Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Paper Mache Deadpool Bust!

Started by eyesk8rboi, July 09, 2017, 09:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyesk8rboi

I really just want to share this as it is worked on and completed....Sooooooo.....Yeah!

My mom is a huge Deadpool fan and her birthday is coming up. I don't really have a lot of money to spend on a gift, and she wouldn't want me to spend money on her anyway, so I figured I'd make her something.

So I started by taking an old wig head that I never use anymore (my cousin drew on it) and a plastic hanger. I snapped the curve off the hanger and stuck it into the hole that allows for a base to be placed inside and then secured it with duct tape.

Then I made the shape of the bust out of acrylic "For Sale" signs that I had left over some some cosplays I'd been working on. I used hot clue and duct tape to get everything held together how I wanted.

Once I got everything in place I stuffed it, for some stability, with polyester stuffing. I closed off all of the opening with more duct tape to close it all up. I decided to use an old pair of sunglasses (taped to the wig head) to get that cowl look under the finished product.

The first coat of paper and paste was applied and now I'm waiting for it to dry over night so I can add more to it!!!
I've never done paper mache or anything like this before, and I usually suck at making props and creating things....So I'm really excited this is turning out so well, this far.

Steven Lee | 24 | Dog Dad | Beginner Figure Skater | Aspiring Writer

:icon_arrow:Started counseling on June 11th, 2017
:icon_arrow:Received HRT Letter on July 2nd, 2017
:icon_arrow:HRT Consultation with Doctor on July 16th, 2017

•