Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Re: Here I go again :-( 2.0

Started by Shy, January 17, 2018, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Thank you Markie. I'm okay  a little better now that I know Kendra is okay and has her other 2/3rd there with her. I had an opportunity to talk with her a bit and listen to her blame me for Beth and Saha being there. Really it wasn't my fault. She is in good spirits and is not in a lot of pain and said she hasn't had to hit the pain button at all yet.
  Speaking of pain Markie... How are you doing?

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Shy

Morning Laurie, or is it afternoon or some strange quantum time anomaly that your country has designed to confuse us islanders.

Nice peepers, they suit you girl :) Very classy.

Have a wonderful day ;D

Sadie
  •  

Megan.

Nice glasses Laurie,  love the colour!

I'm always in a pair,  but they come off for many of my pictures just due to glare/reflections. They can be another helpful prop for others to gender us correctly. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Laurie on January 18, 2018, 06:46:33 PM
Hi Folks,

My glasses arrived today. :)

I like the specs.  Nice portrait, too!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Kendra

Laurie your new glasses are awesome!  And thank you for your thoughts.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Laurie

Hi folks,

Thank you all who commented on my glasses and the other kind words said.

Today was another day of facial torture with my therapist and friend Christina. As usual we talked of many things. Some of my presence here on Susan's. She knows I am a moderator and she knows I have many friends here that also support me.
  I get no sympathy from her if I tell her of something that bothered me and she readily take the other side if she feel whoever or whatever bothered me was correct in her opinion. Like my therapist making me mad by wanting me to say "Laurie, I love you" I knew I shouldn't have told her that.  Anyway we talk and laugh and I enjoy my visits with her. Today at the end of the session I told her I have been doing better the last few days. Feeling better. I don't feel so empty and lost. I'm not ready to embrace life again but neither am I hurrying to end it. I'm sure I'm not done with my dark thoughts. That would be silly for me to think I'm okay, but for now I am feeling better.
   I told her I thought I'm beginning to feel like I can face friends again.
   I kind of feel guilty feeling this way with Sara feeling so bad. I felt at least close to her despair. I shared that with her a few weeks ago. The other day it came back to hit me in the face. I had told her I have wished I had pulled the trigger 20 some years again. That I have wished it several times recently. That was when she told me "So do it now" "Like you tell me what is left" I was shocked by it. Then I realized I didn't have an answer for her. I fumbled around with it in my head and come up with "I am getting help for my problems and I want you to get help for yours" I side stepped the question but I think I decided then I won't do it. I don't think I want to kill myself anymore. And that makes me feel guilty, like I am letting Sara down. Leaving her alone in her hopelessness and pain.
  Sara was/is? alive today. I saw that she read two of my messages sent at different times. Will she be alive tomorrow I don't know. But I will try to reach her again. It is all I can do for her, reach out my hand and hope she will grab onto it. Let her know I am here and thinking about her. Worried about her.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jessica_Rose

It is sad to hear about anyone who is so lost that they consider leaving this world. I was at that point a few times myself, but the thought of what would happen to my wife and daughters kept me here. Now that I have finally found my path I want to hang around as long as I can. I hope Sara finds a reason to stay. I would never wish pain on anyone, but sometimes tortured souls are the most beautiful because they have survived so much pain.

...and yes, your new glasses suit you very well!
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Jayne01

Laurie, you should not feel guilty for wanting to live. I don't know Sara. It is heartbreaking to know she is in so much pain, you sitting alongside her also wanting to kill yourself will not help her. You being the awesome, loving, caring person you are will help her. When you find peace with yourself, you can help others so much more effectively.

I am very glad (and relieved)that you no longer wanted to kill yourself. You even managed to write the words "Laurie, I love you". You may not yet be ready to believe those words, but you wrote them down. That's a positive step forward!

It is ok for you to feel some happiness in yourself even when a friend is in despair. Don't confuse your empathy for others with guilt. You have nothing to feel guilty about.

I hope Sara will be ok. I am thinking of her and anxiously await updates from you that you have some evidence that she is ok.

Jayne
  •  

Kendra

Sara is in Wales.  Photos 4 thru 8 in this thread from November 2017.  She touched many hearts and has closed her membership with Susan's Place.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Megan.

Laurie, you have a great deal of empathy for those members here (past and present) who are struggling; a real gift for all of us.

The very best way for you to help others is to be a beacon of how anyone can find a happiness, even from the lowest ebbs, never feel any guilt for this.

There is a 6 month time gap between my first profile on Susan's (meganjames) and my current one. This was my lowest time, dealing with suicidal thoughts on a daily basis. I know it's possible to climb out of that place and find real happiness. The support of others is invaluable, but ultimately, a person will only achieve this when they are ready, and not before.

Maybe it's your time to rise up, though Sarah may not be there yet, have hope she'll get there too. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

davina61

Didn't look on here last night as crashed out after my shower, well knackered. Glasses look great. have Sara's  phone no but not contacted her as she didn't reply to my last message with my phone no, will text her tomorrow.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Sara is still with us today (night her time). I messaged her a couple thins posted about her from this thread. I thought they might help a little to know people she doen't know care too. I did that last night and this morning I again posted a message to let her know I am still here telling her she matters and that I worry about her. She read them a little while ago and as usual did not respond. That is okay. I know she is alive.

Laurie

•  

KathyLauren

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Laurie on January 16, 2018, 02:23:11 PM
One more thing that has added to my not caring if I live to tomorrow is my cancer history. It haunts me. I am not supposed to be here. Twice I was supposed to die from it. Yet I am here. Instead of joy I face an uncertain future. Three times I have fought with it. The forth will no doubt kill me if I even live that long. All of these contribute to my not wanting to be here and not caring if I were to die. it just doesn't matter... nothing else matters.

Laurie, maybe look at it another way. Maybe you are supposed to be here. Maybe the fighting was for a reason. Sweetie, life is a matter of perspective. It's about how you look at the world.

You're here. You fought and won. More than once. We can only take the future one day at a time but we can make each day count. We can get to the end of each day knowing that we did something that day which made the world a better place. If not for ourselves then for someone else.

I believe things happen for a reason. You know the stuff that's happened to me. In spite of everything, and how I feel, I believe it's made me a better person, overall. No matter what I do or don't want, I believe it's allowed me to understand my purpose in the world. To understand why I'm here.

Laurie, I think you're here for a reason. I think there's a reason you haven't given up yet. I believe that if you didn't want to be here, or didn't deep down believe there's something worth fighting for, then you wouldn't be. I think that you are supposed to be here. For yourself and others. But I know you don't believe that, yet. Neither did I. But it's my hope you will, one day.

Until that day, know that I'm here if you need to talk, vent, rage, cry, laugh, or whatever else, okay?

*extra big hug*
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Kendra on January 20, 2018, 05:07:43 AM
Sara is in Wales.  Photos 4 thru 8 in this thread from November 2017.  She touched many hearts and has closed her membership with Susan's Place.
Kendra, thanks for putting a face to Sara's name. I won't pretend to know what she is going through, but I do know what it is like to be suicidal and having very nearly ending myself. I've managed to get past that horrible part of my life and now I am experiencing happiness like never before, and each day continues to get better.

Sara, I hope you continue to read these posts even though you have deleted your account here. I would love to no more about you. Please hang in there.

Laurie, you are progressing well with your issues. I no longer need to worry as much about you, I know you will be ok.

Jayne
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on January 20, 2018, 02:49:24 PM
   Sara is still with us today (night her time). I messaged her a couple thins posted about her from this thread. I thought they might help a little to know people she doen't know care too. I did that last night and this morning I again posted a message to let her know I am still here telling her she matters and that I worry about her. She read them a little while ago and as usual did not respond. That is okay. I know she is alive.

Laurie
You posted this as I was typing my last message. I'm glad Sara is still with us.

Laurie, thank you for persisting to try and make contact with Sara. Although she doesn't reply, at least she reads her messages. You are very caring and very stubborn, I know you won't give up on her. I am very worried about her but as long as she keeps giving signs of life, I can breath a little easier.

Jayne
  •  

davina61

Managed to get in touch with Sara by text (looks like my last one didn't get through) so we had a little natter , hoping she will come and visit and told her she can stay with me  to save looking for a B&B. Will try and rub off some of my "lifes >-bleeped-< but you just dig your way through it" attitude
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: davina61 on January 21, 2018, 03:11:25 PM
Managed to get in touch with Sara by text (looks like my last one didn't get through) so we had a little natter , hoping she will come and visit and told her she can stay with me  to save looking for a B&B. Will try and rub off some of my "lifes >-bleeped-< but you just dig your way through it" attitude
Oh that's a relief! I've mentioned before, I don't know Sara, but have been deeply touched by her pain. I'm glad she is ok and willing to chat with someone.

Jayne
  •  

Laurie

Thank you Davina. I don't think Sara has a way to go visiting you except her motorbike and that seems like a long trip on one of those. But I agree with Jayne at least she is chatting with you. That's more than I get most of the time.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: p on January 18, 2018, 12:09:48 PM
Sending you lots of love, Laurie!  :-*

Patti,

I'm sorry I skipped over responding to you my #1 fan. Thank you for the love you send my way. I love you also and I do think of your cute blond countenance and would love to see you again and spend more time with you. Our visit was far too short.

Hugs,
   Laurie