Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Just off the phone with Andrea

Started by Peggiann, February 02, 2006, 11:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggiann

HI Everyone,

Leah and I just got off the phone with Andrea. She sounds pretty good for the most part. There was a time that her voice filled with sadness and one could hear it filled with tears as she said, " Oh Peggiann, I just love her so much." 

Terri-Gene's boss and co-workers have been very helpful, They have helped Andrea get the papers filled out and filed for disability and insurance needs all.

Terri-Gene's immediate co-work in the same office area was the one that found Terri-Gene slumped at her desk. She is really having a hard time of it and misses Terri-Gene terribly. I told Andrea we could relate to the missing her as so many here at Susan's Place looked to Terri-Gene for guidance and her straight forwardness.

Terri-Gene is back out of ICU and they will be making arrangements for moving her to an Extended Care Facility for further recovery before they can even consider moving her to the Rehabilitation Center. She is being fed through a feeding tube because when she had another stroke and more bleeding after last Saturday she cannot swallow now. This was not the case before they moved her out of ICU the first time. Terri-Gene had been eating and able to swallow.

Today Terri-Gene responded to Andrea's "I love you Terri", with a tear running from the corner of her eye. Again Andrea's voice filled with tears and there was a pause on the phone.

I pick up the conversation, questioning of how are the children doing. She said she took her laundry over for her daughter to do and said, "She's such a good kid I just love her". Andrea usually takes care of the grandchildren while her daughter works.

As for the questions from all of us to Terri-Gene, Andrea says that she thinks it would be great for us to have a separate forum of questions for her. Then I will go in and copy them all and email them for her to take in and have Terri-Gene answer what ever she is able to comment on. She'll post them back in as she can. With that in mind please look for a post in General Discussion topic... "Questions to Terri-Gene." I have also gone back in and copied any topics Terri-Gene had been posting back and forth with some of us and any replies that needed her response. That way she could see the out come.

We had a few laughs as strange as that may sound given the situation. Leah helped in that department sharing some stories that made the conversation a bit light-hearted and fun. Andrea says thanks to all of you for the Posts and those that have sent cards she'll be taking them in to Terri-Gene's room and sharing them with her. She says she really needs to know she is loved and not forgotten. She feel's strongly the question/ email exchange will take care of that.

Smiles,
Peggiann
  •