Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Orchi with the VA

Started by 2.B.Dana, March 02, 2017, 07:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2.B.Dana

The VA guidelines state they will not pay for the GRS but all other services. I know orchi's are done for other reasons and they will do them for that. I have read mentions in other areas of the forum for ladies getting the orchi's at the VA by the doctor tweaking the write up a bit. If anyone has information about this, I and others would appreciate hearing about this, thanks

Dana
Cheers,

Dana

•  

JeanetteLW

I have thought of this, but if they follow the guidelines for transgender vets they will not do it. In my opinion if I were to ask a doctor to see if they could work something out to get it done, I would be asking them to do something unethical. I can't do that. (Though I could possibly make a case for me to get it done. )
   The Va was on track to approve trans surgeries last year and decided to hold off on it. With the current administration it doesn't look likely it will get approval anytime soon. I do have faith that it will get approval eventually though, I'll just have to wait until the current administration is removed or gets replaced in an election and hope a new administration is more open minded toward LGBTQ issues.
   That my 2 cents.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

Sojourn

Unethical? That's bull>-bleeped-<. Not covering trans-related healthcare, that's unethical. Just tell your primary care physician/provider that you have excruciating, constant pain in your testicles and would like an orchiectomy. Done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

•