Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Prolaryn Gel Injection

Started by ainsley, March 26, 2017, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ainsley

And the fun just keeps coming my way!  I got the glottoplasty 3.5 weeks ago and saw the doc for follow-up and scope yesterday.  Yep, popped a stitch!

I am having that removed next week.  lol...it causes me to feel like I need to clear my throat quite often, obviously.
And it gets in between my cords and causes a bit of hoarseness, but there is no pain at all.  I can feel it, but it doesn't hurt.

However, my voice is MUCH improved and I am able to speak with a lot more volume, and with greater clarity.  I have had several occasions where I called someone on the phone that I have never spoken with before and with just my natural voice I am get ma'am'd right off the bat.  So, as it goes right now, and it is early, and there is more healing to do, but I think my voice journey is becoming successful.

As a side bar:
I mentioned to my Dr. that I sometimes have to warn people before I show them pictures of my vocal folds because it looks, at first glance, very much like another part of the female anatomy.  He said yes, his wife said the same thing and he said he told her "Yes, honey, I am looking at throat vaginas again".  Then his nurse chimes in that when they do hysterectomies, the cervix, when removed, looks very much like the head of a penis.  Funny encounter, to say the least.
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

kwala

I'm so glad things are improving!  Too bad about the stitch but at a certain point once it's done its job it probably doesn't matter.
  •  

nongcandy8558

May I know if this is dissolvable suture?
If the two sides of the vocal cord already infused together from glottoplasty, then why you still feel some hoarseness?
the gap has already been closed but you can still sound hoarse from the suture that sticks out?
  •  

ainsley

Quote from: nongcandy8558 on April 24, 2018, 12:18:40 AM
May I know if this is dissolvable suture?
If the two sides of the vocal cord already infused together from glottoplasty, then why you still feel some hoarseness?
the gap has already been closed but you can still sound hoarse from the suture that sticks out?

Yes, it was dissolve-able, and it was not directly causing the remaining hoarseness, but the area that it was supposed to be binding together did not bind because the stitch broke, so there is a small gap in front of the webbing.  Still a much smaller gap than the original, which is why my volume is better, but it still allows air thru.  He took the stitch out and that stopped the feeling of constantly wanting me to clear my throat.  I see him next week and another glottoplasty is likely to re-bind the area that pulled apart. 
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •