Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A little update

Started by Sylvia, September 29, 2017, 07:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvia

Hi everyone. since my initial panic, things have calmed down a little. We have talked and talked and TALKED. Lots of emails/texts too as he 's been away a lot too. On thing that really helped was doing a wish list. I sent him mine and was surprised at how many things he was ok about (for example, to stay part time, sometimes only wear the underwear etc). He doesn't want to use his femme name any more - says he was never comfortable with it and only used it as it was expected for therapy purposes. Doesn't want to use feminine pronouns.  He is putting gender therapy on the backburner for now too - not from my discouragement at all, his decision entirely. He is absolutely adamant that he never wants surgical transition and he likes his man parts. Always has!
However, he is still wondering about hormones, which is the stumbling block. He would like smoother skin and doesn't hide the fact that he would like some breast development. As I've said before, he has a bit of a thing about breasts - both as a sexual thing and because he'd like his own. I have said I will discuss, even though the prospect terrifies me. He says it's possible to take a dose with only minimal physical effects - he thinks they will just help his mind. He doesn't want to lose his sex drive. Of course to go down that route, he will have to go back to the therapist and do a gender clinic, so it could be some way down the road,
So, although we have a long road ahead of us, we are both a bit more relaxed. I'm happy for him to explore and express his feminine side as and when he feels he needs to. We are more in love than ever before, and having far more sex than we are used to in our advancing years! We are both much happier. He thinks my knowing has helped more than anything.
Thanks for all the help from folk on here so far. I know there are not too many SOs here, but it's also good to hear from 'husbands' too.

S
  •  

Laurie

Hi Sylvia,

I liked reading this update from you as it shows that willingness to talk things over and work at compromise. Communication is key in any relationship and I've seen the unfortunate results of not having it in my own failed marriage and in other people that I care for.  Good for you and your spouse.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis