Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

My torture at precision hair removal in Chicago

Started by Colleen_definitely, March 17, 2018, 05:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breeze 57

To: SF Barbie and Jessica Lynne
Yes, Belle is a sweetheart.  She has helped me with the electrolysis and so much more.  I look forward to our sessions so I can talk with her.  Health-wise, she looks great, but I'm not so sure she is in reality.  But she has a good attitude and continues to make plans for the future.  I do know she is very good at what she does, is compassionate, and is very knowledgeable about her profession.  I know when I had my first session, I was dressed as a guy and told her I wanted her to work on my facial hair.  She agreed, asked me if I was trans, and then told me about her own transgender experience.  She was very honest and upfront.  Well, all my defenses disappeared and I told her I was trans too.  Yada Yada Yada...I've had 2 complete clearings and ready to start my third once I can get some facial hair to start growing again.
  •  

sfbarbie

Glad to hear. Prior to initially meeting her I was so nervous because I had actually not had a lot of experience meeting other trans women - having only met like 2 others before, but she was so sweet and warm i immediately felt like she was my sister.
HRT 2/2012
Trach Shave 10/2013
Name Change 2/2014
BA 5/2014
FFS 5/2016
BA Revision 4/2017
  •  

Denise

I'm in Chicago and about 1/2 of my transfemale friends use Dr Z and his total clearing approach for both facial and genital cleaning.

The other half, including me, use Kelly Inc in Oak Park Illinois.  Kelly doesn't have a medical license which has implications with insurance.  These issues were worked out with my insurance and all is good.

Kelly has an Md that comes in to do injections.  I'll tell you the truth, the shots into the face is probably the most painful thing I've over done (way more painful than GCS last week).  But I wouldn't trade the experience.  At about 1/2 the price I'm not disappointed.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

AlexisRene

Quote from: Breeze 57 on March 27, 2018, 04:40:15 PM
To: SF Barbie and Jessica Lynne
Yes, Belle is a sweetheart.  She has helped me with the electrolysis and so much more.  I look forward to our sessions so I can talk with her.  Health-wise, she looks great, but I'm not so sure she is in reality.  But she has a good attitude and continues to make plans for the future.  I do know she is very good at what she does, is compassionate, and is very knowledgeable about her profession.  I know when I had my first session, I was dressed as a guy and told her I wanted her to work on my facial hair.  She agreed, asked me if I was trans, and then told me about her own transgender experience.  She was very honest and upfront.  Well, all my defenses disappeared and I told her I was trans too.  Yada Yada Yada...I've had 2 complete clearings and ready to start my third once I can get some facial hair to start growing again.

Hi Paige! Would you mind if I pm'd you? Had some questions about the facility in Champaign? More so interested in costs & if one can drive to & from an appt if they use any sort of pain killer/sedation etc.

Live just under 2 hours away & have cleared most facial hair with laser. But have the usual pesky spots.

Thanks everyone in this thread for the reviews.
  •  

AutumnLeaves

Quote from: Jessica Lynne on March 27, 2018, 02:15:04 PM
I saw Belle in September and she looked fantastic. Healthy and happy. She was in remission and hopefully still is.

I'm sorry to report that Belle Brine passed away November 8th. I saw her obituary online. I never met her, but she was clearly much loved.
  •  

Jaime320

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 17, 2018, 05:58:56 PM
How ironic that at the same time I need more hair on top I need none below. And both cost much money and pain to fix.

Sigh...

Stephanie

I thought the very same thing tonight. To bad they can't subtract from one area and add to the other.
  •