Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Coming out to younger siblings.

Started by Madeline, July 22, 2018, 03:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madeline

My mum has decided that I need to come out to my siblings and at least one grandparent before I can see a therapist. In addition I recently cross dressed for the first time and would love to do it more but to do so I would have to come out to my siblings. My brother is 12 and my sister is 9. Do any of your have advice on how to come out to them and should I come out to them separately or together? Any experience would be super helpful!
Thanks!
Lots of love,
Maria!
(Btw my parents have said that they will help) I
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[They say to live life to its fullest, but are you even living if your not really you?]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  •  

Lilly G

honestly, I have yet to come out to my cousins kids, and I see them at least once a week. I talked to my cousin, and she said she will talk to them(the eldest is 7). children are usually more accepting maria, and of the two, the sister will probably be easier to talk to. I am the youngest sibling in my family so it was easier to come out to my family.....like that was smart......but since it sounds like your parents are accepting, then that means that the two children should be as well.....just expect to be asked a lot of questions, because the 12 year old at lest will know about the two binary genders and want to get answers.....im not saying to provide him with answers to all his questions, but you wont be able to hide it for long at any rate, might as well get it over with so they can accept you.....it will take time for them to wrap their minds around it.

I hope all goes well for you Maria.

Love,
Lilly Garcia
Lilly, Lady of the Strawberries"Hope is like the sun, if you believe only when you can see you will never make it through the night" -Leia Organa
  •  

Dena

For children not yet in their teens, cover the basics like what you want to do and when you want to do it. Avoid the detail because they probably aren't interested in it. Just make the aware that your willing to answer any additional questions they might have. The younger they are, the fewer questions they will have. The 12 year old might have a few more questions and could be more difficult to deal with so take your time and let it happen.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Madeline

Thanks for advice! Hopefully I'll come out sometimes soon!
Lots of love,
Maria
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[They say to live life to its fullest, but are you even living if your not really you?]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  •