Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Cars, Trucks, and Motorcycles

Started by 4A-GZE, May 06, 2018, 09:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big kim

Still a big fan of Triumphs, had a 350,500 & 750 Bonneville in the 70s. Nearly bought a Triumph America but bought a Harley Sportster & love it. 36K since March 2016 

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p206x206/26195779_570781473273047_893124145107431964_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&oh=9251bc17986a2e4fcff0c88376027419&oe=5C1682A1
  •  

SonadoraXVX

Eying foxbody mustang gt's, from 87-93, but I'm torn between ragtop or hardtop, blasting ratt invasion of your privacy album[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

4A-GZE

Quote from: SonadoraXVX on October 09, 2018, 05:50:13 AM
Eying foxbody mustang gt's, from 87-93, but I'm torn between ragtop or hardtop, blasting ratt invasion of your privacy album[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My first car was an 88 LX convertible!
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: SonadoraXVX on October 09, 2018, 05:50:13 AM

LOL!

I had an '84 notchback and it was a fun little car.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Jasminex69

I'm currently working on a Chevy 1500 Express van that I put a 3inch lift on and I'm in the process of adding a sink/icebox combo to the inside.  I use this as my Adventure Mobile for Metal detecting, Fishing, Crabbing, camping and hopefully soon a trip to Alaska and to the East Coast in it.  Anyone up for a Road Trip....

Jas
  •  

Jessicauk

Into my motorbikes in a big way 😅🙈, I am a mech and I have two right now a modified Yamaha r1 (5jj) and a gsxr600 (k1) the latter is my track bike :).. Im currently eyeing up a Honda vtr, either an sp1 or sp2 😅
  •  

Liina

Well of the motorized kind, I have GMC pick up for all my utilitarian needs, an old 4Runner that is still doing me favours. But my piece which I love is my 911 Carrera, it is older but is in mint condition and has 40,000 miles on it. It is very much a summer car since we have brutal winter driving conditions. It was always my dream car and once I had the chance to get into one...I jumped in. Have to see if I can find some pics somewhere...
  •  

Linde

I educed my motorized vehicle stable by quite a bit after I moved to Florida.  I used to have  an Audi  Q7 (V8). an Audi tt Quattro roadster, a VW Passat R36 (the Germany build version), a Ford F350 dual cab with long bed, a heavily modified Jeep Wrangler (not street legal anymore) I pulled a car trailer with the F350 to go offroading.  I had a little shop in the back of the F350.
I also had two British roadsters, a 1961 Triumph TR4, and a 172 Triumph Spitfire (with overdrive and hard top).  A motorhome, and my favorite toy, a real John Deere tractor with all hydraulics, front end loader and back hoe and a heated cab for winter snow clearing.

Upon moving to Florida a little over a year ago, I sold the Audis, the John Deere, and the F350.  And my son got the Triumph Spitfire and the Jeep.

Now I have as a daily drive a V6 Kia Sorento, the Triumph TR4 for fun, and a litte motor scooter for riding around town.
and I have the motorhome for going up north when the summers get to hot her in southern Florida.

Anybody interested to do some cross country cruising with their Rv's?  I pull the Sorento behind the motorhome, to have a vehicle available at all times.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

davina61

You still have a tractor (joking) the Standard 4 cyl engine in the TR4 is the same block used in a Ferguson tractor!! Yes old enough to have worked on both and Spitfires , my first car was a Triumph Herald  that uses the same chassis/running gear . Fond memories of rattles, cold drafts, replacing worn trunnion bushes and trying to make handbrake work as well as lift off oversteer . Still it taught me to handle an out of shape car at relatively low speed , not like the kids today that end up in a ditch as they don't know what to do.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Linde

Quote from: davina61 on December 21, 2018, 04:30:18 AM
You still have a tractor (joking) the Standard 4 cyl engine in the TR4 is the same block used in a Ferguson tractor!! Yes old enough to have worked on both and Spitfires , my first car was a Triumph Herald  that uses the same chassis/running gear . Fond memories of rattles, cold drafts, replacing worn trunnion bushes and trying to make handbrake work as well as lift off oversteer . Still it taught me to handle an out of shape car at relatively low speed , not like the kids today that end up in a ditch as they don't know what to do.
It is amazing what they got out of that block!  My TR4 has 120 hp, but with hardly muh weight, the baby is pretty fast.
And yes, you don't drive it with one hand on the wheel , you have to constantly fight it, and need both hands for this!
Lucas, the king of darkness dos not either make life easy with those vehicles.  The TR4 came with a whopping 4 (FOUR) fuses, I added 10 more to them.
I have to say that my handbrake works pretty well, if I can get a hold of it,that is.  The vehicle was made for the outside UK market, and has a left side steering wheel and das, but they left the handbrake on the right side of the tunnel!  One has to lean over quite a bit to be able to operate it, and that is a little more difficult, if the passenger seat is also occupied, but it is also kind of fun, if this occupant is a person of your desire!
I have something like a roof for this car, it is a piece of canvas that has to be installed over a series of so called hood sticks, that have to be put into place first.  It takes 15 to 20 minutes to get the "roof" installed, and most rain showers are over by that time the roof is up, and if it is up, it is only a semi protection against water getting into the car, because it is not what one would call a tight enclosure at all!
Anyway, it is fun to drive the thing once one is able to convince it to go for a drive!

I always wanted one since I was a young teenager (the city I lived was the cite of the British Forces Headquaters of the northern Rhine Army, and we had a zillion of Brits living among us), and I had to spend half of my life wanting one, and move to the US to get one.  The baby is now with me for way longer than 30 years!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•