Main Menu

Over 200 churches added glitter to ash wednesday in support of LGBTQ

Started by stephaniec, February 17, 2018, 12:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

•  

gennee

Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

Roll

Honestly, I think this is a little unnecessary and worry how it looks to/can be used by those looking for ammo about the supposed "LGBT agenda". It's a nice gesture, but I feel as though simply making it clear the symbolism of the ash applies very much to us as well would be preferable to modifying the message with the addition of glitter. (I've also never been overly fond of the glitter cliche in general, but that may just be me. :-X)

But I dunno, I'm not Catholic so don't know how important the ashes even are, so maybe it's not something anyone would even care about either way.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Deborah

The ashes symbolize penance and mortality. Adding glitter doesn't make any sense in that context.  In my opinion it detracts from the meaning of that liturgy.  These are the words of the priest when he marks the cross in ashes on one's forehead, "Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •