Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Question about post OP orchiectomy

Started by Shdwrunner, March 30, 2018, 01:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shdwrunner

I am looking for some knowledge/answers of after the bilateral orchiectomy procedure had been completed...be it directly after, says, months, or even years.  I am a recovering sex addict who has decided to have the bilateral orchiectomy procedure to help stop and or prevent urges, even thoughts at that matter.  I was wondering if there are any recovering srs addicts who have gone down this path.  Yes I figure since I am getting a bilateral orchiectomy I would continue my journey into womanhood as well.
  •  

AnneK

I'm certainly no expert on this, but my understanding is the way the orchi is done can affect GCS.

Please note, I am not a doctor and I don't play one on TV.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Mikaela

Quote from: Shdwrunner on March 30, 2018, 01:01:01 PM
I am looking for some knowledge/answers of after the bilateral orchiectomy procedure had been completed...be it directly after, says, months, or even years.  I am a recovering sex addict who has decided to have the bilateral orchiectomy procedure to help stop and or prevent urges, even thoughts at that matter.  I was wondering if there are any recovering srs addicts who have gone down this path.  Yes I figure since I am getting a bilateral orchiectomy I would continue my journey into womanhood as well.

Have you found a good counselor? This is a tricky question, and you are talking about powerful, irrevocable decisions. I don't quite understand where you're coming from as far as your statement that you would continue on into womanhood. I hope you are choosing into becoming a woman because that's where your dysphoria is leading you, not just because your getting an orchi? In any case, have you already started into HRT? This can create a sort of chemical castration effect, which may work for you if you haven't already done it. Anyway, best of luck on your personal journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Pisces228

I had a bilateral orchiectomy on March 8th.  My sex drive is the same as before when I was on spiro and had female levels of T. 
  •  

Chris8080

Quote from: Shdwrunner on March 30, 2018, 01:01:01 PM

I am not a doctor or a qualified counselor and I did not stay in a Holiday Inn last night but please tell us you have a counselor or a qualified gender MD to help you. Your post leaves out much information that would help others give a reasonable reply. My reply can ONLY be my personal experience and could quite possibly not apply to anyone else.

Are you currently or have you been on HRT? Is your desire for an orchi strictly to curb sex drive? Before your decision to have an orchi have you ever considered yourself female? How old are you and how long have you known of your gender dysphoria assuming that's the case?

It's my "opinion" that if your thinking that an orchi will make you feel female so you may as well go all the way your wrong. Being transgendered for me is the brain is female and fully expecting the body to send nerve signals of what the brain thinks is/should be there. Of course that isn't the case and it creates a lifetime of depression and confusion. There is no way that I've ever heard of to reverse or change what sex the brain is, decades of raging T didn't do it so I have done what I could to help the body match the brain. 1 1/2 years on HRT and the breast growth and now the orchi doesn't make me normal but it does make me feel much less the freak that I have always felt. Again this is my opinion based on my own experience.

My orchi was six months ago and "for me" it changed mostly the mental part of sex. Before the surgery for me the whole point of sex was the ejaculation, little else mattered just get there. I assume that is the male sexuality, at least it was for me. After the surgery that urgency is greatly reduced, the orgasm is no longer the point or purpose but rather lay back and enjoy the experience and that to me is a huge benefit. If the orgasm happens great, if not that's fine maybe next time. If your goal is to curb a sex addition the orchi may help, maybe not.

If you haven't already I strongly urge you see a qualified counselor experienced with sex addiction cases. It could well be the single best thing you have ever done.
  •  

Shdwrunner

Thank you all for your replies.  Yes I am seeing a counselor, I have felt I should have been a female since I was 5, no I have not had HRT yet.  And yes fighting the T monster from the start.
  •