Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Anyone had a pelvic laparoscopy done? Please share your experiences

Started by Doreen, May 29, 2018, 11:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doreen

A long standing issue over the last couple years has been cramping with associated pain in my lower abdominal area.. here's the catch.

Ultrasound showed ovaries/uterus.
MRI showed 'fleshy protuberance' based on genetic profile oddly shaped & looking like an immature uterus.
CT scanned showed nothing out of the 'ordinary'

Finally I had a  pelvic laparoscopy. And here's the kicker.  ITs supposed to be the most definitive.   Yet the physician saw 'nothing' at all as far as reproductive organs.  Just the vagina & rectum coming together in midline (not surprising, I did have GCS).

Has anyone ever heard of ANYONE born with .... no reproductive internal organs whatsoever?  I know I didn't have them removed during GCS.  (THey leave the prostate & seminal vesicles in M2f, and cis female? Ya sure they do on a total hysterectomy, but pretty sure I didn't have that done either).

I'm  thinking I need a 2nd opinion.  Seeing how I started HRT around 21, and my hormones were .. as far as my knowledge goes always in female limits... maybe (as much as I dread to think its possible) I do have a prostate & s. vesicles, they're just really really small?  That was one theory floated by one of the radiologists.  The reproductive endo at Duke seems to agree with the 'being born neutral' theory.  PAIS/5 alpha reductase deficiency/17 hydroxylase deficiency floated as diagnosis.

What do you guys think? Ever heard of this before?   Or am I once again floating in a sea of medical obscurity & occultism. 

UGH.  Cuz its still cramping there.  A very very very long going complaint of mine.  Far as I know no internals scarring/adhesions there either.  I have a CT getting ordered of the pelvic region specifically now, being read by the Duke medical professionals.  Maybe that'll show more light.. or maybe just more diagnosis & theories. 

??? ??? :(
  •  

mm

Hopefully a CT will help determine what organs you do have and what is the cause of your pain. Good luck
  •  

josie76

I know in that one CT slice you previously shared, I even saw a "something" in your scan. I hope this time someone can give you an answer.

Lack of alpha5-reductase normally does not limit testicular cell testosterone release. You should also have normal male levels of AMH. It just prevents DHT and sensitive tissue development like the external genitals.

PAIS would still have testosterone also and they should be able to find male levels of AMH in your blood.

17-hydroxylase, I'd have to dig into my research on my laptop for that one.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Doreen

Quote from: josie76 on June 01, 2018, 10:00:15 PM
I know in that one CT slice you previously shared, I even saw a "something" in your scan. I hope this time someone can give you an answer.

Lack of alpha5-reductase normally does not limit testicular cell testosterone release. You should also have normal male levels of AMH. It just prevents DHT and sensitive tissue development like the external genitals.

PAIS would still have testosterone also and they should be able to find male levels of AMH in your blood.

17-hydroxylase, I'd have to dig into my research on my laptop for that one.

Ya my AMH was at net 0.  Same as my Testosterone.  Same as my inhibinB.  For all intents & purposes I appear to be a menopausal female, at least as far as internal hormones go. Its a mystery. 

Addendum: Actually I stand corrected.  If you have no testes, no AMH levels.   I finally found a research article that mentioned it.  I don't remember having them... but nonetheless, at least I know for sure they aren't there lol.. for what good it'll do.
  •