Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Preventing hair loss from chemo.

Started by Julia1996, November 08, 2017, 06:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

One of my clients has breast cancer. She's 4 months into chemo and hasn't lost any hair. She uses a machine called dignicap that cools her scalp during her chemo treatments. She brought me some pamphlets about it. They roll this thing like a mini fridge next to you and it has a hose and a helmet that you wear on your head. Kind of like old 50s hairdryers with the hose and bonnet. This thing keeps your scalp really cold while you are taking your chemo. It has worked well for her. She has no hair loss or thinning.  If you or someone you know is facing chemo this could work for them. I've known a couple of clients who lost their hair from chemo. It's very traumatic and for some women the loss of their hair is as bad or even worse than the cancer.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

MaryT

That's really interesting.  I have bookmarked this thread and will spread the news when I can.  I don't know whether the device is available everywhere (or anywhere) in Britain yet, but there is no harm in patients asking.
  •  

David1987

Thank you for the information, I didn't know of the existence of such devices. I looked them up on Pubmed and there is serious research on the matter that validates a lower hair loss after chemo using Dignicap. Sadly it cannot be purchased privately, only by institutions.
  •