News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Monash Gender Clinic Question

Started by adw, October 17, 2017, 05:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adw

Hi everyone,

Earlier this year I got a referral to the Monash Gender Clinic, I just found out that I have my first appointment (of four) booked there for next month.

I just have a couple questions for when I finally have an appointment booked with them. What are the appointments like? I understand that you have a few appointments with them but will it be with a psychologist, psychiatrist, someone else, etc. and what is the goal of these appointments? Another question is, is there any way that I should/need to 'present' for the appointments with them? Due to a couple circumstances I can't be 'presenting' (MtF if that matters) full-time for a few more months, until I move. My final question (for now) is what is the conclusion after the initial appointments I have with them? (ie. do they refer me to other people or do I continue to see them for the foreseeable feature?)

Sorry for these silly questions, thanks for your help!
  •  

Laurie

Hi adw,

I'm Laurie and gosh I sure don't have any answers for you but someone else here may. Welcome To Susan's Place! Come on in and take a good look around.  Perhaps I can even get you to hop on over to the Introductions Thread and  create a post to tell us a little bit more about yourself so we can get to know you a little better and greet you properly.

Also I'll add some links and information below that can help you get more out of our site. Please take time to become familiar with them especially the RED one as we are always getting questions that are answered there.

Laurie
Global Moderator

[quote
Things that you should read

quote]
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. You shouldn't feel pressured with your clinic appointment. Present however you are comfortable. If your comfort in public as your birth gender, go that way. If you are comfortable as your desired gender, go that way. When you talk with a therapist, be truthful about the facts of your life and how you feel. Therapist have heard enough stories that they can spot a lie. If you don't know, say so. You may still be early in self discover and it might take a while before you have all the answers. Mostly the topic of discussion will be your history and how you feel. There isn't a set story and even bodies story is different.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Chloe2017

Hi Adw,

I have a referral there myself. I just got on the waitlist 2 weeks ago, so i know you'll go in ahead of me but i would agree with Dena in terms of presenting yourself.
I have outted myself to a few close friends and family, and most of the time I present as Male outside the house. But i really don't like my man suit, so I'm trying to build my confidence to get out there more as myself. It's not easy. But your comfort has to come first. I wish you all the best for your appointments. Drop me a line if you can. I'm a little nervous about the format and expectations for the clinic myself.
  •