Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

fav songs at the moment....

Started by Iris_from_tha_peg, February 10, 2006, 11:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iris_from_tha_peg

favourite songs at the moment

1.Blonde Redhead-"Misery is a Butterfly"
2.PJ Harvey-"The Letter"
3.The Cardigans-"Holy Love"
4.Mageta Lane-"The Constant Lover"
5.M.I.A.-"Bucky Done Gun"
6.M83-"Moon Child"
7.Peaches-"AA XXX"
8.Kelis-"Millionaire"

what songs you all into at the moment?
  •  

melissa_girl

Green Day - Wake me up when September Ends

Melissa
  •  

Alexandra

good thread!

greenday's entire CD "American Idiot" is a favorite of mine, but I'll try to keep politics out of this thread and not name a specific song!  :o

bossboosa has a song "wicked games" just now getting airplay -- nice.

death cab for cutie's "body and soul" is cool.

tear you apart's "she wanted revenge" I like, but its not for everybody!

8)
  •  

Sara

mmmmm, I have so many fav's.

Madonna - Dance, track 1 track 2 track 3 track 4 etc. Hang on they are all rolled into one.
Inxs - Switch

Dont like punk rock much or rap although my son has Eminem and a few of his I like (too much cussing)

Sara.
  •  

Kimberly

Last, the soundtrack from Age of Wonders (game).
Current, Nightwish pretty much all of it.
  •  

Chaunte

When I get where I'm going - Duet Brad Paisley & Dolly Parton

Skin - Rascal Flatts

God Bless the American Housewife - SHeDAISY

Arlington - Trace Adkins

Chaunte
  •  

Sara

Chaunte, You had to come out with Country Music, now I will have to admit I like Dixie Chicks and Gretchen Wilson but you never heard that from me ok.

Sara.
  •  

Chaunte

Sara,

All I have on my truck radio are country stations.  Not bad for a northern girl!  :D

Try Carolyn Dawn Johnson (Another Canadian) and JoDee Messina.

Chaunte
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Ahhhhh Chaunte, a girl after my own heart.

My current fav is - When I get where I'm going - Duet Brad Paisley & Dolly Parton :)

Can't beat Country.

It's funny in the U.S. it's called Country and Western, but in Canada it's Country.

Steph
  •  

Cassandra

It's called Country and Western in the US because it is a combination of two distinctive styles within the same genres. The country in C&W is more of an eastern style with songs about coal mining, lost loves, cheating wifes, cheating husbands etc while the W has more a western flavor that favors songs about gunslingers cow pokes and such Yipee Ky Yipeee ay. If you listen to the songs of someone like Lorretta Lynne and compared them to one of the popular western singers you would here the distinctive sound both in style and lyrics.

Blues has a similar background as far as different styles go but those are so many that the name of the genre would be too long. We have Memphis Blues, Chicago Blues, St Louis Blues, New Orleans or Swamp Blues, Texas Blues,  and so on.

My favorite music is Blues as you might guess. BB King, Katie Smith,  John Lee Hooker, Bonnie Rate, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Anita Baker, and of course the dearly departed Stevie Ray Vaughn.

As Country goes, I would think in Canada it would be Country and Great White North.  ;D

Cassie
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Ah ha, now I know Cassie, but shouldn't it be Country and Northern :)

Steph
  •  

Alexandra

non-CW fan here!  however, I was stuck in a car with limited music selections once and the Dixie Chicks CD grew on me after a while. There is another reason for liking the Dixie Chicks but . . .  ;D
  •  

carla

hi alexandra,i think i know what you mean about the dixie chiks
  •  

rana

I have a selection of songs I always play when I am online. All getting a bit dated now, but I have heard nothing new that really impresses me :(   hope this is not a sign of age or somthing (my daughter reckons it is- but what would she know :)   )
Elvis Costello - Olivers Army :)  somthing I can sing along with and what other song these days features Neo Nazis
The Beach Boys most of their songs :)
Boston "More Than a Feeling" & Hunters & Collectors " Holy Grail"- same music totally diff songs
Steve Earle  - "Copperhead Road" - somthing about the air of menace in that song
Stereophonics "Handbags & Gladrags"  - I sit here & sing along :)
songs by Karen Carpenter - best female singer ever ( well nearly)
Dire Straits "Romeo & Juliet"
Country & Western - who sung "Stand by your Man" & "I fall to Pieces"  country & western is like truely precious pearls floating in an ocean of crap

•  

Chaunte

"I fall to pieces" was recorded by Patsy Cline.  She took Loretta Lynn under her wing and gave her a start.

"Stand By Your Man" is Tammy Wynette
  •  

Andre

1. linkin park-somewhere I belong
2.o-zone -dragostea din tei
3.Tina Turner-he lives in you(the Lion King 2-return to pride rock)
4. ABBA- The name of the game
5. Alizee-Moi Lolita

•  

Dennis

That group in your second pick, Andre - dragostea din tei - aren't they the ones that did the original Numa Numa song?

Dennis
  •  

Sarah Louise

I could name all kinds of songs I love, but probably no one would remember them.  So I will leave it at Greensleeves.

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

rana

Sarah,
Whatever makes you think that - your taste excellent, your enjoyment of Greensleeves proves that.  So :) why do you assume others here would not love the songs you do.

Taste is music is wide ranging - I find traditional songs/melodies like Greensleeves, Skye Boat Song, Whose Woods are These; wonderful.  I also enjoy music like Gangsta Paradise (thou rap is hard to take usually)

Go on :) list some longs you enjoy.

rana :)
  •  

Cassandra

Two favorite songs of the moment

"I Want To Spend My Lifetime Loving You" by Tina Arena
"You Raise Me Up"  performed by Celtic Woman.

I'm thinking of using one or both for a campaign theme. Lifetime because when I listen to it it reminds me of my love for America and I picture in my mind different parts of her I've been to and others I've yet to see in person. It also makes me think about what America could be if she tries.

You Raise Me Up is very sweeping and uplifting. I lean towards Celtic Woman being part Irish myself. Which reminds me of a joke. Why did god invent whiskey? To keep the Irish from taking over the world. Haven't had a drink in three months. Guess what I'm doing?  ;D

Cassie
  •