Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Salon hunting

Started by Shy, May 03, 2017, 12:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Hi Sadie! Coding does well to take my mind off of things. One other thing I do is learning to play new instrument. I've played guitar for years but never had the chance to learn piano until now. The only drawback is I'm not always in the mood.

After retiring, with all the extra time on my hands, the only thing that helped stop my gender dysphoria was to begin my transitioning.

Stay positive Sadie!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

davina61

Understand as stuck in limbo waiting for GIC to send appointment, should be Feb / March time but who knows?? Was thinking of drumming lessons but as you may have seen wrist is damaged so will try and put my energy into voice training. Every day normal for Sadie, now that's what its all about. Hugs and XXXXXs
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Shy

Quote from: Donica on December 01, 2018, 10:01:32 AM
Hi Sadie! Coding does well to take my mind off of things. One other thing I do is learning to play new instrument. I've played guitar for years but never had the chance to learn piano until now. The only drawback is I'm not always in the mood.

After retiring, with all the extra time on my hands, the only thing that helped stop my gender dysphoria was to begin my transitioning.

Stay positive Sadie!
Donica.

Yes, I used to play guitar a lot, I had an old steel dobro and played old blues and a little ragtime.

A full transition is my wish but I live in the U.K. and getting any help can take years. I live full time though but that doesn't really help with the dysphoria that much. A lot of mine is physical.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Shy

Quote from: davina61 on December 02, 2018, 07:31:15 AM
Understand as stuck in limbo waiting for GIC to send appointment, should be Feb / March time but who knows?? Was thinking of drumming lessons but as you may have seen wrist is damaged so will try and put my energy into voice training. Every day normal for Sadie, now that's what its all about. Hugs and XXXXXs

Hi Davina :)

I haven't really been keeping up with folks threads, everybody seems to be moving forward and I'm stuck in a holding pattern, so I've just tried to distance myself from all things transition. Sorry to hear about your wrist.

When I phoned my GC last month they had just started to see people from May 2016. It said a 16month wait on my acceptance letter meaning I should have been seen in October. I think I can safely double the wait now. Like you said 'who knows?' It is what it is, I'm sure they are doing their best.

Sadie
  •  

Shy

Mum had her cast off today, so that little episode is over. They just need to find out why she keeps falling now, hopefully it's nothing too serious.

I finished the website I was building this morning. Just need to do some browser testing and prefixes but from knowing nothing about web design to learning two markup languages and some java script. I've also learned a lot about accessibility concerns for the disabled, best practice and making everything mobile friendly.
I used a style called BEM to keep everything modular and interchangeable. Phew, it's been quite an experience, I hope they like my efforts and there aren't too many bugs to work out when it goes live.

I also had quite a well know electronic music artist comment favourably on one of my noodlings which gave me a bit of a boost.

So lots of pluses this week, sadly it isn't making much of a dent in my dysphoria which kind of takes the edge of things a little, i don't think i'll ever get used to it.

Sadie

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Shy 
Dear Sadie:
It has been most enjoyable meeting you on the Forums. 
I have very much enjoyed swapping comments and thoughts with you.
Obviously there are some bumps in the road that all of us experience so we continue to hang on for an exciting ride.

I have so much enjoyed your updates as you continue on in your journey.
Thank you for feeling free to share your life events with all of us.   

I am so very happy that I found you and your thread on the Forums this last year and I will be eagerly following your upcoming reports and updates in the New Year in 2019.

Wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR   in 2019...

Hugs and as always, well wishes.

Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Shy

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 31, 2018, 04:40:29 PM
@Shy 
Dear Sadie:
It has been most enjoyable meeting you on the Forums. 
I have very much enjoyed swapping comments and thoughts with you.
Obviously there are some bumps in the road that all of us experience so we continue to hang on for an exciting ride.

I have so much enjoyed your updates as you continue on in your journey.
Thank you for feeling free to share your life events with all of us.   

I am so very happy that I found you and your thread on the Forums this last year and I will be eagerly following your upcoming reports and updates in the New Year in 2019.

Wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR   in 2019...

Hugs and as always, well wishes.

Thank you for the wishes Danielle :) I also wish you a prosperous and happy new year!

Sadie
  •  

davina61

Happy new year to you , may you get all your wishes come true.XXXX
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Shy

Thank you Davina :) Happy new year to you too, I wish you peace, happiness and health.

Sadie
  •  

Shy

Hi people :), for those that are interested I've been in touch with my assigned GC again and the waiting times have just imploded. in fact the list of appointments haven't moved at all for many months.

Unless the system changes it's going to be years before I get my first appointment. They are now quoting 29months but it's easy to do the math to know that is just a false hope.
When, or if I get my first appointment it will then be another 26 month wait to see a doctor to get access to any kind of treatment.

I don't know what to say really, I could get angry but really I'm just sad. This doesn't only effect me and many others, it effects my family too.

I have been a little pro active and contacted the NHS about my concearns who responded with plans in the making but nothing that filled me with any confidence. No time frames or calls to action, just one department waiting to hear from another department before they can do anything. But at least I had my say, politely and with dignity, It was important for me not to be invisible.

Anyway I'm o.k. I think it's the last I'll say on the matter because it's not edifying or positive for people to read. I know I have support from everyone, I'm not alone and that's enough for me. I feel a makeover coming on so off "Salon Hunting" That I can do ;D

Sadie
  •  

davina61

Good to see you are OK. I should have my first appointment in March but not holding my breath!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: Shy on January 15, 2019, 04:42:13 AM
Hi people :), for those that are interested I've been in touch with my assigned GC again and the waiting times have just imploded. in fact the list of appointments haven't moved at all for many months.

Unless the system changes it's going to be years before I get my first appointment. They are now quoting 29months but it's easy to do the math to know that is just a false hope.
When, or if I get my first appointment it will then be another 26 month wait to see a doctor to get access to any kind of treatment.

I don't know what to say really, I could get angry but really I'm just sad. This doesn't only effect me and many others, it effects my family too.

I have been a little pro active and contacted the NHS about my concearns who responded with plans in the making but nothing that filled me with any confidence. No time frames or calls to action, just one department waiting to hear from another department before they can do anything. But at least I had my say, politely and with dignity, It was important for me not to be invisible.

Anyway I'm o.k. I think it's the last I'll say on the matter because it's not edifying or positive for people to read. I know I have support from everyone, I'm not alone and that's enough for me. I feel a makeover coming on so off "Salon Hunting" That I can do ;D

Sadie

Hi Sadie

Wow what a wait over 2 years and I thought our wait times were bad. Is there is any way for you to circumvent the long waiting list? I know for most of us it really is a matter of "hurry up and wait" I hope you are well.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Shy

Quote from: LizK on January 15, 2019, 06:44:48 PM

Hi Sadie

Wow what a wait over 2 years and I thought our wait times were bad. Is there is any way for you to circumvent the long waiting list? I know for most of us it really is a matter of "hurry up and wait" I hope you are well.

Take care

Liz

To be honest I've stopped counting the days now Liz. I've always treasured our NHS but something's not right. I hope they fix it soon but it's unhealthy for me to start thinking that way so I'm just going to forget about it and get on with my life.

I'm full time already. I've done all of the challenging stuff and answered many of the difficult questions. I'm starting to build a relationship with my parents for the first time in my life. I'm doing charity work and looking after my health. I'm going to focus my energies on what is good and wholesome in my life not on the things that are out of my control.

Feeling a lot better today, I have been in a dark place for sure, but nothing lasts forever and I've been in worse places. I just took my eye off the ball and let things get on top of me. Anyway Spring is on it's way and that always recharges my batteries with the promise of new beginnings :D. Nobody could say our lives are dull and uninteresting ;D

Hope you are well Liz, I will catch up soon when I'm a little more bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Sadie
  •  

Shy

I've been trying to get on top of things the past few days. I feel a little better, a quiet resignation kind of better.

I don't want special treatment, just equal treatment. Part of me is thinking I chose the wrong time to come out, not that it was a choice at that stage. It's a strange journey, maybe it will be the making of me in more ways than one,  who knows.

I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday, I'll inform him of the situation with the GC. He's a good man, but his hands are tied to the extent that he can help me. It must be really hard for him too, our health system is under so much pressure.

I've got some more charity work to do over the weekend so I'm going to be busy, which is good, albeit a little challenging as my brain is a little frazzled just now. Being trapped in a body that is trapped inside a health system isn't the place I'd expected to be in two years after my referral.

Anyway, enough moaning, I know it's selfish but I don't really have any other outlet. I do apologise, I'm just decompressing so I thank you all for your patience and wisdom.

Sadie
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Shy
Dear Sadie:
It is never the wrong time to transition and come-out....  rather I think "It's about time we finally transition!!" ... and so very many of us have the thought of "Why didn't we do this sooner?" 

So many of us, me included,  procrastinated for so many reasons, some very good reasons like relationships, friendships, employment considerations, and last but not least, the financial impact of transitioning.

For sure, our transition and coming-out journeys are indeed, as you stated, "strange journeys" but it is our journey to enjoy the successes and the happy times.... and to endure the frustrations and the disappointments.

I am glad that you are getting your mind off of some of the above issues by volunteering for some charity work... kudos to you.

Hey girl, no apology needed... please don't worry about being here and moaning about your disclosed issues that you are dealing with at the moment.  The Forums here, along with the many like-minded members that read and follow your thread are here to lend our ear to listen and our shoulder to lean on when you are facing life's difficulties.   When your news is good, we will always be here to rejoice with you.  I believe it is very good personal therapy to write out what one is going though and being able to ponder these things either by yourself or as you feel so led, with others.

Thank you for your update report on your thread.
I am always eager to read about your life endeavors as you feel free to share them with us.

Hugs and as always, well wishes...
...and as I heard you say many times... "Peace and love and all that good stuff."
Danielle

•  

Shy

Thanks for everyone for supporting me over the past few years, but for many reasons I've decided to leave the forum.

This is isn't an easy decision but I don't seem to be able to find the right words anymore. Asberger's doesn't help, it's very hard for me to navigate the unpredictability of social media.

Anyway it was an honer to meet you all, a very special moment in my life that I'll always treasure.

Thank you for reaching out and supporting me. Thanks to Susan and the team for bringing people together. It's a wonderful vision and the only support available for me.

I hope I added something to the conversation and wasn't too much of a pain. Take care people.

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

Sadie, this is sad news for me. I will miss you as I am sure many here will. I have and will continue to look for your posts here. I do hope you will return. Whatever you do Sadie, do it well and live life well too.

Love and Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Quote from: Shy on January 18, 2019, 04:28:44 PM
Thanks for everyone for supporting me over the past few years, but for many reasons I've decided to leave the forum.

This is isn't an easy decision but I don't seem to be able to find the right words anymore. Asberger's doesn't help, it's very hard for me to navigate the unpredictability of social media.

Anyway it was an honer to meet you all, a very special moment in my life that I'll always treasure.

Thank you for reaching out and supporting me. Thanks to Susan and the team for bringing people together. It's a wonderful vision and the only support available for me.

I hope I added something to the conversation and wasn't too much of a pain. Take care people.

Sadie

Thanks @Sadie

I have really enjoyed our numerous interactions and have valued your input. I hope you find the peace you are looking for and I for one, will be sad to see you go.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

You take good care of yourself  and live life to the full. If we ever meet theres a BIG hug waiting for you. peace and love to you XXXXXX
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

SNIPPED:
Quote from: Shy on January 18, 2019, 04:28:44 PM
  -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -
         -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -
Sadie
@Shy
My dear Sadie:
What? ???  I am so very saddened to read your last posting...

Over the time I have been here on the Forums I have so very much enjoyed reading your posts and updates...
... and of course when I finish reading each of your various posts I am always looking to read your standard complimentary closing ... "Peace and love and all that good stuff"

Just saying !!!

Hugs and well wishes to you,
Danielle

•