Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Experimenting with my Nails

Started by freebird, August 31, 2017, 02:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freebird

I have been teaching myself to do Gel nail manicures and I gotta tell ya it is kind of fun. I have a UV curing lamp and i have been using IBD hard gels. Not the soak off kind. I still have problems with lifting after about a week a week or so but that is my problem with the application. I have also been experimenting with different polishes and colors. Thus far I prefer Opi polish for the quality and depth of color. I have tried the cheaper polishes and they just don't seem to cut it for me. I seem to prefer deeper purples, reds and pinks or shades there of. I have also discovered a product from Orly which is a top coat that speeds up drying times. I plan to move on to Gel colors in the future but I like trying different colors and regular polish is more convenient.

*** My dislaimer - I am not affiliated with any of these products nor am I trying to sell them. I am simply passing on information.
  •  

Julia1996

I have gel nails. I really like them. I wear bright nail polish like blue, neon, etc. Those colors look good against my skin color.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

RobynTx

Haven't really tried gel yet.  My wife did go to a salon last year and liked the gel polish they used.  It lasted about two weeks for her which is very good considering her job.  Normal polish lasts less than a day with all the chemicals and stuff she uses.

•  

freebird

Julia - I can see that with your lighter skin tone. I bet they look awesome.

Robyn - You should give them a try. I have tried everything under the sun to keep my nails from splitting that is why i went with gel. They are currently clear I also like to go with french tips from time to time. They currently extend about 3/16" past the end of my finger.  This is about the max I can go due to clicking on the keyboard while typing.  ;)

-BA
  •