Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you pass or not?

Started by Priya, March 04, 2018, 01:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Artesia on May 15, 2019, 06:20:12 PM
8226 by Claire Labus, on Flickr

A little over two years in, just before Christmas of 2018.  This also happens to be the first time I felt that I was able to pass.  I still have my doubts though.

Artesia, you are beautiful. No matter how nice we look, we always doubt ourselves. Remember that a mirror only shows us what we want to see, look for beauty and that is what you will find.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Sometimes.  Like when I am throwing a football.

:)

Seriously, far from always but I am still transitioning.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Maid Marion

It found it very hard to be accepted as a short guy.  For one, it is very hard to find appropriate clothes that ft, even if you love to shop.  But, as I make my presentation more feminine, acceptance is now the norm.  By being more female than male, I get judged by my appearance according to female norms.  Too short becomes a petite hourglass!  And now I can buy tons of clothes that fit!  Today a lady asked my opinion on the fresh corn in the produce aisle.
  •  

Katie Ellen

No. But to be fair, I guess I would need to try first!
Katie Ellen
  •  

Breeze 57

To be honest, when I look in the mirror I just see my old male self (I know everyone says that, but it is so true).  I sometimes feel like such a fraud.  I'm full-time now so I'm hopeful I blend in.  Adults are mostly kind to me and don't pay any attention to me, but children sometimes, with their lower social inhibitions, sometimes look at me in a questioning way.  Here's me in a tank top.  I took this as I was trying to determine if I could pull it off or not as I had never worn something like this in public before (but it was so hot outside).  I feel like my upper body is so muscular and bulky so I usually just try to cover it up.  I've never had the confidence to wear a dress or skirt outside in public.  I always cover my head because of hairline issues, but scheduled for hair transplants in July.  I hope it helps.  In the tank top picture, I don't have any make-up on.  Obviously I have some on in my avatar picture.  Comments??  Please be honest as my greatest fear is being the subject of ridicule.  I know it shouldn't be as I feel so much better.
  •  

Breeze 57

Well, obviously I also don't know how to post a picture on here.  Crud
  •  

Cayla

My appearance is genderfluid in which I'm fully outed and no one has ever said anything to us negatively, I'm only 5ft 6 and slight build with long blonde hair so I can pull off wearing skirts etc quite easily, the more I transition the more il try to look more feminine.

Cayla x
  •  

Lexxi

I'm 6'4" and for the time being weigh 275. I have an extremely deep voice. So sadly I will never be able to pass. But I'm not giving up on my transition, so if people won't accept me then that's their loss. I'm going to be me no matter what.

Lexxi
Finally started the process of becoming who I really am on the inside! 5/20/19
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Lexxi on May 27, 2019, 01:25:53 AM
I'm 6'4" and for the time being weigh 275. I have an extremely deep voice. So sadly I will never be able to pass. But I'm not giving up on my transition, so if people won't accept me then that's their loss. I'm going to be me no matter what.

Lexxi
There are tall women around, I am 6' and i like to wear 4" high heels.  You  can do something about the weight and the voice.  and before you know it, you will be called ma'am
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Lexxi

Well thank you Linde!! That makes me feel good. I've started working on both already. I'm hoping the weight comes off quick like it used to when I was younger. I'm already down a couple of pounds so that's encouraging.

The voice has been a bit harder to get a handle on. I've been using YouTube videos to help me along. Every time I think I'm getting somewhere though, I'll listen to a recording of my voice and I still sound like the old me. Hopefully I'll get better though.  :) :) :)

xoxo

Lexxi
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Lexxi on May 27, 2019, 05:27:56 AM
Well thank you Linde!! That makes me feel good. I've started working on both already. I'm hoping the weight comes off quick like it used to when I was younger. I'm already down a couple of pounds so that's encouraging.

The voice has been a bit harder to get a handle on. I've been using YouTube videos to help me along. Every time I think I'm getting somewhere though, I'll listen to a recording of my voice and I still sound like the old me. Hopefully I'll get better though.  :) :) :)

xoxo

Lexxi
The member Natalie Rene has posted some good stuff of her own voice training..  She now sounds like a young lady.  Do a search for it, it is really great!
I was blessed with a rather high pitch natural voice (well, it was not a blessing trying to talk with a voice like that as a tough man), and I had to change my speech pattern only to sound like an older woman (and I am an older woman).  It takes training and concentration for a certain amount of time to get there.  Now my normal speech pattern is that of a female, and I have to work really hard on trying to sound like a male.
You can do it!  If I could do it there is no doubt about it that you can do it!

Good luck and hang in there!
Linde
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Cayla

Lexxi there are lots of cis tall ladies that you could look on for examples and be feminine, It must be harder for a transitioning lady when height and build can look against you but it shouldn't deter you by no means, your a lady at heart mind and soul.

Cayla x
  •  

Allie Jayne

Quote from: Breeze 57 on May 26, 2019, 11:23:08 AM
Well, obviously I also don't know how to post a picture on here.  Crud

Breeze, you have to have your picture on a hosting site like Flikr, then you click on the share button on that image to get a BBC code, Copy and paste that code into your posts on this forum, and voila, you will be exposed to the world!

Hint - you may get options on image size, pick small or medium so your post doesn't end up huge, and to retain anonimity, only copy and paste the section of the BBC Code between [img ] at the start, and [/img ] at the end.

Looking forward to seeing more of you!

Allie
  •  

Lexxi

Thank you Linde for the suggestion. I might have seen a couple of her videos already, but I didn't write down her name for future reference. But I'm going to look her up tonight and see if she's the same person.

Thank you Cayla. While being my size makes passing hard, I'm definitely not going to be giving up. I am who I am...and that's a female. I've wanted it for as long as I can remember and I'm not going to let anything stop me now.

xoxo

Lexxi
  •  

Gwendoline

I am passing for a long time, and beside looks the first words people hear are also important for getting passing pronoun's.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Northern Star Girl on March 04, 2018, 03:56:40 PM@ Allison S:  5' 5" if I puff up my hair... most likely 5' 4" dripping wet.  I know that transwomen that are taller have a more difficult time...
,,,but I have cis girlfriends that I go to the gym with that are much taller, one is 5' 11" and one is 6' 2" and they are beautiful and popular women.
Aspiringperson

Hey, you're shrinking.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Devlyn, she said she was 5' 4" dripping wet -- most items do shrink a bit in the wash. I bet she fluffs up to at least 5' 5" when she's dry!

I'm 6' 1". The first question strangers usually ask me:

1 - 'How tall are you?'
2 - 'Did you play basketball?'

No one ever asks about my gender.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Jessica_K

I so love only being 5ft 3in. Years ago it was such a disadvantage especially at the bar attempting to get drinks as everyone around was taller. Now I get "that lady was first" or "go on darling give your order" from the men. As for passing, I have done so for a good 4 year now, not long after I started HRT and got a bit of shape.

Hugs
Jessica xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

Oldandcreaky

I think I pass most of the time. One really doesn't know.
  •  

Jessica_K

Quote from: Oldandcreaky on January 03, 2024, 07:04:09 PMI think I pass most of the time. One really doesn't know.
Confirmation is when you are chatting woman to woman, and women's health problems come up in the conversation lol

Hugs
Jessica xx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•