News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How to achieve a female voice

Started by TranSketch, May 30, 2018, 09:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatalieRene

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 26, 2018, 07:37:03 AM
The triads are the hardest part of the daily training video for me to do, as my voice can crack if I try to keep up with the singing pace of the tones.

I have found that drinking something occasionally helps while I try to sing the tones.

I noticed that there is a daily video number two, scales and pentachords. 

Chrissy

Try not to overstrain and as you practice over time your voice will get stronger.
  •  

Wirral girl

Quote from: DawnOday on December 21, 2018, 10:00:40 AM
I am trying to get a study group together to work on voice training. I plan to start the first of the year.  I am using the training material I got from Emily, my voice trainer. The idea is to gather weekly for about ten weeks. Since Susan's has a base from around the world we will more than likely shoot for 10 A.M. here which translates to 6:00 P.M. London time. I live in the Pacific Time Zone. Right now we have five participants who have expressed interest. I plan to start a blog in the next week or so to post more information such as Agenda, references, Skype information. Q and A.  I want to make sure we all know I am not a Speech Pathologist but I did stay at the Holiday Express. Seriously, I spent quite a bit of time with Emily over the last year. Besides voice, I plan to cover presentation, mannerisms, confidence and putting it all together.  Please send a PM if you want to be included. Before you consider surgery, why not give this a try. 

Dawn

I don't seem to be able to send PMs for some reason, but this would be fab as I really want to put in more work on my voice in the New Year. I live in the UK.
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: Wirral girl on December 27, 2018, 09:59:30 AM
I don't seem to be able to send PMs for some reason, but this would be fab as I really want to put in more work on my voice in the New Year. I live in the UK.

Hi Wirral girl,
Private Messaging is enabled after a number of posts have been made.  Details are in Dena's reply to your first post, or if you need the introductory links re-sent let me know and I'll re-post them here.  :) Thanks
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Natalie,

I do wish to again express my appreciation for your help here with voice training ideas.
This is a vital area for me to master.

I hope you have a great 2019 too.  Happy New Year!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 31, 2018, 08:01:53 PM
Natalie,

I do wish to again express my appreciation for your help here with voice training ideas.
This is a vital area for me to master.

I hope you have a great 2019 too.  Happy New Year!

Chrissy

I'm thinking that we should be starting soon. I'll be back at the apartment in the evening the day after tomorrow.

Once you get your pitch good you just need to practice projecting your voice from your mouth and feel the ringing. Then the hardest part is the inflection. Pretend you are singing your sentence. That part took me a while.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 31, 2018, 08:48:11 PM
I'm thinking that we should be starting soon. I'll be back at the apartment in the evening the day after tomorrow.

Once you get your pitch good you just need to practice projecting your voice from your mouth and feel the ringing. Then the hardest part is the inflection. Pretend you are singing your sentence. That part took me a while.
Hoe on earth do you project your voice from your mouth, or how do you control it?  I open my mouth, and voice sounds come out of it!
I have no vibration in my chest when I talk, it is more in my throat, or upper neck part.  That means, I do not create a lot of low sounds.  I have no clue what projection means, either!

During a dinner cruise tonight, my friend and I were sitting at a table with another couple.  We had about 2 hours worth of conversation, and as we left, the couple said, it was really nice meeting you ladies.  My voice must not have been giving me away, I assume!  But I did nothing else than trying to avoid the low pitch sentence endings.

Happy New Yer to all of you here in the voice training camp!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Lynne

Quote from: NatalieRene on December 31, 2018, 08:48:11 PM

My first day at work this year will be on the 7th so I'm mostly free every day until then. Except today morning, I just got home(at 8 AM), I need some sleep.
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: Dietlind on December 31, 2018, 09:24:01 PM
Hoe on earth do you project your voice from your mouth, or how do you control it?  I open my mouth, and voice sounds come out of it!
I have no vibration in my chest when I talk, it is more in my throat, or upper neck part.  That means, I do not create a lot of low sounds.  I have no clue what projection means, either!

During a dinner cruise tonight, my friend and I were sitting at a table with another couple.  We had about 2 hours worth of conversation, and as we left, the couple said, it was really nice meeting you ladies.  My voice must not have been giving me away, I assume!  But I did nothing else than trying to avoid the low pitch sentence endings.

Happy New Yer to all of you here in the voice training camp!

It's kind of hard to explain but if it is coming from your throat you pretty much have it. Do you know how a projector in a movie theater throws its image to the screen? All voices are projected it's just how are they.

If you have the resonance then the next step is inflection through tone rather then volume level. Also you should practice yelling, singing coughing and sneezing. I know it sounds silly but it will help in day to day if this is practiced to start building muscle memory.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 01, 2019, 11:28:16 AM
It's kind of hard to explain but if it is coming from your throat you pretty much have it. Do you know how a projector in a movie theater throws its image to the screen? All voices are projected it's just how are they.

If you have the resonance then the next step is inflection through tone rather then volume level. Also you should practice yelling, singing coughing and sneezing. I know it sounds silly but it will help in day to day if this is practiced to start building muscle memory.

Fascinating, this is.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: NatalieRene on January 01, 2019, 11:28:16 AM

I can yell louder with a higher pitch than I can do with a lower (masculine) pitch.  The low pitch hurts my throat a little.  I know that I sing higher than I  normally talk.  I think my biggest problem is this pattern that I always fall to the low end at the end of a sentence.  It is an absolute learned behavior, but it is very hard to unlearn.
You were still pretty young when you became female, and probably were still way more pliable concerning your behaviors.  I am an old hag, and changing this old girl is not that easy!

•  

ChrissyRyan

I keep practicing.   :)

Wishing you all well with your voice training too...   :)

Chrissy
  •  

NatalieRene

Maybe we all should just hop on skype sometime and just talk.
  •  

Linde

I still have a really bad cold, but that has the advantage that my voice seems not to have any base anymore.  The absolutely lowest frequency I could get was 206 Hz, but I could not get higher than 250 hz either.  AA pretty flat and wimpy sounding voice.

•