Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

2 months after glottoplasty, i can still access lower register, is this normal?

Started by nongcandy8558, June 26, 2018, 01:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nongcandy8558

The first month I cant access lower voice at all when trying to speak lower, no voice came out
but as time goes by and vocal cord become more flexible I can still access my deep voice
and sometime i feel tired when sustaining female voice that I can rest my voice by speaking in my lower register
is this normal?
the difference I find after glottoplasty is my feminine voice is much easier to produce and sound female than pre opt whereas my pre op voice is pinched and does not sound natural when trying to speak feminine, my lower voice post op still sound like my pre-op whereas some girls said when she try to go lower would sound like a girl trying to speak like a guy which is different from my case, so im not sure if I mess anything
  •  

OU812

First, two months is still hella early, regardless of what impressions you've gleaned from anyone else. You really shouldn't assume this is anywhere close to your final voice.

Second, I really want you to focus on adapting your voice usage to the new, more easily accessible female register that will continue opening up for you over time. I'm at 6+ months right now and I literally am continuing to notice improvements in the feminization and voice quality with each subsequent month.

Third, having access to a lower register is something a LOT of "ordinary" females have: I bet you would be really surprised just how low many of them go, and that you hear this on a daily basis via TV / media. I can still go close to as low as I could before - but my voice sounds totally different now. It's not the same lower register you had before, it's new and improved. And the fact is, the rest of your register is going to be so much better that you won't even care how low you can go!

Give your voice time to heal and mature. You're in for a treat!

PS. Remember, trying to imitate a guy's voice is something of a giggly pastime among females of all varieties, whom I'm sure have all tried at one time or another.  :P
  •  

GeekGirl

Maybe have your vocal cords checked out and scoped. After my first surgery, I also had these same qualities. It is possible that the web split and thus there is very little change pre-op vs post-op. I had glottoplasty done again and my pitch is now higher than before. I can't access the low end like I used to pre-op. However, it's not exactly a pitch range shift, but simply an inability to access anything below 145Hz. Actually, much of the lows are chopped out of my range, but also the some of the top end, too, because I used to be able to do a falsetto. Now my voice kind of cracks easier at the top end so I can't sing falsetto... ugh.
  •