Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The suspense is killing me. Yeson voice center.. looking for younger patients.

Started by 4yyyy, February 15, 2017, 05:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4yyyy

Little background: mtf, 22 years old, 5 years HRT, post op FFS/VRS/GRS.

So.. I got VFS in seoul 2 weeks ago... Dr. Kim said I am one of the youngest patients to get the surgery since most people who opt to get this surgery are 30+, because of this I haven't been able to find a single before after from someone my age (22).  :-\

I'm so scared to find out what i sound like in 2 weeks. I'm looking for anyone around my age, preferably under 28 and same surgeon, to bless me with there before/afters. Most results on youtube are so outdated or people not around my age.

Is there anyone out there that can help me? I'd really make me happy.
  •  

AnonyMs

I know of another 22 year old, and apparently younger is better. I don't think I can post the link here, so I sent you a pm.

Edit: just realised it's probably you who made the other post.
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. I didn't have my surgery with Yeson and I am a good deal older than you but a surgical voice is 50% surgery and 50% therapy. Your voice will sound better after surgery but therapy will teach you how to use it properly. I can still sound male if I use my chest voice but if I use my head voice as a woman normally does, I fall well into the feminine range. I haven't had therapy post surgically because I had hours of it before surgery. Don't expect surgery to solve all your problems but you should now have a very comfortable voice to work with.

Also I didn't use Yeson because I had a very difficult problem with my voice and I was more comfortable with Dr Haben dealing with it however in hindsight, Yeson could have handled my surgery and I would have had the same results. For the most part, both surgeons are comparable in their abilities.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

anjaq

I wish you the best. I believe it can go very well, but some things may be unexpected - it depends a bit on what you have done with the voice already before the surgery. If you did voice training, you will have to use parts of it and unlearn other parts of it, if you have done nothing yet, it may be needed to do a little bit of voice rehab training to get the hang of some issues like resonance. Some voice rehab is not bad in any case to learn how to best use the new voice without straining it.

When I was your age and transitioned, there was no acceptable voice surgery around, so you are lucky.

•