News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

HRT thread with a difference

Started by Sylvia, May 31, 2018, 10:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faith

Quote from: Monica on February 17, 2019, 02:25:27 PM
Honestly, I don't think my little one even understands the concept of gender yet. She's 8.
You'd be surprised. My point being, they don't get confused or shocked when they are made aware. Mostly you might get a couple questions and then .. whatever, back to what they were doing. It's the adults with a lifetime of socialization that have the problems.
Quote from: Faith on February 17, 2019, 07:09:59 AM
The 'man fading away' That's hard. My wife is struggling real hard with it. Her man isn't just fading away at this point, he's gone.
You know, I realize that it was a moment of real honesty on her part, but it was one of the most unintentionally mean things she's ever said to me. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong. I don't see any of this as a character transformation. I'm still me. I'm just happier, thinner, and healthier over all. Not as horribly sick anywhere near as often. I'm trying to be considerate, not self obsessed, and completely honest. I'm not hiding anything from her for longer than say, a minute. But I don't understand the reasoning there.
I also feel different and I don't. We aren't talking about our perceptions of self, we're talking about their perceptions of us and that is a totally different thing. My wife does not see 'him' in my face anymore. She does not feel 'him' when we hug and kiss.

Lack of sexual activity for us isn't about ability to perform, it's the fact that she wants to make love to him and she cannot find 'him', only 'her'.

What we do have is a deep love for each other. We have plenty of years to rediscover each other.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•