Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What is the best way to ask someone in a bar if they are pre or post op?

Started by dearlybeloved, May 27, 2017, 01:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natalie.ashlyne

I don't think that is appropriate to ask people don't go around asking how big a guys d*ck is or how tight is a girl v*gnina is. So I would not ask or give a response
  •  

itsApril

So the conversation goes:

"Hi, what's your name?"

"Do you come here often?"

"Where do you work?"

"Okay, so tell me abut your genitals . . ."

Nope.  I don't think it's gonna work!
-April
  •  

sophie89

Quote from: Kendra on May 27, 2017, 01:41:12 PM
Someone did ask me that question unprompted and I didn't answer - I respond by asking if they are circumcised.  They seemed startled and changed the subject.
Oh kendra : i thought i was the only one who thought about this one! Thank you!
  •  

Kendra

Easy to do - if someone asks an inappropriate question, toss it back.   :-)
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Georgette

To me it matters in what kind of club or bar.

I never initiate such questions with men, as that is not relevant.

If someone (a man) asked that in a non-LGBT bar/club, I would tell them to go away.
With women, so not likely to happen and I would never ask because to me it doesn't matter what they have.
If they are Trans, I would only smile and see if they even want to talk.

In an LGBT club/bar, Men don't directly ask as they assume you maybe Pre, But I save them the time and trouble and explain that I may not have what they want.  If that is too confusing I just tell them to go away.
If they are cool with that we then can get down to more serious questions.

Again with women and don't assume they are Trans, so I don't ask as it doesn't matter what they have.
If they are a CD, don't really need to ask.
If they are Trans, don't ask as it doesn't matter to me.
AMAB - NOV 13 1950
HRT - Start 1975 / End 1985
Moved in with SO ( Also a MtF ) - 1976 / She didn't believe in same sex marriage
Name Change - NOV 30 1976
FT - Formal letter from work - APR 12 1977
SRS - SEP 13 1977
SO died - OCT 03 2014  38 years not a bad run

•  

Kendra

Well, maybe the type or name of establishment does set a context but I would still be offended in most (but not all) circumstances.

Traveling through Ohio I saw a bar called The Winking Lizard.  Really.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

KageNiko

Everyone here is saying "you don't" but honestly, I've been wanting a way to talk to someone else who is trans.  I've worked with a few people where I thought they could be trans, but I never said anything because I "didn't want to offend" them.  I often think back about how much better our relationship would have been if we both knew we were trans, but since it's such a sensitive area, there's no easy way to make it work.

The easiest way would be to simply say, "Hey, I'm trans." and then maybe they would share their experience as well, but that puts you in a bad situation if they are not trans after all.
~Ashley
Hey all, I've created a new account because my life has begun anew.  This is to protect my identity.  Thanks for your understanding!
  •  

HoneyStrums

By Asking the Question, "Can I Ask personal question?" first. I think is best.
This way is like asking for permission or as close as you can get. And if you say no, then the next is not asked. If you say Yes they will ask, and it is mostly this question that follows. If your interested respond with which would you prefer, then your in luck, or sorry to disappoint.

And if your not interested, that's none of your business, usually drops the hint.
  •