Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Is lying (in this situation) wrong?

Started by Madeline, July 13, 2018, 04:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madeline

I feel bad for posting this because I am definitely stereotyping people here and I would like to start by saying I understand this does not represent everyone.

Anyhoo, I have heard a lot of things on here that some members of the christian community are very much against transgender people and I am really paranoid about one of my best friends, who is a christian. He is an amazing person and we do charity work and are young leaders at beavers and do basically everything together but I have an irrational fear that he will hate me if I ever come out to him, even though that would be totally out of character.

I came up with an idea that I felt bad about but wanted opinions on. I had the idea of telling him I was doing a survey on peoples opinions on transgender people for school so I can see what he thinks.

I know this is wrong and he is very open minded about things so I don't see why he would be trans-phobic, but it would really ease my mind and allow me to eventually come out to him.

What do you think?

X Maria
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[They say to live life to its fullest, but are you even living if your not really you?]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  •  

Lilly G

testing the waters with your friend is usually a great idea, as it will help you out. however, I have noticed the chritian youth a lot of times show the love of jesus(im Christian myself and am open about being trans and never cared much for what the elders thought) the Christian youth are usually unbigoted and have many times been the most vocal supporters of the transgender community where I live. (yay the 7 of us in my area are supported by peers alone) so, if your friend has had a proper learning of the bible, then he or she will be supportive and not hateful.
Love,
Lilly Garcia
Lilly, Lady of the Strawberries"Hope is like the sun, if you believe only when you can see you will never make it through the night" -Leia Organa
  •