Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Show of hands, who's been raped?

Started by Devlyn, May 04, 2018, 10:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

I have removed a post that describes graphic sexual activity. That is not allowed on this site.

Please have consideration for the thread with the pain and trauma that abusers have caused.

Cindy
Forum Administrator
  •  

grrl1nside

Uggggghhhh... tried not to do this thread but I have a new appreciation for the moth to a flame adage. Yes, at age 10 by an older cousin. And, who knows just how often when I was 15-17 yr old as my best friends step-dad was a paedophile principal that liked to supply lots of alcohol. So my memory is a bit blurry even though the basic outline is there.

This question riles me up because I know too many people that say it is the trauma that makes us 'confused.' My gender was an issue well before the abuse and I know that it is not implied here. It just leads me there for some reason. Evidently, I have been dealing with too many anti trans groups messaging lately through my work where there has been a lot of opposition to a sexual orientation and gender identity component in our education system.
  •  

Donna

December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Donna

Trama  did not make me confused. I had an idea what I truly wanted. The abuse made me shut down emotionally and question if my internal desire to be fem is what attracted the abuse. This shut down made me move forward in life hating to admit my true feelings, burying it and doing everything I could to make me as male as male can be. Those desires have tried to push thru over the years and I squashed them any way I could. As far as I'm concerned without the abuse I would have admitted who I was.
I consider anything anti trans as annoying small minded talk and tend to ignor it. If I need I will chime in.
We have to live to be who we are
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: grrl1nside on June 23, 2018, 09:25:28 PM
...Uggggghhhh... tried not to do this thread but I have a new appreciation for the moth to a flame adage...

I understand, when a new reply pops up, I'm not always in a good place to come read it. The thread is, as others have said, a difficult read.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

SarahM777

Quote from: Devlyn on June 24, 2018, 05:00:21 PM
I understand, when a new reply pops up, I'm not always in a good place to come read it. The thread is, as others have said, a difficult read.

Hugs, Devlyn

The stories are hard to read but I think what is harder still is realizing that there are far too many of us that gone through this. (Even 1 is 1 too many)
Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard.

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Drugged out cold , and messed with can't remember a thing
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Donna

Quote from: Devlyn on June 24, 2018, 05:00:21 PM

Hugs, Devlyn

It is very hard to read but I have to thank you for starting it. It was even harder to talk about it but that was another step to healing.  It has shown me that it wasn't me that caused it to happen in the first place. My true self didn't attract this unwanted event.
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

SonadoraXVX

Yes molested and attempted molestation as a very young boy, never raped. As a young man in the military, attempted molestation/rape.
My heart goes out to everyone that had to go through this violation of trust, from colleagues, family and friends, through this difficult time of our lives  :(
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

Coffeedrew

The person I considered my best friend growing up.I was in third grade when it started and really did not figured it out until high-school.I would say sexual abuse and being taken advantage of.He was the only one in my early life who I told about being transgender.I have always assumed he was a abused also but he hide the pain and took it out on others.Thanks for listening.
  •  

PurpleWolf

Just noticed this thread...... A sad read  :'(
My heart goes out to all you guys.......!!!

Me: Not exactly raped but sexually assaulted by 3 boys my age at 7 in a school corridor. Then a close male family member who was like a dad to me tried to sexually abuse me at 10.... but eventually I was strong enough to say no and it didn't lead anywhere..... But knowing that the one adult I trusted 100% wanted to actually sexually abuse me traumatized me pretty bad..... I got the vibes that he sexualized me overall as well.

Those incidents had no effect on me feeling masc and like a boy.... bcos I felt that already when I was like 1. And hangups about societal expectations on being a girl. BUT they probably did affect my self-image and me feeling my body is trash, along with perpetual bullying and mental abuse since the age of 3........

Now I'm in the process of contemplating whether that sexual abuse had a bigger effect on me and my gender than I ever even realized before...  At least it seems most of my body dysphoria was actually trauma-related.
!!!REBIRTH=legal name change on Feb 16th 2018!!!
This is where life begins for me. It's a miracle I finally got it done.

My body is the home of my soul; not the other way around.

I'm more than anything an individual; I'm too complex to be put in any box.

- A social butterfly not living in social isolation anymore  ;D -
(Highly approachable but difficult to grasp)

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Not me.  I feel sad for those of you that have been.  My heart breaks for you and what you endured. 

Hugs,

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Devlyn

It's been awhile since this thread came up, so I reread it all. It's painful but I think people are able to take strength from it. My thanks again to all who have shared their experiences and support here.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Well I did not know where or if I should post this but I figured since I posted in this thread and this has to do with the situation I will post it here. I found out a few weeks ago that one of the guys that sexually assaulted me was found and arrested. The police came to my door asking me if I am still willing to testify, I broke down crying I just want to forget that part of my life. I found out he sexually assaulted many others and there was a group of arrests. I don't want him to get away with it again he was free for 24 years and continued to hurt kids which sucks that the police could not find him. I am sorry that more people got hurt. I don't know if I should testify and re read my victim impact statement in front of a whole courtroom I was humiliated when it happened and it is bringing everything back now. I don't want him to get away again but I don't know if I can mentally handle this it is so hard way to many emotions are going through my head. I just want to live my new life and forget about the past I just don't know what to do
  •  

GingerVicki

Regrettably, I add my name to the list.
  •  

itsApril

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on December 01, 2018, 04:01:12 PM
. . . I found out a few weeks ago that one of the guys that sexually assaulted me was found and arrested. The police came to my door asking me if I am still willing to testify, I broke down crying I just want to forget that part of my life. I found out he sexually assaulted many others and there was a group of arrests. I don't want him to get away with it again he was free for 24 years and continued to hurt kids which sucks that the police could not find him. I am sorry that more people got hurt. I don't know if I should testify and re read my victim impact statement in front of a whole courtroom I was humiliated when it happened and it is bringing everything back now. . . .

Yes.  PLEASE testify against him and do whatever you can to put him down for good.
-April
  •  

Linde

I am horrified and sad to read what many of you had to go through!  I cannot even imagine what this experience must have been for you.  I feel so sorry for you!

I lived a very sheltered and happy life.  I don't think I was ever molested or raped.  My dad and my 4 older, very strong cousins would have broke every bone of anybody who would have assaulted my sister and I!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

KathyLauren

Natalie, I am so sorry that you are faced with this dilemma.  I would strongly urge you to testify, but of course I understand if you are not able to do so.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

Thank you @KathyLauren  @Dietlind @itsApril for your support I really do want to testify I am  hoping I have the mental capability to do so because at this moment I just don't seem to have it. I also just don't to have to relive it all I still have burn marks on my right arm from where they burned me and ya. It is like I am reliving every moment again 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on December 01, 2018, 09:49:31 PM
Thank you @KathyLauren  @Dietlind @itsApril for your support I really do want to testify I am  hoping I have the mental capability to do so because at this moment I just don't seem to have it. I also just don't to have to relive it all I still have burn marks on my right arm from where they burned me and ya. It is like I am reliving every moment again
But think about, once he/they are locked away, it is finally over!  He/they cannot ham any other human being anymore, and you can get closure for good!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•