Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

At the moment its okay as it gets. Rush on this morning as have hospital appointment for 10am.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

davina61

Took me 15mins to get from A38 Ketch island to Whittington island , looks like backed up to the M5 junction. Good job I left early, still took over 1/2 hr to be seen past my appointment time. Must have taken him 3 mins to say we will need to get a scan first before we decide what to do. At least he said we can do a consult over the phone to save having to come in to the hospital, have to wait for a letter now for a scan.
 Robbing <not allowed> , cost me £4.40 to park for an hour. Out sourced parking control so non of it goes to the NHS. Managed to get to the supermarket just before mum and aunty, said to aunty I hope she doesn't do my head in when we are away as she doesn't listen to what you say and she agreed!
 Have an annoying itchy patch on the side of my right boob, small lumpy spots to go with it. Hope its not shingles as have had a few patches like this from time to time and they take ages to clear, lots of antiseptic cream to take the sting away.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Honey I'm home, that was a good weekend break and we missed the rain with just the one shower as we walked back to the coach on Sunday. Food at the hotel was brill with good choice and service, room was fine as well. Now I need a day to recover, do clothes wash and have a good flat tidy as have a flat inspection on Thursday. Bought a nice dress and a short dress/top to wear with leggings, also some socks from the same shop that are men's but the lady on the counter said as the ladies socks only went to size7 a lot of women buy the men's . They are androgynous with stripes or pics of seascapes . Wore the new dress last night for dinner and got told it looked lovely by several folks off the coach, there were a few folks we knew from previous trips that are localish to us and we swooped phone numbers to see if we get on the same trips again.
 Best bit was getting gendered correctly everywhere!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Well as "good" as the hotel bed was it's great to get a good nights sleep in your own pit! Foggy this morning, going to wander up town as prescription is in and I need a nail brush.
 Didn't put any weight on over the hols despite all the good food, my left leg is a bit weak after sitting all day on the coach coming home so walk to the shop will (hopefully) do it good. Time to sort a load of washing out, new dresses need that new/shop smell removing as well as underwear and strappy tops. Still have that itchy/spotty patch on my right boob, running out of antiseptic cream (Savlon) as that calms it down enough so on my list from the chemist.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Feezing frog again! Going down the workshop as I need to pay the rent, mum phoned me last evening to say she had been out all day with aunt and uncle and had bought a box of fat balls to feed the birds as it was on offer. 150 in a box and its too heavy for her to get out the car so a job for Miss muscles.
 Bought a heart shaped sign for Debs with "you are loved" on it from a craft fair at the weekend so will drop that in later. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Flat is not as clean as I wanted, had to climb the stairs one at a time as my left knee was hurting and my back didn't want to go straight after doing a spot of welding bent over. Its all eased off now but to late now and no time in the morning, never mind.
 Called in on Deb (after telling her I would) but she was out , mutter mutter mutter-----
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Flat visit worked out fine, I had just changed and put makeup on when she turned up. Got attacked in the supermarket, grabbed around the waist from behind. Only one person I know, yup it was Deb !
 Spent to much in the supermarket as they had some Gee, Indian char/ginger tea and some more store cupboard items. Also got some carrot, radish and cant remember what else seeds as well as some weed killer to get rid of the Borage in the veg patch. Soon be time to plant the strawberry and rhubarb out as they have been in pots all winter.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Stiff today, went back to sleep (yet again) so was a bit late going down the workshop. Did a bit (rubbed down some filler) and then decided to fit the wiring and bulb holder to Russel the robot lamp. Wired it all up and plugged it in, BANG flash in the lamp and trip blew. Took the bulb holder back out and checked the wiring with a meter, no fault so tried it again and trip went. Turned out its a faulty new LED bulb, good job I had another to test it with.
 Called on Deb again and she was out so I posted her gift through the letter box in her door.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Emma1017

Davina sounds like it's a bubble bath and a glass of wine time!!!

•  

davina61

Well it would be if I had a bath and some wine!!! I do miss having a bath to have a good soak in.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Back playing up again, I took a good 20mins to get upright. Its muscular not joints, woke up very late so that was 10hrs scrunched up in bed so no wonder I was stuck. Anyway have a Keema plate pie to make along with Gobi Aloo for dinner, that is Indian mince pie and cauliflower and potato dry curry if you don't know. When the pills kick in I need to change the bed and wash the bedding anyway.
 Its grey and windy outside, roll on spring. Need a few dry days to get on Debs veg patch, I bought some weed killer to try and get rid of the Borage but Debs threw a fit. You will kill everything in the garden and stop stuff growing and poison everything , no arguing with her even though she is wrong. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Emma1017

Davina I wish I could send you the wine and a heating pad.  I would also try and fit the masseuse in the box if I could. ;D

Feel better.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

davina61

Thanks dear, the paracetamol  works fine but takes an hour to kick in then I can move okay. Keema pie turned out fine, it will last me 3 more days.
 Debs rang and thanked me for her gift, she loved it.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Almost a waste of a day, woke fine but eating my breakfast came over with a big dose of CBA. Rang mum to wish her happy mothers day (UK) and she said the flowers I got her on Thursday were looking great. She went to my sisters for dinner at a pub on Friday and stayed over and had a lovely time.
 Washed all the kitchen units down and the floor, did bacon and eggs for lunch as well as a bit of tidy up. Twiddling my thumbs now looking for stuff to do--------------
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Blast just as my back was getting better I had a spasm bending to look what was in my drawer freezer, took me a while for the pain to go and stand upright again. Feels like I got hit with a bat across the top of my hips, this is an old injurie coming back to haunt me as it has done over the years and I know it will take ages to clear. Just have to be careful not to provoke it, worst bit is its stopping me burning calories.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Need to shift this CBA head, back a bit better but still took pills this morning (I do not like taking meds) . Its wet again clearing later, I do need to shift some stuff from my flat to the junk hole (lock up garage in the carpark) to join the other rubbish with no home.
 Sunday I was watching a tree monkey (surgeon) cutting down a 30ft fir tree in next doors garden, good view from my living room window. He cut the branches off climbing up the trunk with spiked boots and a strop, he did have a safety rope working through an abseil hitch so all proper. S*d that for a game of soldiers I though as I watched him cut the trunk down 4ft at a time with a chainsaw on his belt swinging around. Fair goes though as he did a safe and quick job.

GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Gina P

Sorry to hear about your back spasms. I haven't had one in a while but when they hit I fall to the floor in agony for a few minutes before even able to get up. I feel your pain. I now do a series of stretching every morning which helps and try to not lift stupid heavy things. When I built my home I put in a whirlpool tub just for this. Of course there is the heating pad and an old prescription of muscle relaxers just in case. 
I hope your back gets well.
Hugs Gina
  •  

davina61

Cheers me dear, it has got better. Managed to take a load of rubbish and some stuff to go in the garage down the stairs okay and fine walking back up. Have been doing standing on tip toe exercises, tightens the calf's up. While doing this holding on the counter top I also arch my back, between these 2 it seems to be working.
 Made some air fryer cheese scones, nice but must remember (said this last time) to leave out the dried parsley.
 Rain has cleared and its brightened up, need to go to the workshop tomorrow and pick up that faulty bulb to get it replaced.   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Maid Marion

Sorry to hear of the back pain.  I guess that is one of the benefits of being short is that back pain mostly affects my taller friends.  Plus I learned how to lift stuff with my legs instead of my back at a very early age.  As well as waiting for bigger people to help me move stuff!

I have a pole saw I use to trim trees.  I've taking down trees as high as 20ft from the top down!
I have an understory surrounding my back yard that tends to fill will small saplings and vines.
  •  

davina61

I think, well know my back problem comes from working under bonnet (hood) of cars for years giving me a bad posture as that is the position where it gives out. I had it spasm once going to pick a box up from a shop counter from just holding my arms out and leaning forward slightly.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•