Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Applying for Health Insurance

Started by ninjachix0r, November 27, 2007, 06:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjachix0r

I am currently applying for an individual health insurance policy as my current coverage will end next April.  I am a pre-op TS who has been on hormone therapy for a couple years now and have already had my name legaly changed and all of that good stuff.

My concern is with two questions and how to word my response so as not to get red-flagged or whatnot.  The first is "Has any person applying for this policy received treatment within the past 10 years for any disease or disorder of the heart, lung, ....or genitourinary systems; ....; or a psychological condition?"

The second is "Is any person applying currently taking, or have taken, any herbal or prescription medication?  If 'Yes' please provide name, date, and details."

I would appreciate advice from anyone who has had experience doing the same or who is familiar with the industry.

One point of clarification is that I am not seeking to have my surgery paid for by insurance, I just want to avoid being rejected outright.

(and yes, in addition to this post I am putting in calls to some local resources, though those I have called already have not had anything to offer)
  •