News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Dreams Trigger Dysphoria:(

Started by Mercin, May 16, 2018, 05:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercin

Hey,
I do not quite know if this topic fits here, just tell me if it does not:) Sorry for the terrible English, it is not my mother tongue.
Since I was a little child ,as early as I can remember, I almost exclusively see myself as boy/man in my dreams. I mean in my real dreams, at night (not dreams as in what I want to be in the future). My appearance varies, for example sometimes I am a little boy, sometimes I am a middle aged man or a teenager, sometimes I am a feminine looking guy, an ugly man, or a very handsome one. But I am always male. I dream every time I sleep, and I always remember what I dreamt. Since I was a child, I loved these kind of dreams. No matter if their content was violent or sad, if I was a pretty man with lots of friends or an outcast in them, something felt so much better und more...right than in my real life.
If I have dreams in which I am female, there are often very terrible for me. It feels wrong even in my dreams, I want to cut my chest of or harm myself, or I just feel an intense sadness. There are rarely any dreams in which I am female and do not feel unhappy. It has been like this my entire life.
Of course, the dreams in which I am a man fill me with joy. I love them, when I go to sleep I wish for a nice one. But there is a big problem: I wake up, and look in the mirror, and do not see a man. I feel that I do not have the right parts (like in my dreams). I already know that I am trans and I am taking steps to transitioning. So naturally, this causes great distress for me. It always feels like I have something taken away for me that I had already achieved (even though of course I know that dreams are not reality). It makes me think I look extra ugly and wrong during the daytime, and causes anger and sadness. Just to clarify, I am sometimes  a ugly man in my dreams and I still love them because of being able to be a man, this is not about being a super handsome prince charming or anything, it is just about looking like a man at all.
Has anyone ever felt the same way, or had a similiar problem? How can I deal with that? I love my dreams almost more than reality, for that reason and I know that this is not healthy at all:( If there are any questions, feel free to ask.
  •  

Ryuichi13

I have to admit, I've not had dreams like that my ENTIRE life, but since I began transitioning, if I'm female in my dreams, they usually end up waking me up.  I regard those dreams as nightmares, even in my subconscious.

I know its not the same, but I understand what you mean by waking up and feeling "wrong" when you look in the mirror. 

Fortunately for me, I'm looking more male when I look in the mirror.  I hope the same is happening for you since you mentioned that you are also transitioning.

Good luck bro.  May we BOTH be male when we look in the mirror someday.

Ryuichi

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

•  

Doreen

Since what I had before was a nightmare to me anyways, I've been very happy after the surgery downstairs.. That being said once in a while I'll have a  terrible dream that the surgeon 'tricked' me and the surgeon was only partly done and it still looked like a nightmare.  One time I woke up so pissed off I was ready to make an international call and cuss him out under no uncertain terms, it was THAT real.  Took me a few minutes to realize.. oh wait, now.. everything is fine! i HAD to stand in front of a mirror .. to finally convince that dark dark area of my psyche that it WAS ok.

PHEW!  I hope dredging up that memory doesn't cause the nightmare to return.  This too shall pass :) It eases with times passage into legend and myth.
  •  

Mynameisjohn

follow your dream,become male like i did. i had the same thing and it caused a sinking feeling in my gut like i ment nothing and worthless.now with the right clothes haircut and stubble(testostone) im finally happy and you will be to. be who you want you be. you are a male simple as that.
  •