Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Does anyone else here enjoy RC toys like quadcopters?

Started by kaitylynn, January 28, 2018, 04:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4A-GZE

I'm not sure. I recently upgraded to some heavy duty Tamiya ones, but then the ESC died before I got a chance to try them out.
  •  

DawnOday

In the old days...Hey.  We used to fly our planes with strings attached. My grandparents lived on a culdesac so we took my brand new fighter plane out for a run. Well that didn't last long. After a half hour trying to get the motor started we were set for take off. I am reminded of the theme from "The magnificent men in their flying machines" a movie from the 70's. "They go uppity up up, They go down de down down. Never to fly again.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

kaitylynn

OMG Dawn, that is how I started flying!  Had a Cox 049 engine and hours of dizzy fun :)
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

SallyChoasAura

My dad likes flying these tiny remote helicopters sometimes. It's cool to watch.
  •  

DawnOday

My friend Ari has a two car garage full of RC planes. A good guess is around fifteen. or several thousand dollars worth. He hasn't let me fly one yet but I only get to Vegas every so often. I did watch him for two hours slathered in SPF 30 in 90 degree heat. Not bad for November. 

My plane on a string only lasted it's maiden flight. I didn't know they could fly 90 degrees. I do now.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Donica

I love RC! I haven't been able to fly for the past 2 years because for my vision. I'm getting a new pair of glasses soon. FPV, NSRCA, and CPA (low, fast and loud)!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jasminex69

I'm just getting into the hobby but mainly for surf fishing.  I just bought a sjrc s20w drone to take my bait past the surf, would love to catch a tuna or a nice size halibut.

Jasmine
  •  

kaitylynn

Quote from: Jasminex69 on October 04, 2018, 01:30:14 PM
I'm just getting into the hobby but mainly for surf fishing.  I just bought a sjrc s20w drone to take my bait past the surf, would love to catch a tuna or a nice size halibut.

Jasmine

That sounds really cool actually!  Drone fishing  :)  These things are fun to fly as well.
Katherine Lynn M.

•  

Jasminex69

Kaitylynn

This drone is a blast and it turns out I'm getting it for free.  Ordered it through Wish.com and it was a little on the small side, so they are refunding me the purchase price and I get to keep the drone.  Using the refund to get a DJI Phantom 3 standard and I will use it for more than just surf fishing now.
  •  

kaitylynn

Sweet on the free drone!  These things are so fun to fly.  I built a 6" long range quad while I was out on recovery leave using a bunch of spare parts.  Just had to buy a little GPS unit, which was only $8...so now it has GPS as well.

Heather and I are headed to Idyllwild next week and I hope to get some neat footage flying along a mountain ridge :)
Katherine Lynn M.

•