Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Had my first Electrolysis appointment today

Started by heather3791, February 06, 2018, 06:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heather3791

So today was my very first electrolysis appointment. I only scheduled 30 minutes to test the waters. (I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to pain!) I took 800mg of Ibuprofen an hour before the appointment and applied some Lidocaine cream about a half hour before. My technician Teresa was absolutely fantastic. She was very easy to talk to and really made me feel comfortable. We focused on my chin area today. I was surprised that the pain was not really that bad. I'm sure my preparation helped things so I'll definitely make a point to continue with that routine. I'm scheduled for an hour next week and will probably do an hour a week all throughout this year. So yeah it was a good experience and I'm excited to get rid of all this nasty facial hair forever! Thanks to all of you for your recommendations in your post. It definitely made things much nicer! ;)
  •  

Kendra

Congratulations! 

Electrolysis was one of the best decisions I made.  It wasn't easy, but thinking about the long term results helped get me through it.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

heather3791

Yup, the long term results definitely make any pain less painful then having face hair. Everytime she zapped a hair I was like "hell yeah! bye Felicia!"  ;D
  •  

islandgirl

Congrats on getting started!  This is a process that will take time. Pain management seems to be a very personal thing. Different pain tolerances for different women. I have used emla cream more often than not. I have been at it for over three years, not continuously due to being out of the country half the year. I started with one hour a week and have progressed to two hour sessions once a week. Seeing less hair over time makes it easier to put up with the pain and the hassle. I now have to travel two hours each way to get my treatments. I can't wait for the day when I don't have to worry about facial hair!

All the Best! hugs
Kelly
  •