Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Prominent Jesuit priest tweets support for transgender bathrooms

Started by Janes Groove, February 25, 2017, 11:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janes Groove

Prominent Jesuit priest tweets support for transgender bathrooms to 100k followers

February 23, 2017 (LifeSiteNews)
Claire Chretien

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/fr.-james-martin-sj-tweets-in-support-of-transgender-bathrooms

Prominent Jesuit priest tweets support for transgender bathrooms to 100k followers.
Check out all the churchy hate on his twitter feed.
  •  

LorenzRainbird

I recently nearly came to blows with my ultra conservative Catholic uncle, whose understanding of what the dictates of the church actually are differs from his understanding. The vitriol on Fr Martin's feed is indicative of this understanding, and generally very basic and misinformed.

Sadly, it is the common representation, such that his stance towards me is that I exist in opposition to the teachings of the Catholic Church (as an entity and in canon, NOT in its current hierarchy of representation).

I have known of and loved Fr. Martin for a good while, and his humour and good nature do well against the negative ways of these blinkered sheeple.

~Insightfully Witty Sign-off~
  •  

elkie-t

I think what Catholic Church teaches is opposite to what Jesus taught

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

LorenzRainbird

Sadly, that is common!

However, my understanding of the official teaching via Catholic church documents is that all people should be loved and encouraged to align themselves to the most natural state of their body, mind and soul; if medical procedures, or counselling etc are needed to achieve this, then we do well to look after ourselves with great stewardship and care not to do damage to what is meant to be there.

In the case of Transgendered individuals, the misalignment between the psycho-social, spiritual and physical conditions are encouraged to be brought into the most aligned possible with the least intervention. As a Catholic and a trans man, I take testosterone, because that is what I have discovered to be the limit of my needs at this time. Since I am also intersex, I have a choice to keep my current bottom situation (with hormonal changes) or to surgically restore what my natural spiritual and psychological design call for.

Most people only understand "LGBTQ = Bad" but it's misinterpreted severely.
  •  

ericca

I am saddened by this. It's ironic that religion should be a moral compass but it's pointing the wrong way. When liberals in religious instis finally speak out, they are shunned. This makes me believe that there is no way for quality discourse in religion. This instance is one of the many that backlashed.

Nevertheless, I admire this person. He sacrificed so much to bring the LGBT to a good light. I hope someone follows suit. LGBT oppression is real and we have to act now. God bless him. 
  •