.
And yes, if you very little labia skin... this surgery probably won't be possible. But again, you won't know until you book a consultation!

First recommendation, contact the Mt Sinai Center for Transgender Medicine & Surgery & you'll need to first meet with Zil Goldstein, Program Director. She will take you through the entire process... your options, the requirements, etc. During a check up last week, I heard Dr Ting is now booked solid for 2-3 years (re:surgeries)! So you've gotta get aggressive & motivated when making appointments! Use this forum for help/brainstorming but ultimately... it's vital that you understand all the steps & requirements. Later they'll have you meet with Ida Hammer & numerous social workers. There's a long list of requirements.

Now I can't recall who posted a negative comment about the recovery center? Again, you'll stay at the hospital 6-7 days, then transferred to a recovery center for 2-3 weeks, then once you are released to go home... they offer (at home)!nurse & physical therapy visits - all covered by Medicaid. I was told that all of Dr Tings patients get private rooms. All I can say... be thankful guys! In most cases this isn't even an option. I was so thankful & appreciative!

I couldn't walk for 3 weeks as I was in so much pain... having constant nurse care &  daily physical therapist visits 2x a day was so needed. How could anyone complain about that!?

Phalloplasty is such a highly painful & difficult procedure. Be thankful, not negative.

I'm also shocked with the focus on penis size. Yes of course, it's your choice... whatever dream size you have in your mind. But personally I just wanted a smooth surgery - with as few complications as possible!  I have a good size penis... I'm very happy. It's not a gigantic,  girthy one but I'm not into that appearance.

I have already posted this but I've already had numerous mini erections! My penis does get hard (from the base up maybe 3/4) & it is noticeable. I'm still unable to have sex yet but Dr Tings method is already working for me. It's really cool & will get better with time. Same with sensitivity...every day that gets better! My girlfriend massages down there & gets the blood flowing! Of course it's not a perfect erection but I'm so happy with everything so far!!!

Final comment: if you choose phalloplasty, whatever surgeon or technique... it takes an enormous amount of patience! It's a very painful rollercoaster. It's something I needed to feel complete! But honestly you'll learn to love what you have regardless if it's not exactly what you envisioned.

Patience & self love! And at least 1 year of healing will be needed regardless of the surgeon.

Thanks for the update, Transnomad.  It's great to hear from one of Ting's patients, and especially one so patient.  I've re read this string, and at nearly 13 weeks out from MLD w Dr Miroslav Djordjevic (Belgrade, Serbia), who is an adjunct professor at Mt Sinai—the disparaging comments about the different techniques gets old.  Most US docs don't like MLD because they are generally less experienced at it—as it reflects their patient population's pursuit of tactile sensation of the phallus.  MLD sensation is generally proximal, meaning touch to the phallus translates to the natal bits, which I'm pleased to say it does well, and did right out of the gate.  What MLD does provide is a very robust flap less prone to failure, that well tolerates ED and UL, and generally does not require de-bulking (mainly regarding ALT).

Each technique has its trade-offs with regard to complications.  Which one you choose has everything to do with your priorities.  Choose well!

Congratulations on your 55+ days out Transnomad!  Looking forward to hearing your followup!  I think it very interesting that Doc Miro is on the Mt Sinai team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

CMD042414

Hi all. I have completed stage 1 phallo with Dr. Bluebond-Langner and her team at NYU. I think she is awesome and so is everyone who works with her. I don't visit this site much at all anymore but I do receive email notifications. If anyone has questions or anything just send me a PM and we can correspond via email from there. I am ready and willing to answer anything that I can so please don't hesitate!
Started T: April 2014
Top Surgery: June 2014
Hysterectomy: August 2015
Phalloplasty: Stage 1-August 2018
  •