Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I despise dresses

Started by JanineTheGamer, April 12, 2018, 12:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrina Rei

I like them but whatever drive I had to wear them has calmed down since starting HRT. Now, I just plan little occasions when it makes sense to dress up and I get excited putting together accessories and a look. I'm definitely becoming my grandmother. LOL.

Gertrude

Quote from: TonyaW on April 22, 2018, 09:03:48 AM
Im 6'3" and get that a lot also, but not always.  Tried one on recently and that's what I got.  Could have been worn over leggings but not what I was looking for. 

Old Navy has tall sizes (on line only) that have fit me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Jc penny does too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Kati P on August 23, 2018, 09:53:59 PM
Yeah it's definitely a lot easier for me to find a seperate top that works with a skirt than a full dress that works as a couple people already mentioned.  I love the look of them it's just hard to find one that works for me between the hips/chest proportions and just overall length being too short.  I'm tall and larger sizes are too wide.

If I won the lottery I'd love some custom dresses, but I think you have to buy a ticket first or something.

Not liking dresses is pretty common though.  Plenty of other women don't really care for them either.  We all have our own styles.   :)

Baggy dresses look really nice for tall people. Usually I wear very tight dresses, but my friends recommed me to wear big, loose dresses. Also they are far more comfortable to wear even as night gowns.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Virginia

Unlike that navy blue suit that used to hang in your closet, wearing the same dress around the same people more than once is a HUGE fashion no-no. It isn't so much about preference for my female alter as being cheap; there is alot more bang for the buck in separates.
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Gertrude on August 24, 2018, 08:12:59 AM
Jc penny does too.

Do they have tall sizes in the store? I had seen that that had leggings in tall on line at least.

I bought some shorts and t-shirts there this summer so plan to look there in the future.

If it's on line only for tall I'll have to go like I do for old navy and try on in the store for the general size the order it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: TonyaW on August 24, 2018, 10:09:36 AM
Do they have tall sizes in the store? I had seen that that had leggings in tall on line at least.

I bought some shorts and t-shirts there this summer so plan to look there in the future.

If it's on line only for tall I'll have to go like I do for old navy and try on in the store for the general size the order it.

DK know about the store, but they show it online. You'd have to select a store than then see if it's available there. I got a nice black sheath and blazer in tall, Liz Claiborne. It was on sale and works nice.
  •  

TonyaW

Cool.  Definitely have to check them out.

•  

Mary1

Quote from: TonyaW on April 13, 2018, 07:14:02 AM
I love dresses and skirts and would wear them more often if it were practical. 

In winter here they almost always require tights so it's harder to get a casual look. 

Skinny jeans and leggings are awesome also so it doesn't bother me that I don't wear skirts more often. 

Rachel Christina, I have 3 dresses waiting in my closet for a place and time to wear them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I know you love them

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

•  

Dani

I usually wear a skirt and top when I dress up. I do have a LBD for formal occasions, but when ever I try on a dress that fits, I just look a little too chunky. I wear a size 16 or 18 depending on. In my opinion, if you can wear a size 12 or under, dresses are just fine for almost anyone.
  •  

DawnOday

Thank God I don't. Here are the last three I bought.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Gertrude

Quote from: Dani on August 28, 2018, 05:06:12 AM
I usually wear a skirt and top when I dress up. I do have a LBD for formal occasions, but when ever I try on a dress that fits, I just look a little too chunky. I wear a size 16 or 18 depending on. In my opinion, if you can wear a size 12 or under, dresses are just fine for almost anyone.
Height probably matters. A tall 16 might pull it off

•  

Sky1090

I used to hate them. I did a fantastic job of destroying my body with some overly masculine tattoos. I call them my denial ink. Now since finding a good concealer and wearing sheer pantyhose over the concealed mistakes, I love my leather mini skirts for nights out to the clubs and bars. However most days I'm a skinny jeans or leggings and oversized sweater kind of girl
  •  

JaslineUK

As a general rule I don't like dresses as never used to find them particularly flattering. However, now I've lost some weight I was looking in Debenhams (UK dept store) and found this https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_038020410541_-1

It was love at first sight and when I tried it on it was love all over again as it is so flattering (maybe flattening in the right places would be more appropriate).
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Some dresses can be absolutely gorgeous.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

I have 3 dresses and 3 more skirts, and I hardly wear any of them.  i cannot recall seeing a woman wearing a dress around here.  Currently the snow birds are crowding us out, and they run around in shorts and skimpy tops while we are wrapping ourselves in down coats (Northerners and Canadians, what can one say?).  Anyway, because it is so cold (daytime temps barely into the mit 70's), every local is wearing pants and thick, warm tops.  No room for dresses either!
And when it finally gets ever warm again, in 2 or 3 weeks, we all wear either shorts or Capris.  No room for dresses again!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

GordonG

Quote from: JaslineUK on January 21, 2019, 08:16:10 AM
As a general rule I don't like dresses as never used to find them particularly flattering. However, now I've lost some weight I was looking in Debenhams (UK dept store) and found this https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_038020410541_-1

It was love at first sight and when I tried it on it was love all over again as it is so flattering (maybe flattening in the right places would be more appropriate).

That is a very nice dress.  Hopefully you bought it .
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Gertrude

I think a lot of women skip dresses and skirts because the would have to shave their legs more often. That and for older women and women from conservative backgrounds had to wear dresses and skirts. I've read posts from CIS women that sounded like someone was trying to get a CIS man to wear a skirt. Unless it's cold out or I plan to get dirty, the unbiforcated garments are more comfortable and even then, there are kilts for cold and work.

•  

GordonG

Quote from: Gertrude on January 21, 2019, 05:16:33 PM
I've read posts from CIS women that sounded like someone was trying to get a CIS man to wear a skirt.
I wear a skirt regularly as a man. At least once a week while running errands.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

Linde

Quote from: GordonG on January 21, 2019, 07:30:44 PM
I wear a skirt regularly as a man. At least once a week while running errands.
Do you have a specific reason for this?
My wife did not wear skirts, my mother in law did not wear them, in fact, I don't know any cis woman, who is wearing a skirt.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

GordonG

Quote from: Dietlind on January 21, 2019, 07:34:17 PM
Do you have a specific reason for this?

Because I can, I like it, and I'm transfeminine. There is a blog devoted to men who wear skirts that I was a part of for a long time.

https://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/

E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•