Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

3 things I need help on

Started by Terra, December 28, 2007, 12:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terra

I was talking with my friend at work and she was trying to help me get ready for full time. I was hoping that I could cross check with you girls and make sure I have everything straight.

1. Pantyhose doesn't come in individual sizes, just petite, average, and large. (I mentioned making gaffs)

2. Women's shoes are smaller then men's, so my 14 mens would be a 13 or 12 woman's.

3. Chest size for buying bras. We aren't sure on what size I should get. I remember that transgirls have a different sizing chart, but I must have missed it in the wiki if it was there.

The first to sounded slightly off to me, but I might be wrong. But I was hoping to get some of this straightened out before I go full time. Thanks.  ;D
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

Susan

Quote from: Angel on December 28, 2007, 12:45:29 AM
1. Pantyhose doesn't come in individual sizes, just petite, average, and large. (I mentioned making gaffs)
2. Women's shoes are smaller then men's, so my 14 mens would be a 13 or 12 woman's.
3. Chest size for buying bras. We aren't sure on what size I should get. I remember that transgirls have a different sizing chart, but I must have missed it in the wiki if it was there.

Start in the wiki...

Sizing is based on measurements so the sizing chart is the same.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

shanetastic

regarding your womens shoe sizes.  You typically add a size and a half to your male shoe size to get female shoe size.  So if your a 7 in mens you would be an 8 1/2 in womens.  So a 14 would be 15 1/2 in womens I believe. 
trying to live life one day at a time
  •  

saraswatidevi

Pantyhose go up to very large sizes. It depends where you buy them. Yes, use the charts on the back for an estimate of hight and weight for a particular size. I often buy Queen size or 2x because I need the length in the leg. That means that I have to roll up the top at my waist or they would reach to my armpits. Trying to find a brand that actually fits your body is going to be a joke and  it isn't because you are TS. I can find large sizes at Wal-Mart if I look around.

Bras. Measure around your chest just below where your boobs are (or will be). Then add 5 inches. If you come out with an odd number then go up to the next even size. This is the band size. The cup size will require experimenting. Most women do not wear the right size bra nor do they know their right size. Once you are comfortable shopping for clothes en femme go somewhere that they fit bras.
  •  

Terra

Um, ok I think I have it for the shoes and pantyhose. But with bras, where or how do you get the padded bras? I looked discreetly in wal-mart the other day and didn't see any obvious signs for padding or for the padded bras.
  •  

saraswatidevi

QuoteBut with bras, where or how do you get the padded bras

I'm not sure what you mean. My Wal-Mart is full of padded bras. I'm guessing you were too nervous to stand there feeling the bras long enough to find what you want. Usually the bottom is padded, sometimes thickly, and the tops sometimes are padded and sometimes are not.

Are you planning to wear breast forms? Do you have boobs yet? If you do not yet have any augmentation then I suggest buying a bra in B cup and one in C cup get forms to fill them. Or if you are going for a more endowed look try C cup and D cup.

Here is a thread about favorite bras.
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,23297.0.html

This thread is about different kinds of breast forms.
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,23192.msg175743.html#msg175743
  •  

Terra

Well I did have forms, but now I have some breast. I think I have A cup, but I'm not sure. Big enough to know what they are, but not big enough to be proportinate. Supposedly I am going to be somewhere between a B and C cup.

So the bras are pre padded? I assume they say it on the tag? I was a bit nervous to be standing around in the bra section. Pantyhose I can explain away, but not bras. ;)
  •  

saraswatidevi

QuoteSo the bras are pre padded? I assume they say it on the tag?

Most are padded. No, they don't necessarily say so on the tag. You will have to stand there and feel them and /or take them home and try them on. Some brands have a line called by a cute name that implies something is added but doesn't actually say 'padded'. Some bras have a small pad that slip into a pocket on the bottom side of the bra. These are usually push-up bras. By the way the push-up bras are usually labeled as such. If you have less than an A cup of tissue then an A cup push up would probably be right for you. There is no getting around having to try them on.
  •  

Rashelle

Since we're chatting about walmart the nobo (no boundaries) company has water cup bras. Which is what I wore before getting my BA. Also like sara said push up bras are usually padded and will say padded pushup. Though your best bet is to try a bra on before buying.
Rashelle
  •