Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

TRANSITIONG MTF STARTING 24-25 WHAT TO EXPECT BODY WISE

Started by A-ALASKAGIRL, July 27, 2017, 04:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A-ALASKAGIRL

So I'm thinking about this whole transiting thing. Ill go a while and not want to and then I will go for a while and will want to. Always at some level want to. Very confused not sure if I want to go through with it. just looking to talk to some people who started around my age group to see what I should expect. I got a decent amount of muscle on me but in the end I rly need to pass. just want to talk to people about results/what to expect/and what not,
  •  

Denise

In transition, everything moves in slow motion.  So slow you'll not notice the changes.  But over time (months??) You'll have people start to call you "miss", "ma'am"... And you'll think "are they blind?" That's when you'll know.  I look at myself and see the same guy I saw 12 months ago.  I rarely get sir'd more and it pisses me off when I do.

About the muscle, that will take time to fade away.  I was not muscular at all but I definitely see and feel different.  Recovery time is 2x or longer than it used to be.

You are young (25?) I'm old (55) so your changes will probably (YMMV) be better and faster.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Alaska Girl!

Welcome to Susan's

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the age-specific part of your question, since I started at 61.  As you can see from my avatar, I look all right for three months on HRT, and my appearance in public is unremarkable.  So, at least from a distance, I pass okay.  Being considerably younger, you are likely to pass much better than me if you transition. 

Here is some information that we like to give to new members to help them navigate the site safely and effectively:

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out there may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site.  It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: A-ALASKAGIRL on July 27, 2017, 04:06:21 PM
So I'm thinking about this whole transiting thing. Ill go a while and not want to and then I will go for a while and will want to. Always at some level want to. Very confused not sure if I want to go through with it. just looking to talk to some people who started around my age group to see what I should expect. I got a decent amount of muscle on me but in the end I rly need to pass. just want to talk to people about results/what to expect/and what not,
Welcome to the site. I'm 19 but I would be happy to share anything with you you want to know. Everyone's transition is different but some of it is pretty universal.
Julia
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Lady Sarah

I may be 51, but started at 25. I can tell you that results will vary. Not everyone's metabolism is the same. If you choose to start now, you can anticipate better results than you could expect if you wait.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •