Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

[23 MTF] Stopping HRT after 3 weeks, When will things return to normal?

Started by rejoycemurphy, August 03, 2018, 10:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rejoycemurphy

So I'm 23 mtf, who just stopped hormone therapy after 3 weeks. I stopped because I realized I care far too much about having children later in life and decided I need to wait until I can freeze sperm.

I quit about 6 days ago and have not noticed any changes, I still have little to no libido and am worried that my testes may not start producing sperm again. Is this normal at this stage? Will my Libido, Erections, and Sperm Production return with more time? Should I be concerned?
  •  

Jessica

Hi rejoycemurphy 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica.
After only 3 weeks of hrt, it is unlikely that you will not have a full return of libido, erections and sperm production.  It is wise to ensure those little swimmers are preserved if you ever want to use them.
I hope this won't stop joining us on the forums.  There is still plenty of support you can get here!

I see your new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don't forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

AnonyMs

I stopped a few times in my early days. It always came back. I can't remember how long it took, and it would probably depend on the individual and time on HRT anyway. I did feel really bad when it came back, worse than before I started.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: rejoycemurphy on August 03, 2018, 10:00:15 PM
So I'm 23 mtf, who just stopped hormone therapy after 3 weeks. I stopped because I realized I care far too much about having children later in life and decided I need to wait until I can freeze sperm.

I quit about 6 days ago and have not noticed any changes, I still have little to no libido and am worried that my testes may not start producing sperm again. Is this normal at this stage? Will my Libido, Erections, and Sperm Production return with more time? Should I be concerned?

Hi Rejoycemurphy, fortunately 3 weeks is not long enough to actually reach equilibrium in the endocrine system.
Good diet and exercise will accelerate the bounce back to the original libido. I think red meat balanced with leafy green vegetables is a beneficial addition to a normal good balanced diet. Zinc supplement (tablets) assist potency and sperm production. One month should show progress back to your fully male self. Oil production (sebum) in your sweat will ramp back up. The male androgen smell in your sweat is a sure sign the endocrine system is back in male mode.
Weight training will naturally boost androgen level as well.
One month should show results- 2 months you should feel like your old self. I have personally done this. Also I think pinning down your reproductive options is a very sound idea.
Wishing you the best, Kirsten.
As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Dani

With only 3 weeks of HRT, you will not have gone very far in your transition. In a month or so you should be back to normal. The best indication of a return to normal is when your libido has returned to your previous level of interest. Keep in mind that libido has many psychological components, not just physical.

•