Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

For those of us Transitioning from Male to Female ; What is your height

Started by judithlynn, March 15, 2018, 10:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For those of us Transitioning from Male to Female ; What is your height without shoes

5'4"   64in   162.56cm or less
5'5"   65in   165.10cm
5'6"   66in   167.74cm
5'7"   67in   170.18cm
5'8"   68in   172.72cm
5'9"   69in   175.26cm
5'10"   70in   177.80cm
5'11"   71in   180.34cm
6'0"   72in   182.88cm
6'1"   73in   185.45cm
6'2"   74in   187.96cm
6'3"   75in   190.50cm or greater

softbutchharley

Those who deny freedom to others....Do not deserve it for themselves.  Abraham Lincoln
  •  

Nina_NYC

5'4". I suffered a lot during my childhood/adolescence always being the runt - the school bully's target among other things.

In elementary school, i was a newly arrived immigrant school kid who didn't speak English. I became the target of the Physical Ed teacher who used to lift me up by my neck (he was smart to know not to grip my neck to tight or he would have strangled me) in front of the whole class and telling all the kids that I needed to "put some meat and mashed potatoes on my bones", which all the kids found hysterical. It stung and I remember the feeling of embarrassment and shame.

Today, I feel so blessed blending in as a woman. I use women's public bathrooms all the time without anyone giving me a double take. It's gratifying to be called "Miss" or "Ma'am" by sales staff, workers, etc.

Karma has come around and now is my time.

•  

MariaMoore

I think I'm 6'2", but my boyfriend says I'm 6"1'. It's not that odd to me, my mother is taller than me.

Hugs, Maria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

josie76

Definitely 5'-11". I keep waiting for that shrinkage thing to happen. not so far lol
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

LaRell

I am (or was) 6' 1".  I have not measured my height since quite a while before starting HRT.  I do not see how I could lose any height, but I sure would welcome it!!!

CatRose

I am about 5' 6" i think. I have always been the short one in any group of people. I used to mind when i was younger but not so much anymore.
  •  

LilJess

I guess I now feel somewhat lucky to be short at 5'6", but growing up it sucked. I'm usually shorter than most males but in the middle range of females.
  •  

jameswhiteshine

I'm little over 6 ft 2 inches and still growing up. I don't want to end up really tall like 6 ft 8 inches. With my winter boots on, I'm close to 6 ft 4 inches and tower almost everyone. It sucks!
  •  

Kokoro

I answered 5'7", but I'm actually a smidgen under that at 5'6" 3/4 (169.5cm) but it was the closest of the two options. However that measurement is at least 7 years old and I don't trust myself to measure myself accurately, especially if we're going by quarters of an inch.

Pre-HRT.
  •  

Cute-Ida-83

I started out as 5 foot 4 but being on hrt for 6.5 years I've lost one inch in height. So now I'm 5 foot 3.

Ida
  •  

laya_lumbee

I'm 6'0

I have never heard of someone loosing their height while being on HRT 🤔
Is this true??
Laser Hair Removal - Febuary 2, 2015 - Blue Water Med Spa
Thearpy - April 8, 2015 - Joanna Nunez
HRT - October 22, 2015 - Donald Pittaway
Full Time - December 20, 2015
Breast Aug - April 12, 2017 - Steven M. Zoellner
Tracheal Shave - July 15, 2017 - Keelee MacPhee
Reassignment - Apri 11, 2018 - Keelee MacPhee
  •  

Michelle_P

Most of my height change is from connective tissue changes, in the foot and pelvis, that related to pelvic rotation that cost me an inch or so.

Aging has a bit of influence as well.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

nikkiannukts

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: judithlynn on March 15, 2018, 10:58:42 PM
I was 5'7 and a half, but have lost half an inch after 5 years on HRT
6' No change with HRT.

Kirsten xx.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

steph2.0

I used to be 5'6", but age took me down to 5'5". Growing up I was the shortest kid in the boy's line for school pictures. They lined us up by height so the photographer could just continually lower his tripod. I was always at the end of the line. I hated hated hated it - until I transitioned. Now I'm an average-height woman. After all the crap I've gone through to get here, I'll enjoy that one advantage.

No perceivable changes due to HRT.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on March 20, 2019, 11:47:06 AM
6' No change with HRT

Ditto! We're currently in the upper 5.4% percentile . . . and happy for it! What's the deal?

Can't ask a girl her weight?

Daughter, who I now work with, has a young, totally cute & friendly "gay guy" co-worker that's, no exaggeration, 6'4" even I need to look UP we hit it off immediately  ;D Vowed I would never date anybody shorter than 5'9" lol people ask: "why do ya always carry a tape measure around"?

Definitely In The Market!  ;)

Quote from: reader comment lol946 short people managed to reach the mouse. Bless their little hearts.
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 20, 2019, 11:51:16 AM
I used to be 5'6", but age took me down to 5'5". Growing up I was the shortest kid in the boy's line for school pictures. They lined us up by height so the photographer could just continually lower his tripod. I was always at the end of the line. I hated hated hated it - until I transitioned. Now I'm an average-height woman. After all the crap I've gone through to get here, I'll enjoy that one advantage.

No perceivable changes due to HRT.

Stephanie
You are lucky Stephanie. I'm just hoping in Darwin I will be able to blend with many local girls around 6'. It makes wearing heels a bit of an issue as well.

Yours, Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on March 20, 2019, 03:21:16 PM
You are lucky Stephanie. I'm just hoping in Darwin I will be able to blend with many local girls around 6'. It makes wearing heels a bit of an issue as well.

You've probably heard this before, but 6' really isn't all that tall for a woman any more. So many gorgeous women are that tall, and they enhance it with heels. Be you! I'll be down here trying to see past all the regular height people. [emoji16]

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •