Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I feel trapped by my own emotions.

Started by JanineTheGamer, April 22, 2018, 02:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanineTheGamer

I am itching to come out, but I know I would lose nearly everything. I would almost certainly be disowned by every relative I have. I might even end up homeless. My friends might not react as badly, but coworkers? Some of them would eat me alive. I think this is the source of my anxiety and paranoia, and when those two combine with OCD, I am a worried wreck who can't do anything. I have only ever told my ex, who abused me physically and emotionally for the remainder of our relationship, then ran me up on charges to throw shade off of herself, and my friend Jordynne, who believed everything my ex told her and now thinks im some kind of villain. So telling anyone that I know, I.e. anyone I could turn to, is out of the question because I have nearly lost the ability to trust anyone. I can't even focus on my hobbies anymore. I sit to write, and can't find words, or can't even type because of this. I try to play video games or chess and I lose over and over. I just can't think straight while I try to hold my shell close!
  •  

Dena

The solution is simple. You mind isn't ready to deal with a transition and therapy is the place where you can speed up the process. Anxiety, Paranoia and OCD are things that can be addressed with a therapist and once those are under control you will be able to address this in a more ordered fashion.

Some of coming out to others is to radiate confidence while your coming out. If people see your confident while your coming out, people are more likely to take the time to understand. You may not win everybody over, but you will be better able to handle those who reject you.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Stephanie Vaughan

Quote from: JanineTheGamer on April 22, 2018, 02:05:03 AM
I am itching to come out, but I know I would lose nearly everything. I would almost certainly be disowned by every relative I have. I might even end up homeless. My friends might not react as badly, but coworkers? Some of them would eat me alive. I think this is the source of my anxiety and paranoia, and when those two combine with OCD, I am a worried wreck who can't do anything. I have only ever told my ex, who abused me physically and emotionally for the remainder of our relationship, then ran me up on charges to throw shade off of herself, and my friend Jordynne, who believed everything my ex told her and now thinks im some kind of villain. So telling anyone that I know, I.e. anyone I could turn to, is out of the question because I have nearly lost the ability to trust anyone. I can't even focus on my hobbies anymore. I sit to write, and can't find words, or can't even type because of this. I try to play video games or chess and I lose over and over. I just can't think straight while I try to hold my shell close!
Hi Janine
I'm sorry to say, you can't want it enough if you are afraid of what people might think or say. Don't be like me and wait until you are in your fifties before doing something about it. I transitioned last year and yes there have been some difficult moments but if your friends are real friends they will stand by you. As for your relatives, you are right that they are the most difficult, I have only one brother and he just can't accept me for who i am. Thankfully we live on opposite sides of the world so it's not as though he is going to bump into me but it's sad that he can't accept me and won't believe my story as it puts a bad slant on our parents (long story!)
There are lots of forums and help groups with people longing to help, talk to me anytime xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •