Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Anyone ever NOT want to transition after Orchi?

Started by Avnlea22, February 03, 2018, 06:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avnlea22

Hi everyone. I just joined a few days ago and this is my first post.

From a very young age I knew I was different, and was pretty sure I was transgendered. I'm 48 now, so information was hard to come by in my childhood. That's another story, though.

Fast forward to my mid 20's and I made the decision I wanted to transition. The first thing I did was seek out orchiectomy. I had the procedure done around 2001.

Not long after the procedure, I second guessed my decision. I no longer had that strong desire to transition, and I never have. I've had desires to many times since then, but never as so strong as before the procedure.

I'm curious if anyone else out there that has had orchiectomy has felt the same. Did you lose your drive to transition?
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. From what I have seen, much of our desire to transition is due to the presence of testosterone  in our system. Blockers or surgery both reduce the transgender drive to transition. In my case, blocker weren't available so throughout my RLE period my testosterone levels were still pretty high. After GCS my drive ended and I figure it was due to the fact that the treatment was successful. I was only partially correct as it was removing the testosterone that really freed me from dysphoria.

I have been on this site for over 2.5 years and often I hear the same story. People start HRT including a blockers and within a couple of weeks they experience a major reduction in dysphoria. They still desire to transition but they become more comfortable with themselves. Because we are different, you may chose not to go any farther or you could chose to continue your transition. It's your decision but in either case, your still welcome here.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Allison S

I don't know anymore. I always wished I didn't have testis and envied eunichs in a way. I definitely am happy with the t blocked and want an orchi. As for estrogen. I'm not too sure really. I like that it feminizes me but I think it's making my dysphoria worse. And with that I'm getting mental fog. It's a crazy ride to say the least.

My fear is I'll turn into a woman and lose my strength of character. I know it sounds crazy but losing male privilege is no joke. It's actually a huge shock! Especially how men treat women. Wow.

I live with 2 guys now. I'm learning to trust again. My dad was never in my life.. that could be part of my problem actually.

Sorry for going on a complete tangent. I do like how much more empathetic and sensitive I am. I really do feel like a woman... on the inside at least lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

Daisy Jane

Quote from: Dena on February 03, 2018, 08:32:53 PM
I have been on this site for over 2.5 years and often I hear the same story. People start HRT including a blockers and within a couple of weeks they experience a major reduction in dysphoria. They still desire to transition but they become more comfortable with themselves.

This! This was so me. It was like my irritability washed away.
  •  

Breeze 57

I understand completely what you are describing.  I too was certain I wanted to transition and had very few doubts, but after a few weeks on Spironolactone, the desire ebbed substantionally leading me to really question myself.  Seeing how you had your orchi at a fairly young age, did you go on any sort of hormone treatment like Estradiol?  If so, how did that make you feel?

Don't get me wrong, I am truly enjoying the effects of the Spironolatone (and now Estradiol too) just because the "urges/compulsions" I have experienced my whole life are now quiet and no longer an issue.  I just feel kind of indifferent to the transitioning part now.  I still wouldn't mind transitioning, but it is not my primary focus in life now.  For me, I think the testosterone suppression may be the key.
  •  

Devlyn

Surgically transitioning was never my goal, but I ended up getting an orchi to kill the T production. Not needing to take a blocker (and seventeen pisses a day!  :laugh: ) plus the bonus of less mass in the pants has made it a very nice fit for me.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Lady Sarah

Being absolutely in my comfort zone as a woman, I considered my orchi to be just one major step. By no means, would I ever want to go back. Most of my feminization happened only after it was done. In conclusion, I never even thought about stopping transition after removing my stones.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

sfbarbie

I know someone who had an orchi, (I'll say they because this person claims they want to be female on/off/etc., but still lives as a man). They didn't tell their wife, had the orchi wanted to transition  their wife flipped out and now this person goes back and forth constantly.  will get an estrogen implant grow nails etc wife flips, goes back gets implant out, takes testosterone, etc. i feel really bad for them :(
HRT 2/2012
Trach Shave 10/2013
Name Change 2/2014
BA 5/2014
FFS 5/2016
BA Revision 4/2017
  •  

LilDevilOfPrada

My doctor always asks why I dont just do an orchi because its going to be a while until I can afford SRS. Cant stay it would stop me but I know a girl from university who will never do SRS because of all the faults in the final product so shes happy to keep her penis and never go more.

Personally I am not even sure about SRS because its such an old style procedure and I am curious on more modern medical methods being developed that may no day help the SRS process. Cant say an orchi would stop my transition as I spent the last year off estrogen and on a low level of pro-estrogen and the slight increase in hair bulk broke my soul.
Awww no my little kitten gif site is gone :( sad.

2 Febuary 2011/13 June 2011 hrt began
  •  

Charlie Nicki

I think I understand where you're coming from. I had an orchi recently and it automatically made me feel more comfortable with my body. A separate situation is making me reconsider my transition but the fact that I already had the orchi kinda makes it easier to wait instead of going forward full throttle.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •