Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Your favorite trans themed movie?

Started by PurpleWolf, December 16, 2017, 05:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte F

It's been many years since I saw it but I seem to remember 'Just Like A Woman' with Julie Walters and Adrian Pasdar was pretty good.  It was a story of an American cross dresser falling in love with an accepting British woman

And of course, my favourite - 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' which pretty much covers the entire LGBT spectrum!  The story of a cross dresser, a drag queen and a transgender woman on a road trip across the Australian outback with Guy Pearce, Hugo Weaving and Terence Stamp.  A very light hearted film with loads of great disco/80s/camp music and amazing outfits
  •  

Laurie K

different for girls
Priscilla  Queen of the desert
boy meets girl
mrs Doubtfire
tootsie

last two may not be true trans movies.... but entertain

The ball is now rolling....I hope it doesnt run me 0ver
  •  

RobynD

Quote from: Herts_Stephanie on December 23, 2017, 06:24:39 AM
I watched and enjoyed "Boy meets Girl" recently, the story is fairly formulaic, you always know how it's going to end, but most of the charm lies with the lovely trans girl actress playing the lead

The male actor is handsome and a pretty decent actor too :)

•  

reverie2148

This is not a movie but a tv series, since it seems like all the movies has already been said.
"Transcendent" its about 4transgender women working their profession in a cabaret and addressing their daily struggles in life.
  •  

softbutchharley

The Crying Game - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crying_Game
A Soldiers Girl - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldier%27s_Girl

After reading some posts this morning, not sure if these qualify as "trans themed" ... I lost track of the current correct terminology.  I just know I related to these both as a trans woman, and will still revisit these two every now and again (yes, I do have them on DVD  lol ) .
J
Those who deny freedom to others....Do not deserve it for themselves.  Abraham Lincoln
  •  

softbutchharley

oooops !!!!! I can NOT leave out Boys Don't Cry - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_Don%27t_Cry_(film)

Sorry for the multiple posts, but it got me thinking about the subject .
J
Those who deny freedom to others....Do not deserve it for themselves.  Abraham Lincoln
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Not trans movie per se, but I like

Just One of the Girls.

Guy pretends he is a girl because some other guy bullies him as a guy, but does not bully him as a girl.  Unfortunately for him, the bully is attracted to the pretend girl.  The guy who pretends to be a girl at school and elsewhere, even cheerleading, also likes this particular girl at his high school.

Starring Corey Haim.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

noitsbecky

boy meets girl

actually used a trans actress and its a beautiful story of discovery and vulnerability
  •  

GCHR88

Quote from: noitsbecky on March 29, 2018, 09:43:50 AM
boy meets girl

actually used a trans actress and its a beautiful story of discovery and vulnerability

I cried so hard the first time  I watched that movie. Its one of my top 3 favorite movies.
  •  

vic

Romeos, definitely. It gave me hope that I too have a chance to find a love despite everything.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: big kim on December 18, 2017, 01:03:22 AM
Having enjoyed reading I Want What I Want I would like to see the film. Last time it was on TV (1980s) I tried recording it but a combination of Thai sticks, Special Brew & Old Grandad meant I incorrectly set the video recorder!

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

The Christine Jorgenson Story and I Want What I Want. 

I think I either saw the Christine Jorgenson story or read something about it somewhere.  I remember seeing the movie ads for I Want What I Want and it really hit home - never saw the movie until about 2 months ago on YouTube. 

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on March 30, 2018, 02:26:25 PM

I saw this movie a couple of years ago. I was very impressed with it considering it was made so long ago.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on March 30, 2018, 02:29:03 PM
I saw this movie a couple of years ago. I was very impressed with it considering it was made so long ago.

Yeah like before you was borned and almost me, lol.

What I read was trans were upset because they used a woman actor playing a man who becomes a woman.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cassi on March 30, 2018, 02:28:31 PM
The Christine Jorgenson Story and I Want What I Want. 

I think I either saw the Christine Jorgenson story or read something about it somewhere.  I remember seeing the movie ads for I Want What I Want and it really hit home - never saw the movie until about 2 months ago on YouTube.

I saw the Christine Jogenson story too. It was ok but I thought it was kind of a disservice to Christine Jogenson. From the pictures of her I've seen she was feminine looking and pretty. The could have found a better person to play her in the movie. The guy who played her looked like a man in a dress which is what he was. I imagine their were no trans actresses back then but even a CIS woman playing the role would have been better than that guy.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on March 30, 2018, 02:35:13 PM
I saw the Christine Jogenson story too. It was ok but I thought it was kind of a disservice to Christine Jogenson. From the pictures of her I've seen she was feminine looking and pretty. The could have found a better person to play her in the movie. The guy who played her looked like a man in a dress which is what he was. I imagine their were no trans actresses back then but even a CIS woman playing the role would have been better than that guy.

If it ain't one thang, it's another.  I'm going to take a nap and then get up and watch the second epi of Siren.  Also got the first three episodes of Badass Bitches of History.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Patty_M

Soldier's Girl.  Not light entertainment, though. The story of Calpernia Adams and Barry Winchell.  Winchell was a soldier who was brutally murdered by a homophobic and transphobic barracks mate.

Better Than Chocolate.  Really a lesbian movie but it does have a major character who is transgender. This is on my "100 Favorite Movies" list.  It has humor, drama, and romance.  What more could you want?

Another Woman.  French with English subtitles.  A trans woman leaves her family (after providing for them) and transitions in Switzerland.  When she has to visit Paris for work she cannot resist checking out her old family.  Well written and acted. 

Its not a movie but a Netflix series but Sense8 deserves to be on any list of trans-related videos.  One of the eight main characters is Nomi Marks (played by Jamie Clayton).  Nomi is a transsexual woman.  Her story is woven into the plot -but she is not the subject of the film.  Transition does come up because her mother hates Nomi and would rather see her child die than transition. 

Nomi is how a transsexual person should be shown.  She is an important member of the cast.  Watch the series.  Its worth the time.
  •  

felixtemin

Got to be ORLANDO.
Tilda Swinton is awsome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_(film)

"Same person.... different sex"

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

HappyMoni

I will second  Sense8.

I don't think this movie was mentioned but it was important in my childhood, Good Bye Charlie. Debbie Reynolds starts as a guy (a womanizer) who gets bumped off, but comes back and washes ashore as a female. His mind is in her body, but through the movie starts to enjoy being a girl. I so wanted to be her.  Makes me want to watch it again. I think Tony Curtis was in it as well.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •