Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Salon hunting

Started by Shy, May 03, 2017, 12:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Morning Sadie,

Hey girl, I can't begin to imagine what you might be referring to with this cryptic "M" word talk. By any chance have you tried discussing it with your therapist?  Not the gender one.... the "other" one.  You can also discuss this irrational distaste of fuzz.  There are lots of nice or cute fuzzy things. Like fuzzy dice or Fuzzy Bear.. oh wait wasn't that Fonsy Bear?  sorry

Anyway I did offer you a solution to try or perhaps you can use one of those scarves you used to use on your head and pretend you are a bank robber or something. Wouldn't that be fun? All I can do is offer you solutions. I can't make you try them. Sheesh do I have to do everything?

You'll be fine Sadie, trust me....

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Shy

Just back from the docs about the muscle spasms i've been getting, he thinks it may be something to do with my thyroid gland and have blood tests booked for Thursday. Told him from now on I'd like to be addressed a Sadie within the surgery of which he was more than happy to do. I've got a good doc. I owe him my life really.
Off for electrolysis tomorrow. Going old school, no 'namby pamby' goo stuff and wrapping my self up like a prize turkey.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on May 23, 2017, 06:01:00 AM
Just back from the docs about the muscle spasms i've been getting, he thinks it may be something to do with my thyroid gland and have blood tests booked for Thursday. Told him from now on I'd like to be addressed a Sadie within the surgery of which he was more than happy to do. I've got a good doc. I owe him my life really.
Off for electrolysis tomorrow. Going old school, no 'namby pamby' goo stuff and wrapping my self up like a prize turkey.

Sadie

Hi Sadie,

Good for you regarding asking your doctor to use your name.  I found it a bit strange(yet pleasant too) hearing my therapist refer to me as Laurie during my last visit. It was still strange to read his report in my medical record last night because he gendered me as she and her throughout the report. My GP also kept reminding me that I was becoming a woman and that it was what I wanted to be as we discussed my HRT and other transition concerns. I guess I am still having difficulties accepting myself. Why else would these things seem strange? *sigh*

Go ahead and John Wayne it tomorrow, Sadie. You will certainly find out how it stings. (over and over and over again)  I'm sure you can tolerate it unless you do have a low threshold to pain as some do. But I think you will find after awhile that you may want to try some numbing eventually.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Shy

Quote from: Laurie on May 23, 2017, 12:54:38 PM
Hi Sadie,

Good for you regarding asking your doctor to use your name.  I found it a bit strange(yet pleasant too) hearing my therapist refer to me as Laurie during my last visit. It was still strange to read his report in my medical record last night because he gendered me as she and her throughout the report. My GP also kept reminding me that I was becoming a woman and that it was what I wanted to be as we discussed my HRT and other transition concerns. I guess I am still having difficulties accepting myself. Why else would these things seem strange? *sigh*

Go ahead a John Wayne it tomorrow, Sadie. You will certainly find out how it stings. (over and over and over again)  I'm sure you can tolerate it unless you do have a low threshold to pain as some do. But I think you will find after awhile that you may want to try some numbing eventually.

Hugs,
   Laurie

It's Jane Wayne thank you very much ;) I just know I'm gonna get a "told you so" lecture tomorrow and I'll totally deserve it for watching too many funny cat videos on youtube instead of doing Laurie's homework assignment (of which the dog ate of course) ;D I mean see what I have to contend with.............It's just so distracting!

I also get these odd accepting myself moments, every time someone calls me "madam" I have this urge to look over my shoulder to see if there's a lady standing behind me. But no, it's me, just not used to being gendered correctly. Not that I'm complaining one little bit, but it does take a bit of getting used to. You're doing just fine Laurie.

Sadie
  •  

Shy

Well I'm back from sticking my head into a nest of bees and paying for the pleasure  ;D

Seriously the electrolysis was fine, had half of my moustache cleared from underneath my nose downwards.
The hard part for me, and there always seems to be a hard part, was letting go of my beard that I'd hidden behind for forty years and all the memories attached to it.
It's the first permanent physical step I've taken towards transition, so it was a flag in the sand for me. Feeling o.k. now though, albeit a little sore and tired. Time for some dinner and a nice cup of tea :)
Thanks Laurie for helping me out, you're a star :)

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on May 24, 2017, 07:12:16 AM
Well I'm back from sticking my head into a nest of bees and paying for the pleasure  ;D

Seriously the electrolysis was fine, had half of my moustache cleared from underneath my nose downwards.
The hard part for me, and there always seems to be a hard part, was letting go of my beard that I'd hidden behind for forty years and all the memories attached to it.
It's the first permanent physical step I've taken towards transition, so it was a flag in the sand for me. Feeling o.k. now though, albeit a little sore and tired. Time for some dinner and a nice cup of tea :)
Thanks Laurie for helping me out, you're a star :)

Sadie

Morning Sadie,

Now you listen here, Lady, I had nothing to do with you cutting your hairy crutch off or you sticking your head inside that beehive. You did that all by yourself! I did however try to get you to minimize the stinging though. But did you listen to me? Noooooo you didn't!  Neither would you call to inquire how much of an area she would need to work on so you could shave everywhere else and not feel so weird about having a fuzzy face for days on end.
  But hey Sadie I know exactly how you feel about this being a permanent physical step in your transition. It is like drawing that line in the sand and stepping over it. For me it was the second since I have let these bumps growing on my chest. You call it a flag in the sand and I, being a more pragmatic individual, call them irreversible changes. The hair when done will not grow back, you can't untell those you've come out to, and no one is removing my breasts!
  Irreversible changes! Whether physical or not they are changes we'll be living with from here on out, we best not be wrong in our choices.
  Hey lady, I be proud of you kicking your transition program into gear lately with your new hair, manicure, facial torture and (hmmm I could swear there was something else) oh well, never mind, proud of all you've been doing to forge ahead. ((Hugs)) And don't you go blaming any of it on me, it was all your doing.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Shy

Quote from: Laurie on May 24, 2017, 09:11:59 AM
Morning Sadie,

Now you listen here, Lady, I had nothing to do with you cutting your hairy crutch off or you sticking your head inside that beehive. You did that all by yourself! I did however try to get you to minimize the stinging though. But did you listen to me? Noooooo you didn't!  Neither would you call to inquirre how much on an area she would need to work on so you could shave everywhere else and not feel so weird about having a fuzzy face for days on end.
  But hey Sadie I know exactly how you feel about this being a permanent physical step in your transition. It is like drawing that line in the sand and stepping over it. For me it was the second since I have let these bumps grow on my chest. You call it a flag in the sand and I, being a more pragmatic individual call them irreversible changes. The hair when done will not grow back, you can't untell those you've come out to, and No one is removing my breasts!
  Irreversible changes! Whether physical or not they are change we'll be living with from here on out we best not be wrong in our choices.
  Hey lady, I be proud of you kicking your transition program into gear lately with your new hair, manicure, facial torture and (hmmm I could swear there was something else) oh well, never mind, proud of all you've been doing to forge ahead. ((Hugs)) And you you go blaming any of it on me, it was all your doing.

Hugs,
   Laurie

No, you're right Laurie it was all me. Hair, nails, eyebrows, electrocution, MaKeOvEr. It was all me, and I wouldn't change it for the world, oh thats right I can't now even if I wanted to.
The redness has settled now and I can already see a difference, it's a big relief really. I just want the damn thing gone now so I can put that chapter behind me. Only another 60 or so hrs to go. Hope they don't run out of bees ;D

Sadie
  •  

JulieA

It is much easier than you think----I was so "cautious" about what people might thing earlier in life---but the truth is I have found Wonderful people to help with salon and wigs--- Believer me when I tell you I bought several wigs that were "not really right" for me, before I got to a salon that corrected the problem---It took less than 1 hour, and I looked so natural it was scary---and enough different that no one would have connect the woman to me!
I look for a salon with gay people cutting hair----they have also suffered with their being different and most are highly helpful---Julie
  •  

Laurie

Hi Julie,

I'm Laurie and that other nut is Sadie. We, as you can probably tell are pretty much newbies here learning the ropes of a new world for us with a little help from our friends. I hope you plan on being one of them.
   When I saw your name and low post number I did some snooping and see that you are a returning  lost soul. It looks like it's been about five years of wandering out in the wide world doing who knows what. Well girl, Welcome back .....   ((( Hug ))).... Ooops, sorry I do that. part of my self appointed unofficial greeter duties. Come in, oh come now , come in and sit down already. You've been away so long I ought to ask you to hop over to the introductions forum and tell us a bit about yourself. But I won't. I have probably already embarrassed you enough, so I will just say welcome back again and let you be.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Shy

Well it's been a wobbly week for me, so I guess I'll post the rough with the smooth.

I haven't been able to present properly for just over a week now with all the electrolysis issues I had. Still very scabby and red. It really has effected my mojo and plans for this weekend.

Had my blood tests done for the very painful cramping issues I've been getting, so will find out next week if it's anything sinister or not.

Off to meet some of the extended family tomorrow for a meal, so looking forward to that. They all know I'm trans now so it will be interesting to see how the response to me in person.

I'm going to take some time next week to regroup and ground myself again. Will probably visit the gender clinic next month to talk things over with one of the volunteers. It's about the only support I have right now, apart from you wonderful folk, still got at least a year for my official slot to come up. I don't mind though, the NHS is under so much pressure just now with one thing or another.

I've been looking up some pottery classes for my RLE. I'd like to see how Sadie gets on mixing with a group outside of the trans world. Who knows I might make some new friends.
I'm also putting the feelers out for some volunteer or charity work. Just not sure where my skill set could be put to it's best use.

So that's it for now, a bit of a mixed bag really. But starting to feel a bit better now my heads stopped spinning.

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

Hi Sadie,

It's make me sad that you had a less that good electrocution experience as opposed to mine. My 2 hour session yesterday wasn't a picnic by any means but once again the redness lasted only a couple hours with no leakage after she rolled the area with he rolling tool and witch hazel (very soothing) and finished with a nice smelling moisterizer. Last night I shave all the prickly nasties off my face and this morning I can see a few small bumps in the area she worked on my there is no discomfort. She even used a higher setting at my urging since I was doing well with the stinging. It got more intense towards the end when she was working on the mustache area but I got through it. It almost brought tears to my eyes but not quite.
  Sometimes it is necessary to step back and reflect on what we do and regroup. I understand this and hope you will continue to keep us informed as to how you are doing. I like the idea of you getting out in a group setting and possibly getting involved in the community. It just could be rewarding and fulfilling for you.

Don't be a stranger, y'hear?

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Shy

Thank you Laurie,

I have no intention of going anywhere, just need to return to head quarters for a briefing and some new instructions. Operation "M" is still very much alive, agent p as joined the ranks now and needs training up. So just incase you thought slipped the net like some kind of slippery super villain, you haven't ;D

Glad you got though your 2 hour session o.k. Mine is slowly starting to settle down now, still got a large scab directly under my nose. I've gone through a whole packet of witch hazel and tea tree wipes, but today the foundation goes back on for my meal with my extended family. Must shoot now, need to spend 2hours wondering what I'm going to wear. ;)

Sadie
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Shy on May 28, 2017, 05:17:29 AM
Well it's been a wobbly week for me, so I guess I'll post the rough with the smooth.

I haven't been able to present properly for just over a week now with all the electrolysis issues I had. Still very scabby and red. It really has effected my mojo and plans for this weekend.

Had my blood tests done for the very painful cramping issues I've been getting, so will find out next week if it's anything sinister or not.

Off to meet some of the extended family tomorrow for a meal, so looking forward to that. They all know I'm trans now so it will be interesting to see how the response to me in person.

I'm going to take some time next week to regroup and ground myself again. Will probably visit the gender clinic next month to talk things over with one of the volunteers. It's about the only support I have right now, apart from you wonderful folk, still got at least a year for my official slot to come up. I don't mind though, the NHS is under so much pressure just now with one thing or another.

I've been looking up some pottery classes for my RLE. I'd like to see how Sadie gets on mixing with a group outside of the trans world. Who knows I might make some new friends.
I'm also putting the feelers out for some volunteer or charity work. Just not sure where my skill set could be put to it's best use.

So that's it for now, a bit of a mixed bag really. But starting to feel a bit better now my heads stopped spinning.

Sadie

So here you two are, off over here gossiping in the corner...was that the word MAKEOVER I hear coming from the corner. Come on you two bring me up to speed I am always on for a good makeover Party just ask Laurie...I have started sending her subliminal messages.....hehehe  ::) ::) ::)

Glad you made it through your electrocution appointment...they are such fun aren't they. How did you go at the family thing? good time had by all? I really don't understand why more people don't do it... sharp objects being stuck into your face and then flash heated enough to essentially turn a perfectly good hair follicle into a slurry of nutrients we call lye...ahh the fun of it all. 

How are you feeling ...the cramping and stuff all stopped and feeling better?

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on May 29, 2017, 05:25:28 AM
Thank you Laurie,

I have no intention of going anywhere, just need to return to head quarters for a briefing and some new instructions. Operation "M" is still very much alive, agent p as joined the ranks now and needs training up. So just incase you thought slipped the net like some kind of slippery super villain, you haven't ;D

Glad you got though your 2 hour session o.k. Mine is slowly starting to settle down now, still got a large scab directly under my nose. I've gone through a whole packet of witch hazel and tea tree wipes, but today the foundation goes back on for my meal with my extended family. Must shoot now, need to spend 2hours wondering what I'm going to wear. ;)

Sadie

Morning Sadie,

*sigh* I guess you need a reminder of your own words to explain my comments....

"I'm going to take some time next week to regroup and ground myself again. "
  "I've been looking up some pottery classes for my RLE. I'd like to see how Sadie gets on mixing with a group outside of the trans world."
  "I'm also putting the feelers out for some volunteer or charity work."

That certainly sounds like you will be spending more time elsewhere to me.  That's why I said I hope you will keep us informed of what your up to and how it's going. I am hopeful you won't forget about us here in the virtual world.

Are you sure 2 hours is enough? I hope all goes well with your family.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Shy

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 29, 2017, 05:39:18 AM
So here you two are, off over here gossiping in the corner...was that the word MAKEOVER I hear coming from the corner. Come on you two bring me up to speed I am always on for a good makeover Party just ask Laurie...I have started sending her subliminal messages.....hehehe  ::) ::) ::)

Glad you made it through your electrocution appointment...they are such fun aren't they. How did you go at the family thing? good time had by all? I really don't understand why more people don't do it... sharp objects being stuck into your face and then flash heated enough to essentially turn a perfectly good hair follicle into a slurry of nutrients we call lye...ahh the fun of it all. 

How are you feeling ...the cramping and stuff all stopped and feeling better?

Hi Liz,

Yes, it's just the place I dump my weekly progress. Should have started another thread with a more appropriate title really. But anywho nice to here from you :)

Laurie's been keeping me company in her own welcoming way, as long a I don't mention the "M" word that is, which tends to send her into a tizzy ;D

The meal went well :) It was a family gathering so I didn't really push the trans thing. Dressed in some leggings, a nice top with Doves on it, sandals and a little shell neckless. Just enough makeup to feminise my features a little, obvious, but not too heavy.
My nice asked my how I'd like to be addressed which was nice. Uncle just didn't seem appropriate to her anymore.

I get the results to my blood tests later this week. I've had no muscle spasms for the past few days :) I pretty much end up contorted into all sorts of painful positions on my entire right side, not nice at all. Living on my own it can be a bit scary but I'm sort of getting used to it now.

Hope you're feeling better after your trip, seemed like quite an adventure. Good luck with the lye harvest. I wonder if we can bottle it and sell it on eBay or to medical science ;D

Sadie

Hope you are feeling better after your
  •  

Shy

Quote from: Laurie on May 29, 2017, 09:37:12 AM
Morning Sadie,

*sigh* I guess you need a reminder of your own words to explain my comments....

"I'm going to take some time next week to regroup and ground myself again. "
  "I've been looking up some pottery classes for my RLE. I'd like to see how Sadie gets on mixing with a group outside of the trans world."
  "I'm also putting the feelers out for some volunteer or charity work."

That certainly sounds like you will be spending more time elsewhere to me.  That's why I said I hope you will keep us informed of what your up to and how it's going. I am hopeful you won't forget about us here in the virtual world.

Are you sure 2 hours is enough? I hope all goes well with your family.

Hugs,
   Laurie

Nope you don't get rid of me that easily Laurie. I can do all this stuff and still find time to work on "Project Laurie MAKEOVER";D I'm really good at multitasking 8)

Like the new avatar, very natural and relaxed. Seriously girl you're looking great!

Meal was good. Seared tuna, grilled halloumi, roasted sweet potatoes and a mozzarella and pea shoot salad. Yum. For pud ginger ice cream between wafers and dipped in chocolate and nuts. Double yum.

Sadie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on May 29, 2017, 05:04:53 PM
Nope you don't get rid of me that easily Laurie. I can do all this stuff and still find time to work on "Project Laurie MAKEOVER";D I'm really good at multitasking 8)

Like the new avatar, very natural and relaxed. Seriously girl you're looking great!

Meal was good. Seared tuna, grilled halloumi, roasted sweet potatoes and a mozzarella and pea shoot salad. Yum. For pud ginger ice cream between wafers and dipped in chocolate and nuts. Double yum.

Sadie

Hi Sadie,

Well Dagnabbit you can't blame a girl from trying. It sounded really hopeful. But I guess it was just more wishful thinking. Here I thought you were finally break the chains and get on with life. (muttering under the breath, "and give me a break")

Thank you for the compliment. amazing what a bit of makeup and a nice looking top can do for an old crone, isn't it? lol Actually I liked the look except for the brows. My brows need professional help. (or a stencil)

Did you see what that sneaky Liz did? Huh? Huh? Subliminal messages my eyeball. It was just those hurtful naughty words over and over again. I had to zoom the browser to read all that tiny print!  I mean the nerve of the woman! The Nerve! And Cindy pops in everyso often with her cajoling. And Moni, yeah well we all kow about the moody Moni, here lately you could almost think she was cis and having her ummm . yeah well you know what I was getting at. And then there is YOU!  You and your silly campaign . Project something or other and you've even corrupt sweet innocent p. You should be ashamed of yourself for getting her involved in such a diabolical scheme. At least Davina isn't actively participating in your nonsense. Before you know it I'll be seeing my new coach Georgette jumping on that runaway train of yours. You all best be careful there's a sharp curve coming up and there just could be a train wreck ahead ....

Glad your dinner went well with family and your niece was polite and did the right thing for you. I hope you gave her a big hug. The victuals sounded good. I had to look up what halloumi was. You don't hear much of grilled cheese here in the USA it just isn't done much. I like to fry cheddar for my egg & muffin breakfasts. I had never heard of it until I went to a hamburger stand in England and saw the cook doing it. It's pretty good to do and gives the cheese a whole different taste. So I would probably like grilled halloumi.

Okay I'm done. You can go back to sleep now.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

LizK

Quote from: Shy on May 29, 2017, 04:48:16 PM

...............Hope you're feeling better after your trip, seemed like quite an adventure.................

Sadie

Hope you are feeling better after your

The has been a deep fundamental change in me and the way I view the world and myself in it. Even after all these months I would still experience a certain amount of fear as I went out the door which ruled me until I returned some time later. That fear and apprehension seems to have disappeared for the time being. The reunion was almost like a "flooding" experience...My dysphoria has settled again to its usual background annoyance level that I can mange most days.

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Annecy

As far as "SalonHunting" goes ...
At the beginning of this year (2017)
I started perusing & replying to CL-adverts for "Hair Model Needed" ...

Not only have I had a free Trimming/Styling & free "BlowOuts" ...
I've been becoming personally familiar with some of the various local HairSalons ...
& local individual up&coming beauticians ...

(I don't yet have any "selfies" of my recent free Trimming/Styling ...)
  •  

Shy

Quote from: Laurie on May 29, 2017, 06:12:18 PM
Hi Sadie,

Well Dagnabbit you can't blame a girl from trying. It sounded really hopeful. But I guess it was just more wishful thinking. Here I thought you were finally break the chains and get on with life. (muttering under the breath, "and give me a break")

Thank you for the compliment. amazing what a bit of makeup and a nice looking top can do for an old crone, isn't it? lol Actually I liked the look except for the brows. My brows need professional help. (or a stencil)

Did you see what that sneaky Liz did? Huh? Huh? Subliminal messages my eyeball. It was just those hurtful naughty words over and over again. I had to zoom the browser to read all that tiny print!  I mean the nerve of the woman! The Nerve! And Cindy pops in everyso often with her cajoling. And Moni, yeah well we all kow about the moody Moni, here lately you could almost think she was cis and having her ummm . yeah well you know what I was getting at. And then there is YOU!  You and your silly campaign . Project something or other and you've even corrupt sweet innocent p. You should be ashamed of yourself for getting her involved in such a diabolical scheme. At least Davina isn't actively participating in your nonsense. Before you know it I'll be seeing my new coach Georgette jumping on that runaway train of yours. You all best be careful there's a sharp curve coming up and there just could be a train wreck ahead ....

Hugs,
   Laurie

Hi Laurie,

With all the talk of train wrecks, sharp bends and corruption I decided to take the bus instead ;D

Sadie

•