Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Why is it ok for guys to go topless?

Started by Julia1996, March 27, 2018, 11:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

I was reading the thread about the guy who got in trouble for wearing a bra in his house and I started thinking about something that really irritates me. Why is it ok for guys to run around with no shirt but criminal for women to do it? Where did this stupid double standard come from??  Imagine a park and there is a woman with a gorgeous body and beautiful breasts. She gets hot so she removes her shirt and bra. It takes all of 3 minutes for someone to call the police and she gets arrested and hauled away. Now picture the same park. There's this fat guy. He takes off his shirt. His stomach hangs to his knees and is covered with thick black hair, he has flabby man boobs, also covered with hair and has enough hair on his back and shoulders to make a rug. But it's perfectly ok for him to be shirtless! WTF is that? ????  Not only do women have to wear a shirt at all times but a bra too. Once I had just gotten out of bed and walked into the kitchen. It was chilly and I guess my nipples were at attention. My brother quickly looked away and said " OMG Julia, why don't you have a bra on"? I told him because I just got up. I asked him what his problem was and said I did have a top on and its not like I was topless. He said I might as well be because you could totally see the outline of my boobs through my shirt. He told me I couldn't go around the house like that and that I needed to look into sleep bras or something. Sleep bras! Yeah, Im totally not sleeping in a bra! I told him he was nuts. My dad said that maybe I should wear thicker tops to bed. Ok, both of them were in nothing but their boxer shorts when they were saying all this to me. I told them that they needed to start wearing pajamas then because they couldn't run around in the house in just boxer shorts. Tyler said " we are guys Julia, it's ok for us to just wear boxers around the house". I told him that was a total double standard and he gave me his standard answer when he makes chauvinist remarks. " I don't make the rules Julia."  Aghhh!

Guys have nipples too so who decided it's ok for them to be topless but wrong for women to be? That doesn't make sense to me. And no, I wouldn't go around topless even if it was allowed but it really irritates me that it's actually a crime for a woman to do that but it's perfectly fine for a guy no matter how gross and disgusting he might look. I mean why isn't there a law for the preservation of peoples eyesight and prevention of emotional trauma?
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Jessica

It may be because men objectify women's breasts, whereas women do not with a mans. ( not entirely true though)
Men wrote the laws and they don't feel they should be worried about modesty of themselves, that's for a woman to deal with.
A bare mans chest can be alluring to women as much as it is for men and a woman's breasts, but throughout the ages, it has come to this. 

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Jessica on March 27, 2018, 11:09:23 AM
It may be because men objectify women's breasts, whereas women do not with a mans. ( not entirely true though)
Men wrote the laws and they don't feel they should be worried about modesty of themselves, that's for a woman to deal with.
A bare mans chest can be alluring to women as much as it is for men and a woman's breasts, but throughout the ages, it has come to this.

That's nice. Because guys can't control themselves around boobs women have to stay covered. Ugh!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

DawnOday

Puritanism. Adam went without clothes but Eve used fig leafs to cover herself. I suggest if you come to Cali you may want to try Blacks Beach in La Jolla just north of San Diego.

Black's Beach in San Diego is the one of the largest nude beaches in the United States[9] and is popular with Southern Californian nudists and naturists. Originally including the current Torrey Pines State Beach, Black's Beach was the first and only public nude beach in the country for several years in the mid-1970s.[3] Because Black's Beach was traditionally recognized as a clothing optional beach, nudity is tolerated for the portion of the beach that is managed by the state park.[1][
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Charlie Nicki

Well I'm not complaining. I love seeing hot guys with their shirts off :)
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on March 27, 2018, 11:48:14 AM
Well I'm not complaining. I love seeing hot guys with their shirts off :)

I do too but the idea they are allowed to be topless and women aren't is not fair. Plus a lot of they guys I see topless out in public shouldn't ever be without a shirt and I need eye bleach after seeing them. 😖
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

sarah1972

Ugh, there has a big controversy at some of the beaches here which implemented much stricter rules about female breasts having to be covered. Since I still have a male ID, I was very tempted to go topless to that beach and see what happens... I could have always said I am male, you cannot stop me (but just the though of this made me dysphoric)

But i do agree, there is such a double standard. When women get attacked or mistreated by men, it is their fault for "dressing inappropriately".

One of the strangest things about 3 month into HRT was that I could not go topless anymore. I barely had anything growing but I could not stand the thought of men staring at the little I have. So their misbehavior made me cover up.

•  

Kylo

Mostly cultural.

Some parts of the world have no sexual interest in boobs in the culture, so the women there go topless or naked. In other parts almost no part of a woman can be seen or she's probably going to be gang-raped and nobody will bat an eye. You know the places I'm taking about.

We've got a situation somewhere in the middle. I heard New York doesn't care so it's regional, too. It's all about what people in the area find acceptable. There are nudist areas but I guess if you do it in the wrong area the decency laws are going to come down on you.

Where does it come from originally though - well, Abrahamic religions for the most part and the culture they spawned. But maybe also from the culture's desire to protect women and/or prevent men being aroused by them. From the same place fathers are protective of their daughters. Society's fear of rape, I suppose. These days if there was no law banning it, how many of you would still want to go topless in the street? How much of it is down to law and how much to covering up because we know it will attract (most likely unwanted) attention. 
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Dani

I think that the guys are just trying to get us ladies to reciprocate.  :laugh:

Just my opinion though, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
  •  

Lady Sarah

In high school, most of the guys in gym class would go shirtless. When it came to electing which sport I wanted to participate in, I selected the girl ones. I had got in trouble playing tennis. It was hot and muggy, so I had taken off my shirt. Never mind that I was male, and shaped like a stick figure, I had to put my shirt back on.
Apparently, someone saw me from the back, and thought I was one of the girls, and made a complaint.

These days, if I wear a sun dress, guys get aroused.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Peep

Quote from: Julia1996 on March 27, 2018, 11:01:21 AM
Imagine a park and there is a woman with a gorgeous body and beautiful breasts. She gets hot so she removes her shirt and bra. It takes all of 3 minutes for someone to call the police and she gets arrested and hauled away. Now picture the same park. There's this fat guy. He takes off his shirt. His stomach hangs to his knees and is covered with thick black hair, he has flabby man boobs, also covered with hair and has enough hair on his back and shoulders to make a rug. But it's perfectly ok for him to be shirtless! WTF is that? ???

imagine a word where people are allowed to be publicly comfortable in their bodies regardless of how conventionally attractive they are
  •  

Kylo

Actually I think there have been cases of people reporting other people on FB and the like for showing their moobs. Mistaking them for women and getting their pics taken down
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Kylo on March 27, 2018, 04:42:43 PM
Actually I think there have been cases of people reporting other people on FB and the like for showing their moobs. Mistaking them for women and getting their pics taken down

Lol. 😂😂
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Peep on March 27, 2018, 04:34:51 PM
imagine a word where people are allowed to be publicly comfortable in their bodies regardless of how conventionally attractive they are

They have places like that. Nudist colonies. Those people don't care how they look.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Shambles

Now past pretend cis me with boobs from medicatiion what the hell am i ment to do there apart from remove from the situation, cant go swimming for instance. If topless its just weird for me wondering what others think and others thinking wtf, how do i react here. Ofc if i wore a fem bikni top or a swimsuit and then trunks it would be even weirder for all!

Trans me now wears a bra now as self concous on standing to attention nipples so try to just own it with a so what attitude

Would be better all around if everyones baps were just allowed to dangle about!
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Shambles on March 27, 2018, 05:30:57 PM
Now past pretend cis me with boobs from medicatiion what the hell am i ment to do there apart from remove from the situation, cant go swimming for instance. If topless its just weird for me wondering what others think and others thinking wtf, how do i react here. Ofc if i wore a fem bikni top or a swimsuit and then trunks it would be even weirder for all!

Trans me now wears a bra now as self concous on standing to attention nipples so try to just own it with a so what attitude

Would be better all around if everyones baps were just allowed to dangle about!

Im sure gynomastica causes CIS guys major stress. That's a sad situation for sure.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

In Canada both men and women are aloud to go topless but still no shoes no shirt no service applies but out in public it is fair game for both
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on March 27, 2018, 07:09:18 PM
In Canada both men and women are aloud to go topless but still no shoes no shirt no service applies but out in public it is fair game for both

Tyler always runs around shirtless in the summer. Once he went into a convenience store and the cashier told him he couldn't come in there without a shirt. Lol. He got so mad!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Kylo

I dunno what's more offensive, people turning up at the conveenie shirtless or people turning up to Tesco in their pajamas like they sometimes do round here, lazy sods
  •  

Jin

So, as I have aged it is now obvious that I have a male body. Mostly. I have breasts that are very feminine, perky and obvious. Had them since puberty. And I go topless a lot. I also have long hair so I do get some funny looks.
Who cares? Not me.
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •