Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Becoming Staff/Moderator?

Started by JennyBear, October 11, 2017, 03:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Susan

I generally don't have issues with staff they know they follow my direction, but with that being said for me to step in generally means something that should be happening isn't. Otherwise I try to be as hands off as possible :)
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

JennyBear

Quote from: Susan on October 12, 2017, 05:53:44 PM
I generally don't have issues with staff they know they follow my direction, but with that being said for me to step in generally means something that should be happening isn't. Otherwise I try to be as hands off as possible :)

Great management style. It was really more of a joking reference to her She's never wrong quip though.

P.S. Is it frowned upon to give you (Susan) rep points for every post you make, and then for the reason, just type "Susan said it."?   J/K

HUGS!
"Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got. I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block."
  •  

JoanneW

I've been a moderator on my own site (couple of million users but only a few hundred maximum online at any one time) for almost 10 years.

I felt really powerful for about 10 minutes and then it dawned on me that I have to sort out everyone else's rants but could seldom show my own frustrations and it became rather less glamorous (but still rewarding) rather quickly. It's not easy to keep your own opinions and emotions (and biases) from the moderating.

One rule I always stuck by (and no disrespect to the OP here - it's a totally unrelated site) was never to give moderation to anyone that asked for it. There was always a hidden reason for the request.

Just my 2 cents.
  •  

Cindy

I think we can wind this down now.

If you are interested in a staff position please send a pm or an email to the appropriate Admin.

Forum: Cindy

News: Wynternight

Chat: HelenW

Links: Devlyn Marie

Wiki: Michelle P

Games: ThaliaNyx

You can find us listed under the  "Staff List" in the top menu bar.  Just click on the name and you can send a PM or an email.

Cindy
  •